ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Evening big d!

Pouring in the tristate! Sucks!
I've hit a tough spot on the diet! Sucks! Somehow I haven't missed a beat but put on 6 pounds. Today I've kicked it in to overdrive!

Last week of July, where the hell has the summer gone?

On Monday mtv turns 35, while the following Monday 8/8 I'll turn 35

Gotta get ready for work hope all is well in d land!

Over and out for now!

Evening big d!

I've hit a tough spot on the diet! Sucks! Somehow I haven't missed a beat but put on 6 pounds. Today I've kicked it in to overdrive!

Over and out for now!

Me in Phoenix: "Will this summer never end?"

Answer" Two more months. The heat breaks about October1. Then 8 months of perfect weather. When you guys start feeling depressed about the coming winter we are perking up.

Evening big d!

Over and out for now!
You know, muscle is heavier than fat. You're at the point now where you are probably increasing your muscle mass. Pay attention to how your pants fit or which belt hole you're in. All that walking could have added some weight to your legs.

Evening big d!

Over and out for now!
Hang in there on the weight loss. Once you get over the hump, pounds come off quicker. Stay active and watch the carbs.

I only know 3-4 posters in Paddock who I suspect detest us. We are mostly seen just as harmless drooling babbling old folk, long out of touch, irrelevant to anything and to be ignored. I usually say nothing but compensate by knowing that "your turn is coming" (if you're lucky.)

I look at us as world class genius'. We don't have to be misogynistic toward women, we have a large enough vocabulary to not speak in a vulgar manner and we go to the bathroom without giving detailed descriptions.:flush:

Happy Saturday D. Porch. Coffee. Watching Turkeys destroying bugs. Gotta mow 4 yards today and all the trimming etc that goes with it. Will be an all day deal.

Wedding tonight.

Mom fell last night but shes ok. Shes 85 and weak and dizzy all the time. Doctor has her on BP meds. They seem to be wrecking havoc on her.

Summer vacation over. Had school stuff last week. Enrolled in college yet again. Hopefully this will be my last degree.

Bert wife absolutely loves working at Clarks. She says best work atmosphere she's ever been in. Good people.

Bert, just saw that Bowling Green has set a new record for rain in July with 11". they are 7.5" above normal.

It is not official at all buy I have received a little over 12" this month and I have not looked for yesterday’s total yet. Usually July in this part of the world is dry except an occasional thunderstorm, but this year July has been wetter than April.

Happy Saturday D. Porch. Coffee. Watching Turkeys destroying bugs. Gotta mow 4 yards today and all the trimming etc that goes with it. Will be an all day deal.

Wedding tonight.

Mom fell last night but shes ok. Shes 85 and weak and dizzy all the time. Doctor has her on BP meds. They seem to be wrecking havoc on her.

Summer vacation over. Had school stuff last week. Enrolled in college yet again. Hopefully this will be my last degree.

Bert wife absolutely loves working at Clarks. She says best work atmosphere she's ever been in. Good people.

Glad she is fitting in.

Since my open heart surgery I am on three meds for my ticker. One is some kind of BP med that states not to drive until you get used to it. I have started getting up slower and it has worked. I wish your mom the best.

Glad she is fitting in.

Since my open heart surgery I am on three meds for my ticker. One is some kind of BP med that states not to drive until you get used to it. I have started getting up slower and it has worked. I wish your mom the best.
Thanks. Doctor told her when she gets up to stand still for a minute. She doesn't. She tries to go immediately.

Wow, what a day. Cheesecake Day must be one of the top days.

What's your favorite kind of cheesecake? Mine would depend on the mood, or season. My two favorites would be a turtle cheesecake, and a plain one topped with real good strawberries. I cannot remember the last time I had cheesecake. I guess today would be the day to eat a piece.

I jkst finished a big walk with Dolly and had a vision when we were walking through one of the parks. This nice park sits next to 2 other nice parks, all offering different sights and things to enjoy, but they're all heavily fenced and separated. One is part of this old folks community, has a gorgeous shade garden, nice paved trails, and is surrounded by barbed wire fence. I kind of chuckled as I walked on my side of the park with playgrounds, nice trails, little soccer fields, and nice stream next to covered picnic tables - looking at the old folks side, thats's The D! And I'm waking on the NOB, separated by barbed wire and 7ft fence.

Can't we just put a gate in that fence? I want to sit on that old bench and look at that nice big hosta garden for a second, yaknow? Can't we all just get along? It's relevant to life, imo. It was a good visual.

Wow, what a day. Cheesecake Day must be one of the top days.

What's your favorite kind of cheesecake? Mine would depend on the mood, or season. My two favorites would be a turtle cheesecake, and a plain one topped with real good strawberries. I cannot remember the last time I had cheesecake. I guess today would be the day to eat a piece.

I jkst finished a big walk with Dolly and had a vision when we were walking through one of the parks. This nice park sits next to 2 other nice parks, all offering different sights and things to enjoy, but they're all heavily fenced and separated. One is part of this old folks community, has a gorgeous shade garden, nice paved trails, and is surrounded by barbed wire fence. I kind of chuckled as I walked on my side of the park with playgrounds, nice trails, little soccer fields, and nice stream next to covered picnic tables - looking at the old folks side, thats's The D! And I'm waking on the NOB, separated by barbed wire and 7ft fence.

Can't we just put a gate in that fence? I want to sit on that old bench and look at that nice big hosta garden for a second, yaknow? Can't we all just get along? It's relevant to life, imo. It was a good visual.

Wise words grasshopper. Give Dolly a rub, pat and maybe a spare doughnut.

Carry on.

Good morning all, I hope everyone is doing well. Haven't been on much at all for a few months, been incredibly busy at work. Finally got an assistant after begging for one over 2 years, and been training him, plus we're ramping up for a major new contract.
My son and I had planned on fishing today, for the first time in almost 2 months, but everything is flooded, and of course muddy.
Counting down the days to college football season, and of course, college basketball!!

Have a great day all.
Regards, WW.

• Good Morning, DLers.
  • Woke
  • up to the drone of a pressure washer. Gazebo looks nice like it was painted. In and out in about an hour.
  • Gear is hooked back up.
  • Shipton of emails to look at.
  • Pretty day. 81º. VFR. Need rain.
  • Tired of politics.
  • Tired of all of the violence.
  • Called the office. They were too busy to talk to me. Good sign.
  • Blood Sugar = 83. Weight = 230.
  • Gather figs tomorrow.
  • 2d mug of Dark Magic.
  • Fish fed. Happy.
  • Over.
  • Birds raiding fig trees. Damn.

Good morning all, I hope everyone is doing well. Haven't been on much at all for a few months, been incredibly busy at work. Finally got an assistant after begging for one over 2 years, and been training him, plus we're ramping up for a major new contract.
My son and I had planned on fishing today, for the first time in almost 2 months, but everything is flooded, and of course muddy.
Counting down the days to college football season, and of course, college basketball!!

Have a great day all.
Regards, WW.
My old fishing buddy and I used to fish every Sunday and drink Miller Lites. We had a nice spot. Got around with a trolling motor. This one Sunday we had had rain on Saturday. The little lake was very stained. We should not have put in. We were fishing the creek bed that ran through there. Fishing a little shiny spinner. Caught a world record Crappie (I thought.) She weighed 3 pounds. Looked it up. The record in Georgia is over 5 pounds. I ate that girl. Really I should have released her. Wish I had.

Last edited:
1small.jpg

These little contraptions are called motor cars. I never did ride in one of them. The maintenance crews used them to get around to inspect and repair the railroad tracks, spray weed killer and so forth. The railroads also had regular automobiles that had railroad wheels that lowered for use on the tracks. Dad would drive those home sometimes.

Good morning D
coffee in hand - enjoying the cooler temps
Even more than that - loving having the granddaughter here for good morning hugs
Busy-ish day ahead. Lily will be here until at least 1pm; gotta get to the store, do a little laundry, dishes, etc. Everyone home to help, though - so that's good. Going out tonight - girls night with some friends. One of our group is celebrating a combination of retirement from DOC and her divorce from a real jerk. This divorce took so long because he had the nerve to try to get spousal support from her (she has had custody of the kids) and he has a job. He was one of those who was emotionally abusive their whole marriage; she stuck it out for 20 years. Now, he's playing the victim - lot more to it than that, of course, but that's the gist.

Good morning D
coffee in hand - enjoying the cooler temps
Even more than that - loving having the granddaughter here for good morning hugs
Busy-ish day ahead. Lily will be here until at least 1pm; gotta get to the store, do a little laundry, dishes, etc. Everyone home to help, though - so that's good. Going out tonight - girls night with some friends. One of our group is celebrating a combination of retirement from DOC and her divorce from a real jerk. This divorce took so long because he had the nerve to try to get spousal support from her (she has had custody of the kids) and he has a job. He was one of those who was emotionally abusive their whole marriage; she stuck it out for 20 years. Now, he's playing the victim - lot more to it than that, of course, but that's the gist.
He'll probably be sorry, but ......... different strokes.

_01956-Ford-Fairlane-Crown-Victoria-fvl-lg.jpg

We used to drag race on Sundays at Sturgis, Kentucky. We'd roll in early Sunday morning and change the plugs, drink some more beer and all that. I was running a '61 Chevy convertible, 283 4 bbl duals. G-Stock. Not all that fast, but I made the finals on Sunday, and one of these beat me for the championship. Mine was stock. His couldn't have been. I didn't have the $100 for a teardown.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT