ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I'm thinking about buying a good one. The ole GB is doing a number to my throat and lungs.

I would recommend Silver Surfer. It's a solid ass machine at a pretty fair price, imo. I think they retail around 300, but I chose a scratch n dent for $220.

I really want a good portable/handheld, though. If anyone has a real good one, I'd like to hear about it. When I got the surfer years ago, there wasn't really a handheld I liked for around 200. Most of seem like a hassle.

I just wasnt fan of the volcano for that price, and I didn't really like the bag. It tasted weird after awhile - I guess you're supposed to change them frequently to keep it fresh tasting. But most importantly, the silver surfer was like a bong compared to the volcano which felt more like a pipe. Surfer just kicked my ass. Knocked me right out one time. Been a huge fan ever since. It's just a very simple machine that packs more of a punch, imo.

Been burning for a year. Just convenience, but Willy is right - Your lungs clear up so much once you've bed vaping for a bit. I need to get back on it.

I feel you on the SS and I've seen good things about those too.

Price is a huge deal, no doubt. But I've heard the efficiency of the Volcano is where it really shines. Most vapes will continuously heat the plant so when you're taking a break or not using, it continues to produce vapor and leaks out if it's on.

The nice thing about the Volcano is that when you turn the fan off, the bud just sits and waits. The heat isn't being transferred up by the fan, so it saves it and causes less waste, if any waste at all.

That price is disgusting, no doubt......but I'm beginning to believe it's worth it.

On the other hand, it's efficiency means you don't get as big of a hit. You can get a more concentrated blast of vapor straight to the dome with the SS. SS the wand ain't attached to the heating element, so it's never getting heat unless you're hitting it.

I have known 3 guys with volcanoes and every guy was trying to sell it to me after a year or two. It's fine machine, no doubt, but it ain't what I was looking for. It was also the first vaporizer I ever heard of, and it has plastic parts. I wonder if it's a bit outdated. Or maybe they have new and improved ones. I also assume you can get a whip attachment and forego the stupid bag. That'd be nice.

My main thing about the GB is I take a pinch of weed and it destroys me. I love my triple percolator water bong. I load that bad boy up and rip a huge milky hit. But my gb is made from a Gatorade bottle and lid, tea pitcher, and a 9mm socket. That's maybe five bucks.

If I drop that much on a vaporizer how long can I expect it to last me before it burns out?

Idk, I've had mine 5 years? Maybe. The surfer uses a ceramic heating element that is supposed to last forever. I've read on forums that some poeople leave it on all day. They say you could leave it on for years and years. Idk about that, but it does seem built to last.

This is the daughter (she's 22) on the Goldbergs (tv show on ABC). I might have to start watching that show some more. She and the two girls on Modern Family should make a movie.

composure04_pg058.jpg

How many of fake accounts does funky have? There are a couple in the coffee and kids thread. Kudos

Two that I am 100% sure of and at least two other ones that I have suspected for quite some time but I am unable to provide substantial, undeniable proof that they are indeed funky.

Buddy the Elf is by far my favorite alter ego account on all of Catpaws.

Haha at that dude in the coffee thread. Please mods, please keep that thread open.

@maverick1 I think my eyeballs are going bad. Its getting hard to see the fine print unless I hold it out a ways. I assume that its just presbyopia and not macular degeneration. I may have to get reading glasses for the first time in my life.

My arm pain turned into shoulder/back pain, now has moved to my chest & armpit. F this man. Annoying as hell.

Haha at that dude in the coffee thread. Please mods, please keep that thread open.
[laughing]

Another Paddock classic in the making.

My arm pain turned into shoulder/back pain, now has moved to my chest & armpit. F this man. Annoying as hell.
Please get that checked. Sounds like heart attack symptoms.

@maverick1 I think my eyeballs are going bad. Its getting hard to see the fine print unless I hold it out a ways. I assume that its just presbyopia and not macular degeneration. I may have to get reading glasses for the first time in my life.

To echo ATC go get checked out ASAP. Work with a lady whose husband was pull starting a mower. Hurt his back. Bad pain. Had it go on for two weeks thinking he just did something to his back. Turns out was a heart attack. Ended up amputating both his legs and he died within 6 months I believe.

Morning D. Nothing like pooping your guts out at 430 am. Round 2 now. Haven't decided on pic proof yet.

Hope some good games on tonight. Last nights slate was putrid. Went to bed at 9.

March lilies coming up. At the risk of turning in my man card, I really like outside flowers/plants. Love March lilies and day lilies.

Be safe all and have a great day.

Wow, just found out on the news that President Obama will attend South By Southwest (SXSW) here in Austin next Friday as a keynote speaker. Mrs Obama is also attending on March 16. I remember when he last visited in 2014. I saw AF One looking cool as hell on approach to ABIA. Heh, they shut down both sides of the interstate when he last visited.

[laughing]

Another Paddock classic in the making.

Please get that checked. Sounds like heart attack symptoms.

To echo ATC go get checked out ASAP. Work with a lady whose husband was pull starting a mower. Hurt his back. Bad pain. Had it go on for two weeks thinking he just did something to his back. Turns out was a heart attack. Ended up amputating both his legs and he died within 6 months I believe.

Thanks Austin & Jed. I'm in a quandary on getting this checked out. My insurance is pretty good IF I go to the hospital that my wife still has a case with. I kinda hate those bastards & don't want them poking around on me taking my money. On the other hand, I don't want to be dead or incapacitated due to a grudge. It's odd because I still work there, just not as a direct employee.

I hope its not a heart attack. I've still been running and going to spin class. I really think it is a pinched nerve in the spine. I now have a rash on one side of my upper body. I think it is from sleeping on the heating pad. Wife said maybe I have shingles.

F this. Shingles, heart attacks, nerve pain. I can talk myself into any of these things.

The pulse in my feet is still good. My dad had both of his legs amputated before he died. I don't know what to make of all of this.

Last edited:
  • Mornin, y'all.
  • 45°F and clear in Johns Creek. VFR in effect. Not Spring yet.
  • Keurig Dark Magic going.
  • Tom Leach Show going.
  • Mack Jones waiting.
  • Vehicle finally all fixed up. That accident knocked off one of the transmission lines' clamps and the fluid level was low some. We were violently hit in the rear by a pickup pulling a 5th wheel camper. I/we are thankful that we were not injured.
  • @93. Go to a doctor asap and get yourself checked.
  • I hope everyone's ills get better.
  • Over.

Got this one janitor at work that every time he sees me in the hallway he says "How you doing?" And I always reply "Pretty good man, how you doing?"

He ALWAYS replies "Pretty good. You?"

o_Oo_Oo_O

"Ummmm....good."

I shouldn't need that extra question about my well being. You already asked me. I answered. No need to continue with the same question. Always struck me as odd. It's EVERY TIME.
That sounds a lot like the guy that says this to you ........."How you doin aw pretty good."

Thanks Austin & Jed. I'm in a quandary on getting this checked out. My insurance is pretty good IF I go to the hospital that my wife still has a case with. I kinda hate those bastards & don't want them poking around on me taking my money. On the other hand, I don't want to be dead or incapacitated due to a grudge. It's odd because I still work there, just not as a direct employee.

I hope its not a heart attack. I've still been running and going to spin class. I really think it is a pinched nerve in the spine. I now have a rash on one side of my upper body. I think it is from sleeping on the heating pad. Wife said maybe I have shingles.

F this. Shingles, heart attacks, nerve pain. I can talk myself into any of these things.

The pulse in my feet is still good. My dad had both of his legs amputated before he died. I don't know what to make of all of this.
Sorry to hear about your father.

Agreed, I can also talk myself into some of these things as well

At 45, I now use reading glasses. I'm no longer invincible, no longer bulletproof :(

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT