ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

image_zpstxepjd3c.png

Pay attention to the Skal/Humphries stat comparison. It started as a joke, but it evolved into reality. Aussie Jorts is better than Skal.

Science Break:

NGC 3597, the product of two merging galaxies, lies roughly 150 million light-years away in the constellation of Crater (The Cup). NGC 3597 will eventually evolve into a giant elliptical galaxy, a type increasing in numbers as galaxies coalesce into larger structures.
merging-galaxy-ngc-3597.jpg

As in some other elliptical galaxies, new stars form inside NGC 3597, owing to the phenomenon of galaxies smashing together and pooling their available gas and dust which triggers new rounds of star birth.

Morning D-Leaguers. 26 degrees on the porch.

I feel good about the Cats yesterday. I really dislike Florida so while a 19 point win is about half of what I wanted I will take it.

Now the pressure is on to win at South Carolina, Texas A&M, Florida and Vandy. That is a big order.
Currently 32°F in ATX.

I hear ya, Bert. Brutal schedule lies ahead.

Last time I was there, two mosquitos grabbed me and started flying away with me, one of them said "lets take him back home and eat him", the other one said "no, the big guys will just steal him". I managed to wriggle free and fall into a bunch of sand spurs. I ran from the beach toward a Trader Rick's to get some lotion when out of nowhere I was hit by a 97 year old Greek lady, with a nice tan and driving a Rolls Royce, who was racing to dinner. It was 4:15 and I was looking hard for a Cuban.

Last time I was there, two mosquitos grabbed me and started flying away with me, one of them said "lets take him back home and eat him", the other one said "no, the big guys will just steal him". I managed to wriggle free and fall into a bunch of sand spurs. I ran from the beach toward a Trader Rick's to get some lotion when out of nowhere I was hit by a 97 year old Greek lady, with a nice tan and driving a Rolls Royce, who was racing to dinner. It was 4:15 and I was looking hard for a Cuban.
[laughing]

[roll] FCC.

Morning D-Leaguers. 26 degrees on the porch.

I feel good about the Cats yesterday. I really dislike Florida so while a 19 point win is about half of what I wanted I will take it.

Now the pressure is on to win at South Carolina, Texas A&M, Florida and Vandy. That is a big order.
Thinking again about your previous comments, we're currently 17-6 and could finish 21-10. The remaining schedule sure looks challenging.

Home

Georgia
Tennessee
Alabama
LSU

Away

South Carolina
Texas A&M
Vanderbilt
Florida

Last edited:
I love that Bert hates Florida just as much as me.
My hatred started when I lived down there. Their fans are just awful. During their first championship run, they played Kentucky in February, and I asked one girl who was a huge Florida fan if she was gonna watch the game that night. Her reply, "There's a football game in February?". Had no freaking clue her team was number one in the country and favored to win it all. Once She found out, then proceeded to give shit all year about how much greater they were.

A lot of their fans were like this. If it wasn't involving a football, they didn't care. However, after reading about a win in the paper, would ask if I watched the game, mispronounce their own players' names because they didn't have a clue. Just awful.

I have a sneaking suspicion that whatever punishment is meted out to ul, I won't be satisfied it is strong enough and there is nothing I can do about it. I feel so helpless.
My guess, scholarship reductions, probably 5 over three seasons. Probation, at least three years, and recognize this post season ban, and maybe issue another if what they find is awful enough, after all, we're talking about one of the worst scandals in NCAA history. That would be enough to cripple them a few years, and would make me happy. However, it could and should get much worse depending on what is uncovered.

Here's where it could get interesting, where they supposedly confirmed the texts were indeed from McGee, they should get Pitino a healthy suspension, possibly a fine, and hit him with lack of institutional control. Not only that, slap a show-cause penalty on him like Pearl. That way, if Louisville does part ways with him, it is difficult for him to ride off into the sunset of UNLV while Louisville burns.

On top of that, we know Katina said several players on that championship team came and signed with Louisville because her girls screwed them. For the first time since this investigation began, I am feeling hopeful that banner is coming down. There seems to be proof accepted by both parties that she is telling the truth, and that banner could be in serious jeopardy.

This isn't a one time incident. By that, I mean that not just one team got these favors. This was ongoing for half a decade. NCAA could accept that as a scandal akin to SMU and go full death penalty. No program activities for a year, no televised events for a year after coming back, and advise UL to clean house.

All of those penalties could be on the table right now, and while the first few would make me happy, any combination of the last few would fully satisfy me.

No different here with the typical ul fan. Back in the day I would see one of them sporting the colors and make a comment about their game that night and hear, "oh, do we play tonight? What channel is it on?"

As I knew yesterday, none of the ul fans that played golf with us said one word to me about the post season ban. I didn't mention it either, but we all knew what was up. I heard one of them in the parking lot after the round telling someone else, loudly, that nothing had been proven yet.

My guess, scholarship reductions, probably 5 over three seasons. Probation, at least three years, and recognize this post season ban, and maybe issue another if what they find is awful enough, after all, we're talking about one of the worst scandals in NCAA history. That would be enough to cripple them a few years, and would make me happy. However, it could and should get much worse depending on what is uncovered.

Here's where it could get interesting, where they supposedly confirmed the texts were indeed from McGee, they should get Pitino a healthy suspension, possibly a fine, and hit him with lack of institutional control. Not only that, slap a show-cause penalty on him like Pearl. That way, if Louisville does part ways with him, it is difficult for him to ride off into the sunset of UNLV while Louisville burns.

On top of that, we know Katina said several players on that championship team came and signed with Louisville because her girls screwed them. For the first time since this investigation began, I am feeling hopeful that banner is coming down. There seems to be proof accepted by both parties that she is telling the truth, and that banner could be in serious jeopardy.

This isn't a one time incident. By that, I mean that not just one team got these favors. This was ongoing for half a decade. NCAA could accept that as a scandal akin to SMU and go full death penalty. No program activities for a year, no televised events for a year after coming back, and advise UL to clean house.

All of those penalties could be on the table right now, and while the first few would make me happy, any combination of the last few would fully satisfy me.
I meant if all that happens I will feel it is not enough.

Thinking again about your previous comments, we're currently 17-6 and could finish 21-10. The remaining schedule sure looks challenging.

Home

Georgia
Tennessee
Alabama
LSU

Away

South Carolina
Texas A&M
Vanderbilt
Florida
If the team that showed up yesterday and at Kansas shows up, they could run the table. If the Auburn and Tennessee team shows up, they could lose 6 of those last 8.

Realistically, I think they go 6-2. Lose to TAMU on the road, and LSU at home. Get a 3 or 4 seed in the SEC tourney, lose in the semis, enter the NCAA's as a seven seed with a 24-9 record, exit in the second round with 25-10 on the year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT