ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I'm getting anxious - ready for basketball
no new news in the hoops world
Excited about next year's team, though - think we're going to be better than some believe

older boy spending the afternoon with his little brother; they're going to walk up to main street together and check out some shops. There is an arts and crafts store and a toy store called The Treasured Child. This store has NOTHING electronic - and most of it's old fashioned type toys. He is going to get him something there, then take him to the little ice cream shop. Makes me proud that he wants to do this for his little brother.

As for me - my house is a mess, need to do laundry, go to the grocery; all sorts of fun stuff to do. But, ya know, it's good I can do these things.

80s and the music were a total blast. Best times of my life so far.
those were my teenage years - graduated HS in 87. I'm sure every generation does this - but I do believe that was the best era; right before cell phones and internet. We had to use a payphone to call home; we actually went outdoors to hang out; even at 16 I could say I was playing with friends without it being something "dirty." I Remember sitting on the floor in the kitchen underneath the corded telephone to talk to friends. LOVED the music - especially the hair bands. MTV still played music. Minimum wage pay seemed to go a lot farther than it does now. My first job was something like 3.05/hour, but it was plenty to buy stuff we wanted. I really miss those days :::sigh:::

those were my teenage years - graduated HS in 87. I'm sure every generation does this - but I do believe that was the best era; right before cell phones and internet. We had to use a payphone to call home; we actually went outdoors to hang out; even at 16 I could say I was playing with friends without it being something "dirty." I Remember sitting on the floor in the kitchen underneath the corded telephone to talk to friends. LOVED the music - especially the hair bands. MTV still played music. Minimum wage pay seemed to go a lot farther than it does now. My first job was something like 3.05/hour, but it was plenty to buy stuff we wanted. I really miss those days :::sigh:::

Was a single parent during the 80s. She graduated in 89. Great times. She was a cheerleader all 4 HS years. Sowed many an outfit. I knew the words to Vogue which made me a cool Dad. FCC.

DSC1525EXMM.jpg
Isn't that water beautiful and clear........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT