ADVERTISEMENT

Covid thread deleted?

That actually would be a real shame if deleted, but at the same time happy that mess is behind us. Was a great thread with great info and really helped when we were in the mud trying to sort all the nonsense info. RIP

It was literally probably the best thread in the history of this site. Was definitely since I started posting on these iterations back in like 2000. There was debate but it was 99% on topic and within the lines with virtually (maybe literally) no mod intervention. That's an incredible feat of self policing.

Also it truly had some degree of historical value. That's almost certainly a once in a lifetime event and it was a great chronicle of developing information, feelings, etc.

Plus, strictly speaking, covid isn't going anywhere. So it wasnt completely irrelevant. That said I can understand why it might get unpinned or archived but just can't understand the rationale behind deleting.

Was it deleted because of actual responsible conversation about everything surrounding covid or the asinine political takes like blaming Barack Obama, calling strangers Brown Shirts, having an odd fascination/obsession with Fauci to the point of wanting him put on trial for treason, and using weekly scare tactics and conspiracy theories about covid shots? The vibe became less about responsible conversation and more about wishing those in charge could somehow pay for the decisions made in 2020. Had an odd online vengeance feel when the rest of us have moved on and are living our lives normally.

I don't believe a very long thread such as the covid one should be deleted BUT if it's just become the above with a tweet here and there saying We'Ve BeEn LiEd To, then I dunno, can't the political thread be used for that? Also you're living a damn good life if a thread being deleted on a message board bothers you in the least.

Reactions: ukcatz12
Good. I wish the political thread and Ukraine thread were zapped too. This is a sports site, save the bickering for Facebook, Twitter/X or Thanksgiving with your racist alcoholic Big Danny.

One positive that has come from all of this is that my family has become so disgusted with everything now that politics has become completely off topic at gatherings now. There used to be discussion, sometimes heated, and now it’s a room full of people that literally hate everyone that’s ever even been to Washington and one aunt who knows not to say say anything because it will break the harmony we have

Last edited:
No matter what side you're on, silencing the voices is never good. This isn't the America I grew up knowing. Freedom of speech, just watch what you say.
I'm not sure I've seen such drama in three short sentences. FWIW, freedom of speech doesn't apply to moderated forums. How do people not understand that? If you feel wronged, create your own site and forum with no moderators. Survive and adapt, right?

It was a thread that lasted years and for whatever reason, it is now deleted. You're still able to post here so how are you being silenced? Be a grown adult. A thread on a moderated board is deleted and suddenly voices are being silenced and this isn't the America you grew up knowing. Christ Almighty was a thread deleted or did a national tragedy occur within the last 24 hrs? I've seen less drama from a teenage girl who can't go to a party.

I'm not sure I've seen such drama in three short sentences. FWIW, freedom of speech doesn't apply to moderated forums. How do people not understand that? If you feel wronged, create your own site and forum with no moderators. Survive and adapt, right?

It was a thread that lasted years and for whatever reason, it is now deleted. You're still able to post here so how are you being silenced? Be a grown adult. A thread on a moderated board is deleted and suddenly voices are being silenced and this isn't the America you grew up knowing. Christ Almighty was a thread deleted or did a national tragedy occur within the last 24 hrs? I've seen less drama from a teenage girl who can't go to a party.

What mistakes were made? Never got a chance for you to answer that last time as it was only up for about 6 weeks after you were asked that question.

Covid thread gone and despair over not being able to reminisce about the good old days and owning the libtards, LOL. Reminds me of Al Bundy’s obsession with the highlight of his life scoring four touchdowns for Polk High School in the 1966 Chicago City Championship.

What mistakes were made? Never got a chance for you to answer that last time as it was only up for about 6 weeks after you were asked that question.
In 2024 I don't care, like Tommy Lee Jones in The Fugitive. Weren't you the guy who admitted to never really getting over your son wearing a mask at Disneyworld or something? You told me you still felt the effects of that time because he wasn't able to fully enjoy an amusement park. That's when I knew someone such as yourself really needed to finally move past all this and live your life happily, but you continued to post in the thread and have covid on your mind. For you, maybe take the opportunity to say, "That was a shitty time but for my mental health I should finally climb out of all that."

The thread seemed to be interesting at times and did last a long time but became what I said, making fun of people wearing a mask or being vaxxed, wanting revenge of some sort on society and someone like Fauci, and accusations that everyone was dropping dead from a shot, along with some tweets how the lie was real and if we're not continually pissed off, we're sheep. Staying pissed, brown shirts, Obama's fault, everything was a lie, vax is killing millions, people in our government should be tried for treason - buddy, we can get all that crazy goodness from the political thread. Enjoy your Sunday!

• Haha
Reactions: herrli
In 2024 I don't care, like Tommy Lee Jones in The Fugitive. Weren't you the guy who admitted to never really getting over your son wearing a mask at Disneyworld or something? You told me you still felt the effects of that time because he wasn't able to fully enjoy an amusement park. That's when I knew someone such as yourself really needed to finally move past all this and live your life happily, but you continued to post in the thread and have covid on your mind. For you, maybe take the opportunity to say, "That was a shitty time but for my mental health I should finally climb out of all that."

The thread seemed to be interesting at times and did last a long time but became what I said, making fun of people wearing a mask or being vaxxed, wanting revenge of some sort on society and someone like Fauci, and accusations that everyone was dropping dead from a shot, along with some tweets how the lie was real and if we're not continually pissed off, we're sheep. Staying pissed, brown shirts, Obama's fault, everything was a lie, vax is killing millions, people in our government should be tried for treason - buddy, we can get all that crazy goodness from the political thread. Enjoy your Sunday!

I have no clue WTF you are talking about, I’ve never been to Disney world. I own a small business that has 28 employees and I had to deal with way more than you, as I have way more responsibilities. I was just asking you what mistakes were made, so that we can not repeat them. Feel free to get emotional and hypersensitive though, as the adults attempt to point out the insanity the government, media, and health officials put us through.

Did you get any of that sweet PPP money though?

I made out like a bandit. I got a massive PPP loan I never needed, used that money to put a huge down payment on building our forever home at 1.95% fixed 30 year mortgage, and my kids who are now 6,4, and 2 don’t really remember it or had to go through the tragedy a lot of kids went through. COVID was fine for me in the end, but it was horrible for many. Anyone trying to buy a house or groceries right now should be furious. I’m not upset with the way it was handled due to it having negative effects on me, I’m upset because I think it really was mishandled and we should do our best not to repeat it. As Nightwish so eloquently said, “mistakes were made” and I think we should try not to repeat them.

No matter what side you're on, silencing the voices is never good. This isn't the America I grew up knowing. Freedom of speech, just watch what you say.
I am glad it was deleted and a new one started. I was banned from the old one. Voice now can be heard. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: JumperJack
I am glad it was deleted and a new one started. I was banned from the old one. Voice now can be heard.
I was never even on that thread. Just thought it was a bit nuts to delete talk of something that affected so many people. I have my thoughts on it but It's obviously not the popular opinion.

Losing that thread is on par with the destruction of the library of Alexandria. All the scientific pontifications of our resident shoe salesmen and forklift drivers just wiped away. It will take centuries for society to recover.
Wish I could find it because I'm sure its long deleted, but back when Obama was president and there were those ebola cases in America there was a guy on here saying that this was all part of Obamas plan to cancel the elections and suspend the constitution. Bang up job on that one.

Then the people came along and said that if Trump won that he'd just start nuking any random country that he felt like that day

Then the folks that said Andy Beshear and Mike DeWine were going to call in the National Guard and barricade everyone in their homes and put everyone on rations.

And there were people that thought that buying 350 rolls of toilet paper and 100 bags of navy beans were all going to be essential for the coming apocalypse, and if anyone that has ever or will ever coughed at some point in their life looks at you your face will melt off like in Raiders of the Lost Ark

and the people that thought George W Bush was both mentally retarded to the point that he needed helpers and a hidden mic to do a debate (and somehow think Joe Biden is sharp as a tack) and also think that he masterminded 9/11.

and speaking of 9/11, the people that think that because one of the most famous landmarks in the world was featured prominently in multiple films, television shows, video games, comics, etc that it MUST have been a secret government plot because of course the key to success in any secret plot is to plant clues in plain sight ALL OVER THE PLACE

and people that thought barcodes were going to be used by the government to track our movements

and people that thought Clinton was going to round up people and put them in FEMA internment camps
and people that thought Obama was going to invade Texas and take over via Wal Marts

and people that thought that putting radium on your teeth was healthy because it made them glow

and peple that thought that taking a picture of someone was stealing their soul

god people are so stupid

Wish I could find it because I'm sure its long deleted, but back when Obama was president and there were those ebola cases in America there was a guy on here saying that this was all part of Obamas plan to cancel the elections and suspend the constitution. Bang up job on that one.

Then the people came along and said that if Trump won that he'd just start nuking any random country that he felt like that day

Then the folks that said Andy Beshear and Mike DeWine were going to call in the National Guard and barricade everyone in their homes and put everyone on rations.

And there were people that thought that buying 350 rolls of toilet paper and 100 bags of navy beans were all going to be essential for the coming apocalypse, and if anyone that has ever or will ever coughed at some point in their life looks at you your face will melt off like in Raiders of the Lost Ark

and the people that thought George W Bush was both mentally retarded to the point that he needed helpers and a hidden mic to do a debate (and somehow think Joe Biden is sharp as a tack) and also think that he masterminded 9/11.

and speaking of 9/11, the people that think that because one of the most famous landmarks in the world was featured prominently in multiple films, television shows, video games, comics, etc that it MUST have been a secret government plot because of course the key to success in any secret plot is to plant clues in plain sight ALL OVER THE PLACE

and people that thought barcodes were going to be used by the government to track our movements

and people that thought Clinton was going to round up people and put them in FEMA internment camps
and people that thought Obama was going to invade Texas and take over via Wal Marts

and people that thought that putting radium on your teeth was healthy because it made them glow

and peple that thought that taking a picture of someone was stealing their soul

god people are so stupid
ZJe0Om.gif

• Love
Reactions: WildcatFan1982
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT