ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

2 Filets and 2 Rib Eyes going on TBGE, yumm. ymmot.
Sounds good Don. Our menu changed for the night and now consists of hog law on leftovers in the fridgetater. I'm drinking a homemade Old Fashioned with Blanton's single barrel. Damn good drink. Made my wife a batch of liquid marijuana which, in my opinion, is a waste of good pineapple juice.

Already had ribs in the cart for tomorrow and told my wife about the swineapple. She said "ooh, that sounds good", so I guess I'll have my first one here before long.

Watching the Coca Cola 600. I could have been a driver of a NASCAR stock car. Everyone that just read those words is a candidate as well. Name me another pro "sport" where the main qualification for "talent" is being related to, or knowing someone, who can give you a chance. How many grandfather, son, grandson timelines do you see in football, baseball, or golf? Airydam one of us can drive a car. Drive one fast a few times and get used to it. That's the "talent".

Still like it, but I am not impressed. Same thing with drag racing. Most of us, including me, would probably suck at rally racing.

The filets were good, but the ribeyes lacked a little, but parts of them were wood. The garlic rice, baked potato and broccoli was good. Ice cream cones were good. Gave a driving lesson to #5. Bless his heart. #5 had never seen a hose nozzle before. Bless his heart. We learned how to clean the birdfeeders with the water pressure from a hose nozzle. QB is thinking I am a slave driver. I am a failure except for ******** $100 bills. Not happy.

My grandfather let me drive his tractor when I was almost 9 years old. He rode on the fender and told me what to do. After a couple of passes the length of the field, he got off and let me do it alone. When we got back to the house later he told my parents that I had plowed a corn field by myself and my mother was pissed. My father, on the other hand, was very happy and decided that I could sit on his lap and "drive" the car on the lane from their farm to the main road.

That's how it got started. By the time I was ten and could reach the pedals, he would let me sit by myself in the drivers seat and drive the car back their lane to the house. Probably about 2 miles but it was the highlight of my life at that time. When I was 12 he let me drive all the way to our house in Louisville. About 40 miles. Mom didn't like it but dad said he was driving when he was 12. That was in 1943 though so I guess things were different.

By the time I was 14 I was driving me and my father everywhere we went. Mom would only let me drive to church. Couldn't drive home until the other people had seen her leave behind the wheel. She'd stop just outside town and let me take over.

Keep this in the thread if you guys don't mind.

The filets were good, but the ribeyes lacked a little, but parts of them were wood. The garlic rice, baked potato and broccoli was good. Ice cream cones were good. Gave a driving lesson to #5. Bless his heart. #5 had never seen a hose nozzle before. Bless his heart. We learned how to clean the birdfeeders with the water pressure from a hose nozzle. QB is thinking I am a slave driver. I am a failure except for ******** $100 bills. Not happy.
Doesn't matter what you do Don, you can't make a piece of meat good if it wasn't good to start off with. You can screw a good piece of meat up, but you can't make it better than it is. Last ribeyes I did were like that as well, wife loved it, I wasn't happy. I was full, but not satisfied.

A pleasant dinner does entail more than good food, sometimes the food isn't up to par but the company makes up for it. Not to take away from the holiday but at a certain age, isn't every day memorable? Is that even a word?

Missed a bunch of pages on here lately but things seem to be in order. Visited a bunch of grave sites this weekend and found everyone just where they were the last time I visited. I wore a badge a few times nd can't remember the number on either of them, is that a good or bad thing?

Naw Fred not cheated.

Beverly, no alarms here either.

Don, a qualude, methaqualone was sedative made in the 70s that was very popular, and of course it was abused so the FDA in their wisdom took it off the market. Wish it would come back it was very therapeutic. Several companies, at least 3 made them. One company called theirs Sopar. But the one most noteable was made by a company called Rorer. And they printed a number on the pill. A standard practice. That number was 714. I had my pharmacy extern license and dispensed many in Birmingham, Ala. FCC.

Last edited:
Naw Fred not cheated.

Don, a qualude was sedative made in the 70s that was very popular, and of course it was abused so the FDA in their wisdom took it off the market. Wish it would come back it was very therapeutic. Several companies, at least 3 made them. One company called theirs Sopar. But the one most noteable was made by a company called Rorer. And they printed a number on the pill. A standard practice. That number was 714. I had my pharmacy extern license and dispensed many in Birmingham, Ala. FCC.
Don was 26 in 1970. Had to see a Quaalude or two.

Pretty good run down FCC

Last edited:
watching movies with hubby and kids - happy knowing NO ALARMS HAVE TO BE SET for tomorrow
will probably still wake up around 7 though, lol
hope everyone has had a good evening...?
Ha ha, I awoke an hour before my doggone alarm would have rang. Of course, I went to bed at 8:00 PM. Drank one beer last night.

Naw Fred not cheated.

Don, a qualude, methaqualone was sedative made in the 70s that was very popular, and of course it was abused so the FDA in their wisdom took it off the market. Wish it would come back it was very therapeutic. Several companies, at least 3 made them. One company called theirs Sopar. But the one most noteable was made by a company called Rorer. And they printed a number on the pill. A standard practice. That number was 714. I had my pharmacy extern license and dispensed many in Birmingham, Ala. FCC.
Very interesting, FCC. I sometimes wondered what happened to 'ludes. You worked as a pharmacy assistant?

One of my old bounty hunter friends passed away Saturday night. His widow called to tell me the news which I already had. They have no money to bury him. Looking for money. What does it cost to bury him? I have never had this situation before. Does anyone know how much money is involved? This man did two different Murder stretches in Reidsville. He was a big 'ol dude, but gentle as a lamb. He could find just about anyone due to his connections. I let him set up a couple of car washing businesses behind a couple of my offices. He would do just about anything that I asked him to do.

Both of his Murder charges were revenge against guys that had done things to his sisters. He did a lot of time. He was a heavyweight boxer in prison.

Notes from some guy in India for your contemplation.

Sandip Chowdhry Sandy
May 28 at 8:57pm ·

One Line Humors...

Regular naps prevent old age, especially if you take them while driving.

Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.

Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right and the other is the husband!

I believe we should all pay our tax with a smile. I tried - but they wanted cash.

A child's greatest period of growth is the month after you've purchased new school uniforms.

Don't feel bad. A lot of people have no talent.

Don't marry the person you want to live with, marry the one you cannot live without, but whatever you do, you'll regret it later.

You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote.

Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.

Marriage is give and take. You'd better give it to her or she'll take it anyway.

My wife and I always compromise. I admit I'm wrong and she agrees with me.

A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.

It doesn't matter how often a married man changes his job, he still ends up with the same boss.

Real friends are the ones who survive transitions between address books.

Saving is the best thing. Especially when your parents have done it for you.

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something.

They call our language the mother tongue because the father seldom gets to speak!

Man: Is there any way for long life?
Dr: Get married.
Man: Will it help?
Dr: No, but then the thought of long life will never come!

Why do couples hold hands during their wedding? It's a formality just like two boxers shaking hands before the fight begins!

Wife: Darling today is our anniversary, what should we do?
Husband: Let us stand in silence for 2 minutes.

It's funny when people discuss Love Marriage vs Arranged. It's like asking someone if suicide is better than being murdered.

There is only one perfect child in the world and every mother has it.

There is only one perfect wife in the world and every neighbor has it!
Cheers !!!

Good morning Leaguers
Woke up early - at 7 - as I thought I would, but am happy to say I went back to bed and got back up at 9
sitting here with some coffee, reading through the boards - nice and quiet so far this morning, well, mostly

Don -so sorry to hear about your friend. CF is right about funeral costs; although in the Atlanta area, the average is closer to $7500. It all depends on what you want to do - the biggest costs, of course, are the casket and the burial site. It does depend on what the widow wants.

Lots of stuff going on today - as usual. But will be checking in every so often.

I never say Happy Memorial day - although many others do. To me it's not a happy occasion, but a solemn one, a day of remembrance. Yes there can be happy moments - because even through grief and remembering one can laugh. Perhaps if more people truly understood what this day is for our world would be a better place.

They stood up for America
And for their families left behind
Our soldiers sent to unknown lands
Secure that God was on their side

Esprit de corps was palpable
In every battle they engaged
Where many saw their brothers fall
From bombs on high and cannonade

That sacrifice was part of life
But those who lived would ne'er forget
Those pals interred in foreign soils
Or body parts themselves had left

And every Monday late in May
We think of those who toed the line
Who died too young, but made their mark
On those who still recall with pride

Our noble heroes lost in war
While we live in our comfort zone
We have a duty to defend
The hallowed shores that they called home

All those who think "hallowed" untrue
Remain entitled to their belief
Because of those with different views
Who died that we might freely speak
Copyright © ben burton | Year Posted 2015

photo-toronto-train-canadian-national-steam-engine-1591-taking-water-1932.jpg

That is bad news. Damn.

Personally I think cremation is the way to go. Funerals are an awful waste of a lot of money for people who often cannot afford it. I can afford a funeral but I have asked to be cremated (I have specifically requested that they hold off until I die however). People are not going to be hanging out at my grave weeping anyhow. They just aren't. A funeral home employee friend told me that more than half of those brought in to his place get cremated.

Last edited:
Very interesting, FCC. I sometimes wondered what happened to 'ludes. You worked as a pharmacy assistant?

No, I was going to Pharmacy School at Samford and had my extern licensees. I only liked a year and a half to finish but my 7 year old called from home in Paducah and told me some things going on around her that wasn't good. Me and her mother had divorced. So, I told her I would see her in 6 hours. Moved back got custody of her about a year or so later and was a single parent through her college. Had enough chemistry hours that I got a Chemistry degree in a semester and a summer at Murray State. We became very close. Some of the best times of my life. She is now 45 and has five grown boys, yes, five grandsons. All but one is older than my children at home now. FCC.

No, I was going to Pharmacy School at Samford and had my extern licensees. I only liked a year and a half to finish but my 7 year old called from home in Paducah and told me some things going on around her that wasn't good. Me and her mother had divorced. So, I told her I would see her in 6 hours. Moved back got custody of her about a year or so later and was a single parent through her college. Had enough chemistry hours that I got a Chemistry degree in a semester and a summer at Murray State. We became very close. Some of the best times of my life. She is now 45 and has five grown boys, yes, five grandsons. All but one is older than my children at home now. FCC.
That's impressive, FCC. Good hearing about you earning a bachelors degree. One of my relatives also attended Samford and got his Pharm D there.

seriously mad respect sir. wish more single dads has this approach to kids.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT