ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Haha.

Hahahaha.

hahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahah

Look dude, your plan is stupid. Chainsaws? Sledgehammers? Axes? I will pay you money if you film this comedy routine and post it in the D-League.

This is not how you take down a wooden privacy fence, Jason.
I would hire the Latinos to dispose of it.

Reactions: UKGrad93
I saw 2 pits pick fights with dogs this past week. One bit a small dog at the park early in the year. It ain't a stigma. There are all types of dogs just like humans. Some aren't social. Pits are less sociable than a lab. Pits need strong owners, and not just pits - sheppards, chows, whatever dogs are bred to protect their pack.

Yeah, I know - I've heard it all before.

Reactions: wildcatdonf
well we don't currently have a privacy fence. It's a 30 year old rickety piece of shit that's about 4 feet high and I could kick really hard and break and was never treated so it's basically rotted. How's that?

You suggest I get a full head of steam and tackle it? Place my ass against it firmly and rip a few hard farts, see if it falls over? What?

You will only need a couple of 22oz Estwing framing hammers and a couple of flat pry bars and a good shovel. You won't need any power tools to take this fence down.

At each post you will have the 2x4 rails that connect to the fence post. Use the hammer and pry bar to remove only the fence pickets that cover where the 2x4s are nailed to the post. Then knock out or pry off the 2x4 rails from the posts, leaving all the pickets attached to the 2x4s. The idea is to take the fence down in full 8' sections.

Then you just stack the sections neatly for disposal, either have them picked up by a garbage/salvage company or stack them in your truck/trailer to haul them off to the dump.

For the fence posts, you definitely don't want to cut them off with a chain saw at ground level, leaving the remainder of the post/concrete in the ground.

Get the shovel and dig around the fence post. If it's an old 4' fence, you can probably just push the post back and forth and pull the post with the concrete out of the ground at the same time. Since the posts are only 4', they probably put little/no concrete on them at all. Back fill the post holes with dirt and tamp it down and you are done.

I actually thought about doing that. I hate it so much. It's so old it's almost an eye sore. Had been keeping the dogs in well until about last fall where we noticed them knocking the lats out of place because they like to jump up on it, push, and bark at the neighbor kids while they play in the back yard.

My plan is a solid plan. You get the "fence" removed, unleash the inner pyro, and enjoy some smores. What more could you possibly ask for?

dude doing our new fence specifically said to just saw the fence posts down as close to the ground as possible and they'd work around it rather than us having to dig em up.

Good news is that our county has a landfill that's free to dispose in if you live within county limits rather than paying a couple hundred bucks for multiple trips.

Other than the fact the guy gave you bad advice that you are considering taking, along with the fact that your free local Wilson County landfill will not accept your fence material - you seem to have a solid handle on this project, Jason.

Ahhh...nothing like some C4 for a firework show. He could even dress up in some type of military attire and call it a re-enactment of something.
Nothing beats a mil stick for demolition
1500 lbs of c-4 detonated at once will take care of that fence and the over-pressure will solve any mole, snake or rodent problem you may have

where did I say they wouldn't accept it? They will (at least I've been told by someone else that took an old fence there and assuming they haven't changed any policy). I live in Wilson County.

You didn't say they wouldn't accept it...Wilson County dot gov says they won't accept it. "No construction or remodeling waste allowed (drywall, lumber, brick, blocks, rocks, dirt or roofing shingles)"
I know you live in Wilson County, because...that's where Mt. Juliet is...in Wilson County.

http://www.wilsoncountytn.gov/departments/landfill-solid-wastes

there won't be any filling in with dirt. They're cemented into the ground, obviously. I'm not digging that shit up. Dude builds fences, nice ones at that, for a living. Said to saw em off at ground level and they'll work around it. I'm already spending nearly 7k for a fence, I'm not spending another 500 to have em tear it down and ship it off when I can do it myself with the help of two other people that would take a case of beer as payment.

Honestly, I don't know why you give a good goddam.
You need to calm down. He is trying to help you, not take over your life.

there won't be any filling in with dirt. They're cemented into the ground, obviously. I'm not digging that shit up. Dude builds fences, nice ones at that, for a living. Said to saw em off at ground level and they'll work around it. I'm already spending nearly 7k for a fence, I'm not spending another 500 to have em tear it down and ship it off when I can do it myself with the help of two other people that would take a case of beer as payment.

Honestly, I don't know why you give a good goddam.

:flushed: 7k...please dear GOD tell me you have a huge backyard, or you went with the vinyl?

This is exhausting.

If you pull the posts, doesn't that mean less post digging?

I bet Cujo has already called Wilson co and informed them of Jason's illegal plan.

I'm on hold with District 2 (Mt. Juliet) Commissioner Adam Bannach right now.

Adam-Bannach-District-2-Wilson-County-Commissioner.jpg

I'm saying those fence folks are gonna dig new holes and set the posts in cement. Seems like they could dig out the old posts and set the new posts where the old ones were, killing two birds with one stone, kinda. Somebody is digging holes. Might as well dig a hole that will extract the old and fit the new...

Now maybe there are structural reasons you cant do that. Idk. Probably leave you with more hole to fill/concrete.

Let me know when your fence is done so I can come piss on it. I am officially done worrying about your problems.

Anybody think Cal is upset that Lee is leaving? MJ seems to think Cal would be pissed that Lee did this without his blessing, and talked to Goodman. I'm pretty sure Cal dgas, and, if he had it his way, he probably wishes Lee left after his freshman year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT