ADVERTISEMENT

Covid thread deleted?

Wish I could find it because I'm sure its long deleted, but back when Obama was president and there were those ebola cases in America there was a guy on here saying that this was all part of Obamas plan to cancel the elections and suspend the constitution. Bang up job on that one.

Then the people came along and said that if Trump won that he'd just start nuking any random country that he felt like that day

Then the folks that said Andy Beshear and Mike DeWine were going to call in the National Guard and barricade everyone in their homes and put everyone on rations.

And there were people that thought that buying 350 rolls of toilet paper and 100 bags of navy beans were all going to be essential for the coming apocalypse, and if anyone that has ever or will ever coughed at some point in their life looks at you your face will melt off like in Raiders of the Lost Ark

and the people that thought George W Bush was both mentally retarded to the point that he needed helpers and a hidden mic to do a debate (and somehow think Joe Biden is sharp as a tack) and also think that he masterminded 9/11.

and speaking of 9/11, the people that think that because one of the most famous landmarks in the world was featured prominently in multiple films, television shows, video games, comics, etc that it MUST have been a secret government plot because of course the key to success in any secret plot is to plant clues in plain sight ALL OVER THE PLACE

and people that thought barcodes were going to be used by the government to track our movements

and people that thought Clinton was going to round up people and put them in FEMA internment camps
and people that thought Obama was going to invade Texas and take over via Wal Marts

and people that thought that putting radium on your teeth was healthy because it made them glow

and peple that thought that taking a picture of someone was stealing their soul

god people are so stupid
This sort of explains why the thread is no longer visible. If the thread turned political as you are reflecting, then it most likely got merged with the political thread which is where all things political should be discussed.

If someone wants to start a new thread on covid to discuss covid and not politics they should feel free to do so.

This sort of explains why the thread is no longer visible. If the thread turned political as you are reflecting, then it most likely got merged with the political thread which is where all things political should be discussed.

If someone wants to start a new thread on covid to discuss covid and not politics they should feel free to do so.

It didn't turn political other than the unavoidable interwoven issues that inherently crossed paths. It was an exceptional illustration, years long, of self restraint by countless posters. I visited the thread many times a day over the years, and recently visited any time new posts were made. There was nothing I saw that violated any rules.

If there was a post I didn't see, surely it could've been deleted to preserve such a thread.

There was zero reason to delete that thread.

Is the thread just no longer visible or has it been scrubbed from Catpaw?

Obviously this is just a tiny little obscure corner of the internet and doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things, but it’s a perfect example of why Musk buying Twitter was so valuable. That thread was a time capsule that chronicled the pandemic in real time, then some message board moderator just decided no one should be able to see it anymore.

Take that behavior at scale, and you have the Covid debacle that thread documented.

It didn't turn political other than the unavoidable interwoven issues that inherently crossed paths. It was an exceptional illustration, years long, of self restraint by countless posters. I visited the thread many times a day over the years, and recently visited any time new posts were made. There was nothing I saw that violated any rules.

If there was a post I didn't see, surely it could've been deleted to preserve such a thread.

There was zero reason to delete that thread.
I searched back to last August last year and did not see any deleted covid thread (mods can still see deleted threads).

The current president lied about vaccine efficacy and safety, threatened to destroy the livelihoods of people who refused to take it until the SCOTUS stopped him, and destroyed the economy with trillions in unnecessary spending. And these are just the bare bones of what else happened.

How does that discussion not become political?

It’s quite safe to assume that deleting that thread was an attempt to memory hole what happened in the hopes that people forget about retribution.

Best thread out there. Sure there were times it went off course but everyone steered it back. There were times people were providing a better sense of the actual cold hard data than out “leaders” in that thread. I didn’t check it as much. But, pretty think skinned from someone to delete that at this point. I think there should be an explanation given. Maybe call out the bad actors. But to just scrub that from the site is a bit ridiculous and petty.

Wish I could find it because I'm sure its long deleted, but back when Obama was president and there were those ebola cases in America there was a guy on here saying that this was all part of Obamas plan to cancel the elections and suspend the constitution. Bang up job on that one.

Then the people came along and said that if Trump won that he'd just start nuking any random country that he felt like that day

Then the folks that said Andy Beshear and Mike DeWine were going to call in the National Guard and barricade everyone in their homes and put everyone on rations.

And there were people that thought that buying 350 rolls of toilet paper and 100 bags of navy beans were all going to be essential for the coming apocalypse, and if anyone that has ever or will ever coughed at some point in their life looks at you your face will melt off like in Raiders of the Lost Ark

and the people that thought George W Bush was both mentally retarded to the point that he needed helpers and a hidden mic to do a debate (and somehow think Joe Biden is sharp as a tack) and also think that he masterminded 9/11.

and speaking of 9/11, the people that think that because one of the most famous landmarks in the world was featured prominently in multiple films, television shows, video games, comics, etc that it MUST have been a secret government plot because of course the key to success in any secret plot is to plant clues in plain sight ALL OVER THE PLACE

and people that thought barcodes were going to be used by the government to track our movements

and people that thought Clinton was going to round up people and put them in FEMA internment camps
and people that thought Obama was going to invade Texas and take over via Wal Marts

and people that thought that putting radium on your teeth was healthy because it made them glow

and peple that thought that taking a picture of someone was stealing their soul

god people are so stupid

Perfect synopsis of the crazy bullshit that’s permeated the internet over the last 2.5 decades.

-some folks don't like to be reminded about how *incredibly* wrong they were about the situation... and how those in power collapsed the US/world economy, damaged poor children irreparably, bastardized the scientific process to accomplish non scientific goals...and so on.

^so to whomever bitched about the thread/the mod that deleted said thread: Congratulations.

-some folks don't like to be reminded about how *incredibly* wrong they were about the situation... and how those in power collapsed the US/world economy, damaged poor children irreparably, bastardized the scientific process to accomplish non scientific goals...and so on.

^so to whomever bitched about the thread/the mod that deleted said thread: Congratulations.
Pretty ironic, tbh.

Losing that thread is on par with the destruction of the library of Alexandria. All the scientific pontifications of our resident shoe salesmen and forklift drivers just wiped away. It will take centuries for society to recover.
🤣

Who knew something like that could ever happen, after 3 years, 11 months and 14 days??? 🤣

Last edited:
Shocked GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

That a certain mod can't find it...

In 2024 I don't care, like Tommy Lee Jones in The Fugitive. Weren't you the guy who admitted to never really getting over your son wearing a mask at Disneyworld or something? You told me you still felt the effects of that time because he wasn't able to fully enjoy an amusement park. That's when I knew someone such as yourself really needed to finally move past all this and live your life happily, but you continued to post in the thread and have covid on your mind. For you, maybe take the opportunity to say, "That was a shitty time but for my mental health I should finally climb out of all that."

The thread seemed to be interesting at times and did last a long time but became what I said, making fun of people wearing a mask or being vaxxed, wanting revenge of some sort on society and someone like Fauci, and accusations that everyone was dropping dead from a shot, along with some tweets how the lie was real and if we're not continually pissed off, we're sheep. Staying pissed, brown shirts, Obama's fault, everything was a lie, vax is killing millions, people in our government should be tried for treason - buddy, we can get all that crazy goodness from the political thread. Enjoy your Sunday!
What mistakes were made during COVID?

Reactions: PhDcat2018
What mistakes were made during COVID?
Oh neat, it's you again. Yay...

First you'll need to provide proof that shows any of my previous posts were pro-vandalism and anti-veteran as you claimed. The opportunity for you to do so has been available for several weeks but you've yet to step up. You keep quoting me but for whatever reason will not back up your initial claim. And now I'm done because you've become one dimensional and boring like some bot account. But hey, if this is your new covid thread, enjoy!

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
Gee, it just disappeared, guys. I don't know what could have happened to it.

I haven't ever heard that excuse for pertinent digital information being deleted or anything.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT