ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Ringo Starr and his All Starr Band last night at the historic Ryman, One of my oldest daughter's favorite songs was With a Little Help From My Friends which we would sing on the way to school together. Just belt it out. Singing it with her by my side at the concert last night....with Ringo....was one of those special moments I'll never forget. Like the time we SCREAMED we won't get fooled again at a Who concert.

The older I get, the more I appreciate these moments. Making memories. My Father's Day has already been awesome.

A safe and happy Father's Day to you all.

Those dead deer pictures ......... I had just bought my GMC. Coming down the home stretch going home on Old Alabama Road knowing that a deer can be seen late at night. Being careful and sure enough that was one, and it took off right in front of me ......... I stopped no problem ......... but there was another one. Just tapped her and knocked her down. She got up and ran off. Worried about it all the rest of the way home, but no damage to the new car. Whew!!

Good morning
To the gentlemen of the D - and those who might just be reading, I just wanted to wish each of you a very happy Father's day.
Your kids are blessed to have you
happy-fathers-day.gif

Happy Father's Day

Happy Juneteenth

Happy National Martini Day. :sunglasses:

I saved a cat earlier this morning. While on my walk, I noted a small cat with its head stuck in a chain-link fence. Tried to squeeze it out. No luck. A passerby assisted. No luck. Called 311 Animal Control. They sent a truck out, which arrived 20 minutes later.

Saving lives.....

A few weeks ago a little kitten crawled up into my wife's car. It rode all the way to Louisville on top of the engine cover back toward to the firewall. When she got there and parked she heard it screaming. I had to go down there and retrieve it. It's a black and white but it was mostly black. Her car is a twin turbo and it gets incredibly hot in the engine bay. I don't know how that little booger survived. I told her that at least she didn't have to worry about that one getting in her car again.

Next day she leaves and comes back a few minutes later. Same kitten had got in the car and when she hit a bump she noticed it had fallen out and was skidding across the road. She went back and got it. We have since added that kitten to our herd that lives indoors. I told her it had earned a spot at the easy life from here on out. It's turning out to be the coolest of the three we've brought in. She's fearless. We call her Gypsy because she has the wanderlust.

A few weeks ago a little kitten crawled up into my wife's car. It rode all the way to Louisville on top of the engine cover back toward to the firewall. When she got there and parked she heard it screaming. I had to go down there and retrieve it. It's a black and white but it was mostly black. Her car is a twin turbo and it gets incredibly hot in the engine bay. I don't know how that little booger survived. I told her that at least she didn't have to worry about that one getting in her car again.

Next day she leaves and comes back a few minutes later. Same kitten had got in the car and when she hit a bump she noticed it had fallen out and was skidding across the road. She went back and got it. We have since added that kitten to our herd that lives indoors. I told her it had earned a spot at the easy life from here on out. It's turning out to be the coolest of the three we've brought in. She's fearless. We call her Gypsy because she has the wanderlust.
Bless y'all for having a kind heart. Gotta go now.

• Back to the old sod house. Glad to be back. We had a good time today.
  • Everyone was there.
  • Great food. Spaghetti. Baked chicken spaghetti with cheese (this was real good). Garden salad. Italian bread. (haven't had much bread lately) Banana pudding (two bowls)
  • Then everyone starts leaving. Brings a tear to my eyes every. dang. time.
  • Our son left first.
  • Then #3 headed for Ft. Campbell. Be careful driving.
  • Then #1 & #4.
  • Then QB and I. I am sad though.
  • #1 just found out that his GF has accepted a job offer in Orlando. He just started a new job. He'll be moving. I would.
  • #2 just moved into a new apartment yesterday. Smart boy.
  • That is all.
  • And how was your day?

Good morning
To the gentlemen of the D - and those who might just be reading, I just wanted to wish each of you a very happy Father's day.
Your kids are blessed to have you
happy-fathers-day.gif

BKO - the sweetheart of the D-League.

I suspect you have an old soul. Most guys 50 or older are considered senile, out-of-touch, unbearable dinosaurs on the Paddock. ATC and GhostVol are in the transition stage and thus able to travel back and forth. Others are creeping up toward the abyss.

Last edited:
Dryer finally quit today. Started to open it up but the only thing making noise when you hit the button was the exhaust fan. It has been making noise since we moved in here. I'll pick one up tomorrow. So far we've bought a new refrigerator, stove, and washing machine. Still have the dish washer and the water heater to go.

Dryer finally quit today. Started to open it up but the only thing making noise when you hit the button was the exhaust fan. It has been making noise since we moved in here. I'll pick one up tomorrow. So far we've bought a new refrigerator, stove, and washing machine. Still have the dish washer and the water heater to go.
Bearings worn out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT