ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Not winning the title last year was worse than this loss in my opinion. How did we not win with that much talent? Cal is a stubborn coach and that hurts him at times. Last year Wisconsin took advantage of us switching off on defense. They would get the mis match they wanted and then attack it. Cal refused to adapt. Skal had no business guarding Bryant in this game. He was to weak to do so and that was a mismatch that crean used on us. Factor that in with a bad shooting night and the team was destined for failure.

• Grown ass sick man, 72 years old with a lump in his throat. Here I sit.
  • We couldn't hit.
  • Tyler couldn't get 60.
  • Front line sucked. It was a problem all year.
  • And we got outplayed.
  • Mix in some terrible calls.
  • Nothing will make me feel better except for some time.
  • That's it. Over.
I attended the '05 Elite 8 against MiState here in Austin. We were 1 rebound away from changing history during that game. To paraphrase Coach Sepp Herberger, "the ball is round and the game lasts 40 minutes".

Speers…believe it or not Briscoe is probably gone. Somehow…despite shooting 12% from the field and 14% from the FT line this season…he is projected as a late 1st rounder in the upcoming draft. Boggles the mind.

Having said that…I love Briscoe. Dude gives 110%, plays great D, rebounds, and isn't afraid to take the ball to the rack…and he is crafty when he does. would absolutely love to have him back next year. His shooting woes are all in his head…as he shot it well in HS. I think an off-season would get his head right concerning his shot and he would be a legit offensive threat next season.

Not winning the title last year was worse than this loss in my opinion. How did we not win with that much talent? Cal is a stubborn coach and that hurts him at times. Last year Wisconsin took advantage of us switching off on defense. They would get the mis match they wanted and then attack it. Cal refused to adapt. Skal had no business guarding Bryant in this game. He was to weak to do so and that was a mismatch that crean used on us. Factor that in with a bad shooting night and the team was destined for failure.

This. That is the one that should not have gotten away.

Football season.

[laughing]

A couple of days ago i was looking at UK's schedule next football season. More than likely 4 wins (3 cupcakes & Vandy)…5 wins max (USCjr & Vandy - both at UK). 6 wins would be a Green Mile miracle (would have to beat the 3 cupcakes & USCjr & Vandy & UofL). With the very real possibility of only 3 wins.

Silver lining: the UK rifle team should dominate again next season!!!

Damnit, Speers! Somehow this is all your fault.

FYI…when you are as cold as a witches' tittay in a cast iron bra…STOP JACKING 3'S!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn, man. Yogi was the only guy on IU's team who could guard Ulis or Murray one on one. We should have nixed the on-the-ball screen crap and stopped looking for the arc...and just let those two (whoever Yogi wasn't guarding) drive the ball. IU's whole team would have fouled out of the game. Instead…we just settled for 3's. Went 0-8 from the arc during that horrible stretch in 2nd half. And something like 1-11 (Ulis finally hit one). And we just kept jacking up 3's.

And LMFAO at posting up Lee when we were down 5 or 6 with 2 minutes to go. WTF? I said as soon as they threw it to him, "He's going to turn it over". And sure enough…he fumble-fingered the ball right to IU.

Sad thing is that IU really isn't that good of a team. UNC will blow them out of the gym. And I hate Crean. Hate him. And this just fuels the fire for IU fans who say we are scared to schedule them. This just sucks.

Other than that…I am kind of indifferent. I knew this wasn't a great team. Hoped they could make a run…but expected them not to because they haven't strung together 3 good games in a row all season (except maybe the SEC Tourney)…so how were they going to pull off 6 in a row? Just hoped they would go on a run at the right time.

Oh well…Go Blue Raiders! And Go Butler Bulldogs!
I hate IU. More than UL. Grew up in the 70s and 80s before UL was a big rival so IU was it.
I hate IU as much as any poster here, perhaps more so. My German grandmother, who taught me the language, was born in Indiana. My paternal grandpa, a big-time Republican, who knew countless politicians and celebrities from his days on the railroad, is also from there. Heck, he met Mae West and Will Rogers. Never mind the small stuff, we lost. They won. I hate it. HATE IT, but will deal with it later.

We are better than this. The best is yet to come.

Am I the only one that thinks that the defense cal runs is what cost us against Wisconsin? I've not seen many people mention how they kept using the switches till they got the match up they wanted. I remember them running picks constantly till they got match ups that was in their favor. 90 percent of our fans would have let this season be a pass if we would have won it last season

Might've been already posted, but ....

We've been playing with fire these last two months. Out of this world play by a 5' 9" pg and a Canadian high schooler was what kept us positive.

Cal seemed uninterested in the times he was shown in camera. Tyler talking to him towards the end and Cal just had an "I dunno" look on his face.

Hope Jamal keeps going to classes. Sure Skal, Alex and Tyler will.

I like our team, next year. Derek should be able to play the role Kyle had in his freshman year. Surely Isaiah will stay. There's no way he plays on an NBA court next year. Marcus can go back to clean up guy. Aussie and Kiwi get a little older and stronger. Surely Mulder moves on. Matthews could be a good contributor, assuming he doesn't get Stacey Poole disease. Add our new guys, and we'll be all right. SEC ought to be garbage again.

Cal has taken us to 4 final fours. He made us relevant and exciting. Longest leash I can imagine.

Cal has taken us to 4 final fours. He made us relevant and exciting. Longest leash I can imagine.
Tubby and Gillisipie eras were personally nauseating. Between political correctness and blatant simplicity, enough was enough.

Coach Cal is the answer. We have witnessed a resurgence of sorts under his watch. Are adjustments required? Yes. He can adapt.

I'm gonna grab some Jack In the Box, go home and chill with the dogs, and get drunk. May get banned tonight. I don't know. My true feelings and need for comedic effect tend to shine when I'm 6 beers in.
Looking at you cross-eyed with 2 lovely hoes in the background. Can't take it, can ya?

Heh!

eh i was feeling pretty shitty. went and bought some clothes for a foster kid my friend took in, and grocery shopped with my dad. still feeling shitty, don't have the heart to turn on the tv or check scores. i hate the post-loss sadness
Dude, if I look at scores, I get physically ill. And I am big-time media, social and network.

I personally endured a 3-day mourning after our '05 loss. I felt worse for Chuck Hayes. My heart ached. My co-workers had to assist me with simple decisions back then. They came through.
Just an FYI, but soon after the '05 loss to MiState, I saw Chuck's mom out on the street near the Erwin Center. I felt horrible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT