ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

69584005.jpg

@wildcatdonf : Looking at visiting you on the way in. November 18th. Flight scheduled to arrive at Hartsfield around 9:30 PM EST. Looking at around 10:30 PM on 11/18.

@Bert Higginbotha : Driving through on December 2nd in the late morning. Would love to meet up again if possible.
That biker bar that was hard to find that was closed.

Wife wants to go. I'm surprised. Probably so she can tell me I'm doing something wrong.

Finally got her to go to the piddlers mall with me last week. Wanted her to look at an old gas stove that I've seen there for the last year. I wanted to get it and convert it to propane and set it up out back with my eggs. It's a Detroit Jewel and it was in perfect condition for $325. Someone had bought it. Snooze you looze.

Science Break:

The monster at the center of the Milky Way. Sagittarius A star is the supermassive black hole at the center of our galaxy and packs about four million times the mass of the sun into a volume roughly the size of our solar system. TheSpitzer Space Telescope recently began exploring this exotic object in the infrared and observed flares emitted by this monster.
Astronomers-See-the-Milky-Ways-Giant-Black-Hole-with-New-Eyes.jpg

When Sagittarius A* flares, it produces an increase in light in the infrared range. If the flare is bright enough, then Spitzer sees that as light poured on top of what’s coming at the telescope already. Spitzer took a 23 hour exposure of Sag.A.

Starting in the mid-1990s, the 10-meter Keck Telescope in Hawaii tracked the orbits of stars (in infrared) whipping about an unseen, colossal mass emitting radio waves and X-rays at the center of our galaxy. They are orbiting around Sag A* at 6,600 miles per second or 23,760,000 mph.

Located 26,000 light years away, Sagittarius A* is completely obscured by dust. Radio telescopes on Earth were the first to hone in on Sagittarius A* because radio waves freely pass through this dust

Science Break:

The monster at the center of the Milky Way. Sagittarius A star is the supermassive black hole at the center of our galaxy and packs about four million times the mass of the sun into a volume roughly the size of our solar system. TheSpitzer Space Telescope recently began exploring this exotic object in the infrared and observed flares emitted by this monster.
Astronomers-See-the-Milky-Ways-Giant-Black-Hole-with-New-Eyes.jpg

When Sagittarius A* flares, it produces an increase in light in the infrared range. If the flare is bright enough, then Spitzer sees that as light poured on top of what’s coming at the telescope already. Spitzer took a 23 hour exposure of Sag.A.

Starting in the mid-1990s, the 10-meter Keck Telescope in Hawaii tracked the orbits of stars (in infrared) whipping about an unseen, colossal mass emitting radio waves and X-rays at the center of our galaxy. They are orbiting around Sag A* at 6,600 miles per second or 23,760,000 mph.

Located 26,000 light years away, Sagittarius A* is completely obscured by dust. Radio telescopes on Earth were the first to hone in on Sagittarius A* because radio waves freely pass through this dust
Does this mean we're doomed and I ain't gonna collect a dime of Social Security?

Got late quick, today
Enjoyed some time with the youngest
Waiting for the older boy and his g/f to get back -they drove to Lex to see her parents and other family.
Deliberately did not watch either convention - I know how I'm voting, but didn't need to see all the bs spin
So ready for basketball
How is everyone?

Wife wants to go. I'm surprised. Probably so she can tell me I'm doing something wrong.

Finally got her to go to the piddlers mall with me last week. Wanted her to look at an old gas stove that I've seen there for the last year. I wanted to get it and convert it to propane and set it up out back with my eggs. It's a Detroit Jewel and it was in perfect condition for $325. Someone had bought it. Snooze you looze.
Think about those little stoves that you find in campers.

Download didn't work, but there's a way around it. Will do it Friday. My sis is frazzing out about her doctor's appointment tomorrow. Called me..."I need some music I haven't heard before". Me: "You need some chillax tunes. Log on to my YT account and I'll hook you up."

Figure I'd hook up the D while I'm at it. 1st: Barry White & Kirk Whalum. "Sax in the Garden"

2nd: Bobby Caldwell. "My Flame"

3rd: Steely Dan. "The Caves of Altamira"

If y'all noticed, all of these can be called 'smooth jazz'. That's my go-to genre when I need to chill out. If she needs some more, I'll put them on here too!

Download didn't work, but there's a way around it. Will do it Friday. My sis is frazzing out about her doctor's appointment tomorrow. Called me..."I need some music I haven't heard before". Me: "You need some chillax tunes. Log on to my YT account and I'll hook you up."

Figure I'd hook up the D while I'm at it. 1st: Barry White & Kirk Whalum. "Sax in the Garden"

2nd: Bobby Caldwell. "My Flame"

3rd: Steely Dan. "The Caves of Altamira"

If y'all noticed, all of these can be called 'smooth jazz'. That's my go-to genre when I need to chill out. If she needs some more, I'll put them on here too!
Thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT