ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Don, there are tons of that music on Youtube. I subscribe to Spotify where just about any album by anybody from anytime is on there. You can listen to it for free. Or you can subscribe for 9.99 mo for commercial free and cd quality music, which I do.
That's what this Sirius costs. I do that free stuff also.

• Good Morning, D-Leaguers.
  • 81º in Johns Creek. Not many clouds. VFR.
  • Blood Sugar = 77. Weight = 227.
  • I need a weekend in the country where I can hear cows moo.
  • Funerals in Dallas today. Saying goodbye to husbands, sons, fathers, brothers, brother-ln-laws ......... Sad. Terrible.
  • Hoover is just outside of Birmingham.
  • Stoops up today.
  • Have a good one.
  • Over.

th

mornin D
only 77 out there, but very muggy, ugh
watching Hawks news conference; they just introduced Dwight Howard
been watching some summer league - Booker didn't play last night, but Ulis did just fine without him even though the Suns lost. I know it's only summer league, but I am thinking a lot of GMs are going to ask themselves why the hell they passed on him. Gotta love a kid who ALWAYS plays like he has something to prove.
Lots of vandalism going on as a result of the recent events. It's going to get worse before it gets better

photo.php

I went coon hunting with my dad one time, and when we came out of the woods we found one of these that had failed to make a sharp curve and was in a ditch. The accident had bent a fender into his wheel and it couldn't go. Dad and the other guys rounded up a 2x4 or something and bent it back out so it would go. The driver sure was happy.

I hired a young college student one time. He was a Black kid from Knoxville, the son of the owner of a State Farm Insurance agency. Upper class family. He could have gone to any university. He wanted to go to Clark for the "black experience." He moved into a nice apartment near the campus. He had not been there very long when thieves broke in and stole everything he had, even his underwear.

112629_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Hank Jr. Always drove around Paris landing and Murray in one of these. I worked at Dwayne Taylor Chevrolet as a lot attendant in college and they said to detail it. At first I didn't believe it was his. He had and emblem and old sticker in the corner that said Randall Williams on it. That was the first time I met him when we had to drop it back off later that day after being serviced and detailed.

Yup. Pretty rare Chieftain 2HT. The top-of-the-line Starchief's trunk was too long I always thought. I used to have a '55 Starchief convertible. That's where my username comes from. It started out as starchief55 but somehow I lost it and couldn't get it back. Had to settle for starchief5

Here's an example of that too-long (IMO) trunk. Too long and too "busy"

pontiac_1956_star_chief_01.jpg

Last edited:
112629_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Hank Jr. Always drove around Paris landing and Murray in one of these. I worked at Dwayne Taylor Chevrolet as a lot attendant in college and they said to detail it. At first I didn't believe it was his. He had and emblem and old sticker in the corner that said Randall Williams on it. That was the first time I met him when we had to drop it back off later that day after being serviced and detailed.
I hit up Hank's Place in '81. Is it still there?

My bad. Should have known you were cooler than that - being a D-League poster and all that.

Talking about being cool, here's my first car. 53 Buick 4 door post (sans the rust). Bought it for $80. That's all I could afford. It had a straight pipe (no muffler) and a hole in the floor as big as a basketball. My wife was a 16 year old (almost 17) car hop at A&W. in Fort Wayne, IN. She was and is a true beauty and I was a straight out of the mountains hillbilly. Most "yankee" girls would not give a hillbilly the time of day. Four guys in the car, two of them definitely better looking than I was - all flirting with her and asking her out (that was no great honor for a car hop - we flirted with all of them). And she chose ME! i COULDN'T BELIEVE IT! Me, a hillbilly. I was nowhere in her league in the looks department. That old car must have embarrassed her but she never showed it That was June, 1962. She's in the next room now (probably wondering when I'm going to trade that Buick in for a newer car [laughing]).

3aec62838da23a43857e12c7ccd4d61d.jpg

Last edited:
I hit up Hank's Place in '81. Is it still there?
Hank lives in Paris landing across from fat daddy's marina and bar. His old place I'm pretty sure kid rock bought as a vacation home. Hanks place is up on the ridge across from fat daddy's. Easy to get to by boat but kinda tricky in a car. What takes 5 minutes by boat might actually take 30 by car because you have to drive around the other side of KY lake

Hank lives in Paris landing across from fat daddy's marina and bar. His old place I'm pretty sure kid rock bought as a vacation home. Hanks place is up on the ridge across from fat daddy's. Easy to get to by boat but kinda tricky in a car. What takes 5 minutes by boat might actually take 30 by car because you have to drive around the other side of KY lake
His net worth is $45.000,000.00.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT