ADVERTISEMENT

Covid thread deleted?

I don't think DeSantis is the hero you make him out to be. If he was, he'd likely be the nominee. Instead, he choose to defend Donald Trump and his legal woes on a weekly basis. You'd think he'd try to beat him since that's the goal. Brillant fella that guy is. In reality, outside of the Sunshine state he's a public disaster and quite frankly, an ass. Good politicians typically don't use illegals as pawns to ship to random blue states as if they're UPS packages. Ole Ronny is quite the troll. You keep talking him up though. I'm sure one day America will see him as you see him lol. (Nationally, he's ruined, just fyi)

I enjoy these covid threads because posters say they want answers but pretend they already have them at the same time. Now it's just about somehow making Anthony Fauci into some sort of Marvel villain. Scream "Down with masks!" if you like. Most don't wear them anymore. Shout "Stop the boosters!" A majority likely aren't taking them anymore and even if some are, that's their choice and who gives a shit? Keep yelling about Fauci. Most people have forgotten he exists. You're spitting into a tornado here. What would you have done differently in 2020 as POTUS? Ignored it and not listened to your team of doctors? Urged everyone not to mask and once available, not take the vax? Blame China and then what? You've got it easy. You're just sitting here looking up links and posting things that match your beliefs. In charge in 2020, you would have shit your shorts just like the rest of us.

Enjoy your week! Try to think about your loved ones more than Fauci for a change.
You do know that NIH and the CDC actually funded studies that said mask didn't stop covid yet Faucci backed the mask mandate... after he was against it at first. Like on something like that... Do you honestly not give any thought to Faucci saying mask have no effect on covid spread and then the studies back that opinion but then he says "wear a mask, wear 2 if you are really scared"... Come on dude.

and yes. I would have ignored Faucci because all the data was saying mask zero effect and was hurting children with allergies and lung diseases.

Totally normal you guys
“Sadly, this is not a brand new phenomenon,” said Dr. Vedant A. Gupta, a cardiologist with UK HealthCare. Dr. Gupta says this trend has been progressing for at least the past five to ten years.

Literally the second sentence, how are you going to say it's cause of a vaccine?

"Some doctors say the increase could be due to a number of factors, including decreased physical activity, eating more processed and fast food, and spending less time being active."

You've got to, at the very least, read the article involved with the headline that you're trying to push.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
I finally got an explanation of long covid that makes mechanistic sense. Apparently, altering the ACE pathway as the virus ingressess results in mini clots that kill tissue (especially muscle) in small enough amounts to cause what we think of as fatigue, but not enough to be normally flagged as an issue.

I be learning more about this is in the coming weeks, and will post links
that are good.

TL;DR viruses are dicks

I finally got an explanation of long covid that makes mechanistic sense. Apparently, altering the ACE pathway as the virus ingressess results in mini clots that kill tissue (especially muscle) in small enough amounts to cause what we think of as fatigue, but not enough to be normally flagged as an issue.

that are good.

TL;DR viruses are dicks

Other known causes of long Covid:
- Target doesn’t have the right color Stanley cup
- Starbucks is out of vanilla syrup
- UGG boots get smudged

that are good.

TL;DR viruses are dicks

As with most all things covid, their initial impressions were correct: it's psychological. All the first several cases happened in NYC where people were locked down in tiny apartments/closets. Understandable that would cause issues but it was because of lockdown rather than covid.

At first Drs wouldn't even treat it and pointed out the very same thing. Then the feds opened the money floodgates and away it went.

Reactions: PhDcat2018
My brothers explanation for a lot of the “long COVID” that he sees is permanent lung damage as well FYI. Some people had their lungs absolutely wrecked during the initial waves of COVID (says he rarely sees it after the first 2 strains) and suffered permanent lung damage.

My brothers explanation for a lot of the “long COVID” that he sees is permanent lung damage as well FYI. Some people had their lungs absolutely wrecked during the initial waves of COVID (says he rarely sees it after the first 2 strains) and suffered permanent lung damage.

The lung damage is a legit issue. However imo it's pretty clear it was not directly related to covid. The direct cause was the intubation methods before we removed up the over the mouth respirators (egregiously left at low levels by the previous administration).

Once those were mass deployed, that entire issue practically went away.

I don't blame Drs. They had to work with what they had to save lives. Save lives they did, but at a cost. The panic and legitimate sickness pit such an initial strain on the system they gave emergency license to even student respiratory therapists. So under skilled people were run ragged and working scared while ramming tubes into people's lungs.

I had a cough for 3 months after my 2nd case of covid. Never got really sick but just couldn't shake that cough. Only tested positive for 5 days too.

As with most all things covid, their initial impressions were correct: it's psychological. All the first several cases happened in NYC where people were locked down in tiny apartments/closets. Understandable that would cause issues but it was because of lockdown rather than covid.

At first Drs wouldn't even treat it and pointed out the very same thing. Then the feds opened the money floodgates and away it went.
Covid and long covid are certainly not psychological, but the response and how we as a nation handled the crisis was poor. There are lessons learned that will change how we deal with these things in the future.

Def a good explanation as well. Mind if I send you some links to pass on to your brother? There is a Dutch researcher who has been leading this charge that he may enjoy meeting.

I had a cough for 3 months after my 2nd case of covid. Never got really sick but just couldn't shake that cough. Only tested positive for 5 days too.
Had a cough like this for 2 months from Nov 2019 to Jan 2020, before Covid was "officially" recognized. I'm convinced it was Covid, which some say was here as early as March 2019.

Anyone catch the SB Pfizer ad about trusting science? Pretty cute when the company that made up science wants you to trust them now.

- Side note, @d2atTech is a welcomed addition to the new covid thread. Hope you're doing well, buddy.

Covid and long covid are certainly not psychological, but the response and how we as a nation handled the crisis was poor. There are lessons learned that will change how we deal with these things in the future.

Try to walk around it all you want with the "change how we deal with these things in the future" but that's an admission, whether you realize it or not, that errors were made.

If said errors were innocently made, everyone would understand. However it's the opposite. We know they initially had the right approach on most everything, then did a complete 180 on it all and took us down a path of unmitigated destruction on the levels economic, social, well being, etc.

Long covid absolutely goes in that category. The lung damage is almost (if not actually) exclusively limited to individuals who were intubated. Why? Because it was the intubation itself that did the damage. We know it can, that's why they ramped up over the mouth ventilation.

On the other issues, they're such classic anxiety/depression issues it is almost laughable to suggest otherwise. Doctors said as much until the money started flowing then it turned legitimate.

The whole country was sold out to big pharma and political proponents while we all suffered. It isn't in the least even somewhat defensible.

Try to walk around it all you want with the "change how we deal with these things in the future" but that's an admission, whether you realize it or not, that errors were made.

If said errors were innocently made, everyone would understand. However it's the opposite. We know they initially had the right approach on most everything, then did a complete 180 on it all and took us down a path of unmitigated destruction on the levels economic, social, well being, etc.

Long covid absolutely goes in that category. The lung damage is almost (if not actually) exclusively limited to individuals who were intubated. Why? Because it was the intubation itself that did the damage. We know it can, that's why they ramped up over the mouth ventilation.

On the other issues, they're such classic anxiety/depression issues it is almost laughable to suggest otherwise. Doctors said as much until the money started flowing then it turned legitimate.

The whole country was sold out to big pharma and political proponents while we all suffered. It isn't in the least even somewhat defensible.

I do think there is validity to early covid leaving those that survived but not intubated to have permanent lung damage. I have permanent lung damage from TB. I didn't even know until someone told me.

You're spot on that the early treatment was devastating. They were also putting patients face down; which was later reverted back to them being face up (so who knows how much that made it worse).

@d2atTech is a sharp guy and helped me out in the past. I'd wait to see what he has before jumping him on it.

What were their comorbidities that accompanied the covid diagnosis?

Reactions: hmt5000
I do think there is validity to early covid leaving those that survived but not intubated to have permanent lung damage. I have permanent lung damage from TB. I didn't even know until someone told me.

You're spot on that the early treatment was devastating. They were also putting patients face down; which was later reverted back to them being face up (so who knows how much that made it worse).

@d2atTech is a sharp guy and helped me out in the past. I'd wait to see what he has before jumping him on it.

I'm sure there is damage to a degree to our body whenever we experience serious illness. No doubt. The focus should be on the use of the intubation and the technique. It's understandable early on because they used what they had on hand to do the best they can. If they'd just say that, there is no issue. It's the lack of even a modicum of accountability that really gets me.

On the other issue, maybe there is or will be new viable information. When you decouple the lung/intubation issues from the other symptoms, seems pretty clearly anxiety or emotional.

If it's the enlarged or inflamed heart, well we know something that can cause that too.

The final piece is the lifestyle choices made during lockdown that forever alter people's lives. I know a few people personally that made such awful choices on nutrition and alcohol that it permanently impacted their lives. That's more lockdown and personal accountability.

Reactions: catlanta33
50807620216_c7ee6d6877_b.jpg

Definitely not a coincidence that BBDK/pti got banned, the first actual gyero banning in like a decade, and the thread got vaporized. Must have been reported. Little bitch.

Now now. After a thorough investigation no one could even locate the existence of that covid thread even when provided the link. So it never existed and all those egregious errors in opinion/judgment never occurred. Also there certainly wasn't any posts there celebrating death of non maskers/vaxxers now wishing financial ruin on the same.

Speaking of....

Wonder how many in the original thread called covid a hoax and no worse then the flu who are no longer with us because they passed away from covid?

None because no one in that thread declared it a hoax. However many correctly pointed out many/most of the government and public reactions were massively overblown and overreaching.

By contrast, wonder how many of the zealous mask wearers and vax takers in that thread and elsewhere got covid anyway? Hint: all of them.

Psyops at Catpaw.

This needs laughy and heart emoji. ❤️😻

Now now. After a thorough investigation no one could even locate the existence of that covid thread even when provided the link. So it never existed and all those egregious errors in opinion/judgment never occurred. Also there certainly wasn't any posts there celebrating death of non maskers/vaxxers now wishing financial ruin on the same.

Speaking of....

None because no one in that thread declared it a hoax. However many correctly pointed out many/most of the government and public reactions were massively overblown and overreaching.

By contrast, wonder how many of the zealous mask wearers and vax takers in that thread and elsewhere got covid anyway? Hint: all of them.

The stupidity of this was discussed in real time as it happened. Good thing for all those idiots arguing this point that thread got delete.d

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Fever free for 24 hours. It only took us four years to treat this like every other fever related illness.

Glad we closed schools for kids sent home for being in the proximity of someone who tested positive. The millions spent on contact tracing in our state alone was money well spent.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/13/health/covid-isolation-change-cdc/index.html

With Covid being spread so easily, how can the cdc be so cavalier? They are not thinking of the long Covid consequences.

The disappearance of the Covid thread is rather disturbing.

Can we get an explanation from a mod that actually knows something about how/why it was nuked into oblivion?

Defense said it most likely merged with the political thread.

Then doubled and tripled down that it didn’t exist.

Page 1 and 2.

Your magic eight ball will reveal a more truthful response.

There wasn't enough sunshine pumping with covid shots. 6ft, plexiglass, lockdowns, lysol groceries, masks, flying with open seats next to you in an enclosed space, park-gym-outside restrictions but selling booze...the covid shots were all that was left to say you did your part and as that truth that millions of lives weren't saved by them - thus the covid thread mysteriously died.

Abstract​

Background​

The Global COVID Vaccine Safety (GCoVS) Project, established in 2021 under the multinational Global Vaccine Data Network™ (GVDN®), facilitates comprehensive assessment of vaccine safety. This study aimed to evaluate the risk of adverse events of special interest (AESI) following COVID-19 vaccination from 10 sites across eight countries.

Methods​

Using a common protocol, this observational cohort study compared observed with expected rates of 13 selected AESI across neurological, haematological, and cardiac outcomes. Expected rates were obtained by participating sites using pre-COVID-19 vaccination healthcare data stratified by age and sex. Observed rates were reported from the same healthcare datasets since COVID-19 vaccination program rollout. AESI occurring up to 42 days following vaccination with mRNA (BNT162b2 and mRNA-1273) and adenovirus-vector (ChAdOx1) vaccines were included in the primary analysis. Risks were assessed using observed versus expected (OE) ratios with 95 % confidence intervals. Prioritised potential safety signals were those with lower bound of the 95 % confidence interval (LBCI) greater than 1.5.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0264410X24001270?via=ihub

Rivals uses XenForo.

XF 2.1 deleted threads by mistake, how to restore?

XenForo moderator said:
f they were hard deleted, the only way to recover them is by restoring from a backup.

Any content made since the backup was taken will be lost.

I guess it might be a bad idea to restore just a few threads and their posts from a database dump? (Perhaps the xf_post and xf_thread tables aren't the only ones which would need to be repopulated...)
Edit: damn, I just remembered attachments... :( (and I'm sure they're not the only thing I had been forgetting)

No, it would be a horrible idea... there are a LOT of interactions that need to be updated in the DB for those posts...
If you have a VERY recent backup.. restore and lose all your recent stuff... otherwise, simply acknowledge that they are gone for good and use it as a learning lesson.

It's dead, guys.

Last edited:
Defense said it most likely merged with the political thread.

Then doubled and tripled down that it didn’t exist.

Page 1 and 2.

Your magic eight ball will reveal a more truthful response.
I don't know what happened to your thread. It could have been merged to the political thread or it could have been removed/deleted. I spend nearly 30 minutes going back over old pages to see if I could locate if for some of our members that asked about it.

I'm an unpaid volunteer and looking for old deleted threads is not part of my job, especially on a topic that has nothing to do with sports which is our primary mission, but I tried to help some folks out that are a bit more appreciate than you are.

Questioning the integrity of the person trying to help you isn't a very smart move. Next time you're looking for something that's missing you can contact the publisher - lots of luck with that.

The disappearance of the Covid thread is rather disturbing.

Can we get an explanation from a mod that actually knows something about how/why it was nuked into oblivion?

Yes apparently "deleted" threads are actually only removed from public view. This one cannot be located or something. So it does seem to be actually deleted in the usual meaning.

Bizarre and depressing considering I try believe that thread was the best thread of any in this board's 20+ year history. The respectful debate, info, and otherwise shared experience was unlike anything this board ever saw or will see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT