ADVERTISEMENT

Could this POSSIBLY happen.... Nah...

BBUK

All-American
May 26, 2005
UK should be able to get through their bracket and more IF the coach, coaches, or let's his team play....

MAN, wouldn't it be surreal IF Cal started Reed and Dilly during THIS tournament???? Just stupid to dream about...

873686282764949626.jpg

Yeah it’d be awesome having dilly foul out by halftime. Would much rather him get those first few minutes instead of the last few minutes.

Yeah,

May actually run out front with a lead instead of being eight down at the first commercial break... (May actually let Dilly play more controlled) than trying to shoulder a MUST have offensive posture but, what do I know, just a fan...

I honestly think we can get through this region with DJ and Edwards starting.. not that I want to test that theory lol. But there are plenty of other teams I was worried about. Uconn for example, is a team we likely cant do that against.

I honestly think we can get through this region with DJ and Edwards starting.. not that I want to test that theory lol. But there are plenty of other teams I was worried about. Uconn for example, is a team we likely cant do that against.

Yeah, and THEN Cal will change things up.... No need to work up to it and jell prior to....

Yeah,

May actually run out front with a lead instead of being eight down at the first commercial break... (May actually let Dilly play more controlled) than trying to shoulder a MUST have offensive posture but, what do I know, just a fan...

Yeah cuz he never fouls when we’re ahead. 😂

You realize dilly is a big part of our defensive struggles. Along with Reed. Like they’re awful on defense. What do you all bytch about most?Defense. Might be down 16-5 instead. One thing there’s no evidence of is that dilly would play more relaxed and not foul. Like none. Only evidence to the contrary.

It’s just an extremely stupid thing to harp on. But yall look for anything.

It’s been eye opening to see how little basketball knowledge Kentucky fans on this board actually have. Used to think we were the smartest fan base regarding basketball. That’s been thoroughly dismantled.

Cal and the staff are fully aware of their shortcomings. And have decided to at least try to have them available at the end in case we need buckets. I’d much rather have that option then dillingham getting strapped with two fouls before the under 4 timeout and we’re without him most of the half. Guarantee that would happen multiple times.

Continuously throwing a hissy fit over 2-3 minutes because you think it’s best just says a lot more about you than it does cal. Get over it.

Do I think Reed should start? Yes

Do I think it’s a big deal (him starting), given that he and Reeves play more than anyone? No

At this point I almost think Cal doesn’t just to give those saying he should a big middle finger. Lol

Reactions: mdlUK.1
Yeah cuz he never fouls when we’re ahead. 😂

You realize dilly is a big part of our defensive struggles. Along with Reed. Like they’re awful on defense. What do you all bytch about most?Defense. Might be down 16-5 instead. One thing there’s no evidence of is that dilly would play more relaxed and not foul. Like none. Only evidence to the contrary.

It’s just an extremely stupid thing to harp on. But yall look for anything.

It’s been eye opening to see how little basketball knowledge Kentucky fans on this board actually have. Used to think we were the smartest fan base regarding basketball. That’s been thoroughly dismantled.

Cal and the staff are fully aware of their shortcomings. And have decided to at least try to have them available at the end in case we need buckets. I’d much rather have that option then dillingham getting strapped with two fouls before the under 4 timeout and we’re without him most of the half. Guarantee that would happen multiple times.

Continuously throwing a hissy fit over 2-3 minutes because you think it’s best just says a lot more about you than it does cal. Get over it.

Yeah, the ONLY evidence is Cal has NEVER tried it to see....

Yeah, I will get over it AND the ten loses that may come without trying it. Got NINE losses Cal's way....

Ole Ten loss Tubby and Ten loss Flubby.... (I sure hope it doesn't come to pass this season BUT, that comes with the next loss, if it comes... (I sure hope not...) Don't want or need any evidence like that, then you'd be providing the wait till next season evidence... Take care...

Sports 101

1. When your team is terrible at defense, coming from behind is difficult. Get out in front and stay in front. So, yes the starting 5 is very important for a team that has bad defense.

2. If you want to win, play your most efficient lineups as much as possible. All of our most efficient lineups include Reed and Reeves, so to not start them together is coaching malpractice.

3. Step on a team from the jump if possible. Do not let a team get a early lead and build momentum and confidence.

All of these basic pillars of playing competitive sports illustrate why its so important to start your best lineup.

Definitely needs to be the debut of dilly and reed starting. We can't afford slow starts when we could be getting hot ones

Reactions: BBUK
Sports 101

1. When your team is terrible at defense, coming from behind is difficult. Get out in front and stay in front. So, yes the starting 5 is very important for a team that has bad defense.

2. If you want to win, play your most efficient lineups as much as possible. All of our most efficient lineups include Reed and Reeves, so to not start them together is coaching malpractice.

3. Step on a team from the jump if possible. Do not let a team get a early lead and build momentum and confidence.

All of these basic pillars of playing competitive sports illustrate why its so important to start your best lineup.

Nah, let's wait until the next loss to find out... I sure hope we NEVER find out... (This was not for you... GP)

UK should be able to get through their bracket and more IF the coach, coaches, or let's his team play....

MAN, wouldn't it be surreal IF Cal started Reed and Dilly during THIS tournament???? Just stupid to dream about...
He isn’t going to change. If you haven’t figured that out in 15 years you need to revisit history. He promised Wagner and Edwards to start

• Angry
Reactions: BBUK and Fox2monk
The fact that a guard may fall victim to foul trouble is even greater reason why all three should start. It guarantees our Big 3 will play together rather than leaving it up to whim's of the officials and Cal's capriciousness.

Reactions: ganner918 and BBUK
The fact that a guard may fall victim to foul trouble is even greater reason why all three should start. It guarantees our Big 3 will play together rather than leaving it up to whim's of the officials and Cal's capriciousness.

Is that something between Cow and Barn Door? ;)

Yeah it’d be awesome having dilly foul out by halftime. Would much rather him get those first few minutes instead of the last few minutes.
You’re right. Keeping the starting lineup that’s got us behind damn near every game is the smart thing to do in a win-or-go-home scenario.

Last edited:
Reactions: KyCatFan and BBUK
You realize dilly is a big part of our defensive struggles. Along with Reed. Like they’re awful on defense. What do you all bytch about most?Defense. Might be down 16-5 instead.
You know who else is sh!t on defense? Wagner. And Reeves. And Edwards. And Thiero. And everyone else on this roster. There isn't a good on-ball defender in the bunch. So pretending Reed and Dillingham - who are both admittedly terrible on the ball - are any worse than the others is a massive stretch. You checked any of the advanced analytics on the best line-ups/combinations?

He has went way too far at this point, he would never. He is going to go down pounding that square peg into that round slot. Promise.

Wish I was wrong.

It won’t happen, we have seen this before. No changes will be made, Cal will sink with his lineup, his substitution patterns, his defense, and his way.

• Angry
NC State is hot right now. Not a great matchup for UK. I don’t like that potential game.
They are, but they are also a team who was not even in the tourney a week ago. So still hot or not, we have to beat them if they win their first game and we do as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT