ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

i'm sorry for your wife UKGrad93. My dad got laid off a number of years ago from a company that he worked without warning. they asked him back a little later when they realized they needed him. it sent him into a depression, and honestly fundamentally changed my view on good corporate practice. people should always be treated with dignity. without going into detail in my case, I started my company with the mindset of transparency and ethicial behavior on part of all of us (myself included). those are principles I could not or cannot waver on.
Thanks for writing that.

Just took the 35 pounds of pork off smoker. I never " sauce my meats"! I always have three or four blends to satisfy your pallet. So the thing is... Slap on some pork then squirt ( no pitino pun) your sauce and off ya go. Plenty of various sides. Nobody will leave hungry at my feast. Thats word
IMO, smoked meat should always be served without sauce on it. God party sounds like one my brother had several years ago. We smoked several Boston butts, chickens, & something else. Band and beer. It was a great time.

BTW - what can I make on a Kamado grill using a direct heat method? I don't have a heat deflector yet to do smoking. (It's on it's way ).

I'm safely back home and on the gazebo. I just left my GMC and hitched a helicopter ride from my police friends. 10 minutes. We have not had any incidents that I have heard about. It is a time to be nervous. I hope and pray that America does not have race riots. It could happen.

The pack mentality is out there. The guy that took the loaded AR-15 should scare the living chit out of everyone. "Why did you bring that rifle to the BLM protest?" "Just exercising my 2nd amendment rights." At a peaceful demonstration? WTH?

Thank you for the Godspeed wishes.

If HRC said that she used to be black and that is how she knows what black people are going through, would you believe her? She does not know. She has never been black. She is FOS. Trying to get more black votes.
I don't know how she could get any more votes
The black vote is more predictable than any other bloc
And for a party that has done nothing but pass programs to make them more government dependent

Morning leagures!

First off cincinnati bell fioptics tv blows, without question. Speaking of, so does the Reds.
Beautiful day in the tristate
Went four miles yeaterday, I'm down around 50 pounds now and still gunning for about 38 more.
Hopefully these shootings will stop

That's all for now

Science Break:

If your sitting on the porch this evening enjoying a cup o joe, a bourbon or maybe both and have a clear evening take a moment. Jupiter will shine brightly with the crescent moon.
jupiter-and-moon-crop.jpg

Look to the west-southwest sky around mid-twilight,about an hour after sunset, and you will see the moon and Jupiter. The planet will look like a bright silvery star about 4 degrees to the upper left of the moon. Your clenched fist held out at arms length will approximate 10 degrees.

Both will appear to descend in the western sky, finally disappearing beyond the western horizon.The moon first, about 11:15 p.m. local daylight time, followed by Jupiter about 15 minutes later.

My first telescope with a barlow lens could get to 500 power. I got to see Jupiter and four of it's moons. My telescope turned me on for a month of two until I saw everything it could show me. At 500 power the mountains on the moon and the mars are quite distinct. On some the shadows are impressive.

I love your science breaks.

Got up at 330 this morning and drove 3 plus hours to see my youngest daughter at Murray State. Today is the only Visiting day for Governors Scholar Program. In Paducah now at IHOP. Then some shopping for her. Then lunch back at Murray or somewhere close.
If you are ever down there during the week go to Sammons bakery by movie theatre before 1pm. They make great donuts , bread , rolls ect .... But around lunch they fire up the flat top and cook burgers on fresh bread. It is so good! Hidden gem only local Murray people know about I was there for a year before I found out great breakfast too!
cce1f816f090c7f20c4907f6a1b3e149.png

Last edited:
Memphis/Shelby county residents warned by police and activist that gangs are using current events to fuel their initiation random shootings. Said they are targeting gas stations and public venues. I felt like the Purge last night locking up the house and making sure all my exterior motion lights were working.
Local cops detained an unwilling 17 year old last night at gas station down the street off the expressway. Next thing you know it was all over local social media and added fuel to the fire. We live 30-40 minutes away from Memphis but this is starting to make everyone on edge. I felt bad but told teenage daughter she couldn't go to movies last night. Am I being over sensitive?

Memphis/Shelby county residents warned by police and activist that gangs are using current events to fuel their initiation random shootings. Said they are targeting gas stations and public venues. I felt like the Purge last night locking up the house and making sure all my exterior motion lights were working.
Local cops detained an unwilling 17 year old last night at gas station down the street off the expressway. Next thing you know it was all over local social media and added fuel to the fire. We live 30-40 minutes away from Memphis but this is starting to make everyone on edge. I felt bad but told teenage daughter she couldn't go to movies last night. Am I being over sensitive?

No, not at all. FCC.

Wise decision.

I live waaaay out in the boonies so I don't have to worry about stuff like this (I don't think). If I lived in a big city though, I would definitely have a 12 gauge pump at home at the ready and CC sidearm when I was out and about. No full-blown race war coming but there will be more incidents. Enough ordinary people are packing and too much anger on both sides for this not to happen. Hope not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT