ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Our guys played hard, and played to win, that's all you can ask in a setting like that.

The officiating sure as hell hurt, but I refuse to blame the refs for the L. We had our chances, just couldn't cash 'em in when we needed to.

There's really no question about it, Briscoe HAS to sit in the closing minutes in a tight game. It's either that, or Cal has to tell him NOT to drive the lane because "YOU CAN'T HIT A GD FREETHROW"!!.

I felt like this was a game where the big Aussie MIGHT have helped us on the boards; Lee sure as hell gives us NOTHING when he's on the floor, and Skal can't rebound to save his life.

All in all, I'm proud of our team tonight, and feel good about the rest of the season.

Fixed me and my son a hellava good dinner tonight: steak, corn on the cob, seasoned green beans and yeast rolls. We're both stuffed to the gills.

If the wind isn't too bad tomorrow we're going fishing.

How do you know what tests are positive if your job doesn't require it? You're not exactly in the know. Yes, a bunch of people smoke and they usually know how to beat a weak test.

Bullshit!

Son, my wife tests every employee and every potential employees into the company. Guess what drug gets 90% of people fired and 100% people unhired? Marijuana.

My job doesn't require it, but wife's job does. What the f*** is your point? Are you saying most positive drug tests aren't marijuana? If you say no no, you're a goddamn moron

Willy, our guys gave it all. We don't have a great team. If everything is clicking for us, we can beat just about any team. We have some weaknesses. If too much shiz goes wrong, we lose. If Skal had been the real deal. we would be tough to beat. Lee, Willis and Poythress show up about half the time. That's about the story. Don't despair. We'll win some games before this season is over. One game at a time.

Willy, our guys gave it all. We don't have a great team. If everything is clicking for us, we can beat just about any team. We have some weaknesses. If too much shiz goes wrong, we lose. If Skal had been the real deal. we would be tough to beat. Lee, Willis and Poythress show up about half the time. That's about the story. Don't despair. We'll win some games before this season is over. One game at a time.

Thanks Don. Seriously. Been trying to take an unemotional response to this year's team, but this game got me. Damn, can't believe I'm this angry. Same anger as Wisconsin game.

With the right seed we can win it

If Skal would have been the game changing talent he was supposed to be, as opposed to basically a raw talent with just good measurables, then we would be really good. Don is right about that.

If I remember correctly didn't we have a good chance of landing the Bryant kid at Indiana? Like he was the back up plan if we didn't get Skal. Similar to the Mudiay/Ulis deal?

If that's the case we played the wrong hand. If anyone has watched him this year he would be our missing ingredient to complete the roster.

Thanks Don. Seriously. Been trying to take an unemotional response to this year's team, but this game got me. Damn, can't believe I'm this angry. Same anger as Wisconsin game.

With the right seed we can win it
I'm right there with ya Willy. This one got me. Worse lingering feeling since the Wisconsin loss. Though not as heartbreaking for me. To have the ball, last possession in a tie game and not even get a shot. Chaps me bad and really leaves a bitter taste.

55 here on this muggy feeling morning. Rain later. Possible severe storms Tuesday. Mom is crazy scared of storms. She's 85 and has feared them all her life. She's run through solid hedges and into down power lines before. This was back in the 70s. She can't run now but poor thing stops her ears up and hides her eyes. Odd thing is, none of her children get scared at all.

Worked outside yesterday. Vacuumed and armor all'd vehicles. Did a few other odd jobs.

Watched games.

That's all I got.

It is 56 degrees here on the last day of January.

The Cats are better than the hawks. I wish that we could have hit one more free throw in regulation. In over time we simply ran out of tall bodies.
I have a very hard time of not letting go of the fact we had the ball and didn't even get a shot off to win in regulation.

Shit. I think I'm officially going to bitch at the front desk. There's no reason why this place should smell. Unbelievable. Only way to sleep is to drink till you pass out
I'd seriously raise hell about the situation. Y'all are in WPB next to I95, right? I believe there's some sort of canal near the hotel which creates such horrid smell.

Thoughts on this...this had to be a "D" invention...Speers or maybe Willy??

12661955_1126388194047835_3829485992619917667_n.jpg

I'm going to echo Uncle Jed on the fact that it burns me up that we had the ball and the chance to win and didn't get a shot off. The irony of that is the fact is that the ball was in the hands of who I wanted it to be. I can't help but wonder if he had just gotten a few minutes rest if it would have turned out different. But they played hard and had their chance to win it. That leaves me hope that they can still make a nice run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT