ADVERTISEMENT

Corruption Scandal/FBI

If UK and Cal is involved, I just don’t want to see the lame excuses we laughed at UL fans about. Rouge parents, rouge assistants. If UK is involved, fire everyone from AD to coach and start over. You know these coaches knew and you’re being blindly loyal if you aren’t even a little nervous with this report. I sure as hell hope we come out of this unscathed.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
If people don't think that this isn't a direct correlation to all of the sudden last few years Cal cant get the top guys then I don't know what to tell you.

Cal changed nothing in his recruiting style or approach. Some other variable was in place......we now know why.

Hopefully at the end of all this when programs are shattered we are the one top dog still standing.

Exactly. Skal had a handler. Murray was a late get. Fox had someone from AAU post on twitter that he knew what he was getting (Fox denied). Arkansas raised a huge fuss about Monk. Adebayo was supposed to go to NC State. We know about Davis and his dad. The Harrisons father worked for Under Armor.

Take any one of these and it's nothing. Look at all of them and then look at what two writers have now said, and it makes me nervous. Cal has said himself "I'm no saint" and then when asked about this thing at the start of the season would only say "we don't know where this thing is going to go".

And this season something has been different. He seems different. I just hope they nail the other blue bloods at the same time. A UNC friend of mine said Duke will be left out because they are a private institution and the FBI wouldn't care about them. Hope that's not true.

Duke being private or public has nothing to do with this situation. It only makes them immune to the open records laws used by the media to get sensitive documents. However, if this turns out to be what people are saying it is, the NCAA is not going to need to do a lot of investigation. They will have the smoking gun, who paid the player, who authorized it, etc.

Exactly. Skal had a handler. Murray was a late get. Fox had someone from AAU post on twitter that he knew what he was getting (Fox denied). Arkansas raised a huge fuss about Monk. Adebayo was supposed to go to NC State. We know about Davis and his dad. The Harrisons father worked for Under Armor.

Take any one of these and it's nothing. Look at all of them and then look at what two writers have now said, and it makes me nervous. Cal has said himself "I'm no saint" and then when asked about this thing at the start of the season would only say "we don't know where this thing is going to go".

And this season something has been different. He seems different. I just hope they nail the other blue bloods at the same time. A UNC friend of mine said Duke will be left out because they are a private institution and the FBI wouldn't care about them. Hope that's not true.
The FBI's investigation is within the last year. If we are involved somehow, it's not a former player, it's a current player or commited recruit.

From the article -"As witnesses paint a picture of the depths of corruption in the basketball underworld, the feds need to make a decision whether they want to expose other sneaker companies, agents and coaches."

So from this statement it makes is sound like this is still confined to Adidas schools. Does this mean the rest are safe for now??

From the article -"As witnesses paint a picture of the depths of corruption in the basketball underworld, the feds need to make a decision whether they want to expose other sneaker companies, agents and coaches."

So from this statement it makes is sound like this is still confined to Adidas schools. Does this mean the rest are safe for now??
Who are these witnesses and what did they witness? Do the feds just walk away and say it is not worth our time? do the feds say "hey NCAA here is the evidence if you want it" or just put it in a filing cabinet somewhere. The more people who tell this story the for fragmented it becomes.

This is going to get crazy. We’d be stupid to think we are clean if 50+ schools and top programs involved. It’s as likely to be us as it it UNC, Duke, etc....the hall of fame coach thing scares me since there are only 6 of them currently.

Totally surprised by your tone on this. A real shocker.

I think we know how this plays out. Duke and UNC escape with a slap on the wrist and the rest of college basketball gets hammered. Not sure why we are getting our hopes up. Duke is untouchable and UNC just got away with 20+ years of fake classes.

And cars for recruits. And, and, and....

Under Armor hasn’t been brought up that I’ve seen. A couple of the schools that have been implicated so far are associated with UA, any chance more of their schools are tied in?

The whole idea that the friging FBI is involved in college recruiting...rather than finding psycho kids who are using their real name to threaten to shoot up their school...is frankly SICKENING. kids die and they are chasing shoe companies.
You do realize that there are many branches of the FBI and I am pretty sure there are offices in every state. not like this is a 6 man operation and everything else goes on hold.

The FBI's investigation is within the last year. If we are involved somehow, it's not a former player, it's a current player or commited recruit.
Doesn't stop a "witness" from giving up the goods on transactions past the last year or so.

Reactions: awf
I'm imagining next season will be 40 games of UNC vs. Duke. To ease the pain they'll play the games at neutral sites.

You do realize that there are many branches of the FBI and I am pretty sure there are offices in every state. not like this is a 6 man operation and everything else goes on hold.

You can go argue with yourself....either they are competent or they are not. They couldnt even track the IP address of a kid who used his own name on a Youtube post threatening to shoot up his school. Apparently they are a 6 man operation if they couldnt find a kid who any 12-yo could have found with a fraction of the resources at their disposal. Maybe they should send the 6 men tracking shoe company involvement over to find school shooters.

I'm really not sure why but I think even FBI folks will be bias & not throw Duke Coach K under the bus if there's anyway not to....unless the lead investigator is not an ACC crony or even better a UK fan. :)

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Anymore, even if we are involved, then it’s not like we are an exception. If there are scores of other programs involved then the impact on us will be lessened. Sure there will be a ton of I told you so’s from our rivals but we can point the finger right back at them too. It wouldn’t be like we went rouge doing it. It just reveals the culture of a college basketball in general.

I would be lying if I said I weren't concerned! The prospect of Kentucky involved in something like this makes me queasy... I just hate that we are all three descriptors, blue blood, multiple lottery picks, and a HOF coach as well!

I have invested just like all of you have, so much emotion and time and effort into Kentucky Basketball and I truly hope that we come out of this unscathed. College Basketball is about to change forever, and I love to see Kentucky and Calipari finally make the haters and their allegations eat crow! My dream is for UNC and Duke to get stone aged, and us come out looking flawless.

I know with the NCAA there is about as much chance of that happening as their is for us to hit 10+ threes in a game this season, but hey I can dream right?

If we've paid anyone from this class I want a refund here and now.
Kicked this post up to show people how you need to watch whose posts that you like and commend. This guy is a troll that bashes our fans and is currently harrassing one of the best posters on our board. All of the people that commended this clown needs to delete what they posted. Embarrassing to let a troll have 70 likes on a thread degrading our team.

Kicked this post up to show people how you need to watch whose posts that you like and commend. This guy is a troll that bashes our fans and is currently harrassing one of the best posters on our board. All of the people that commended this clown needs to delete what they posted. Embarrassing to let a troll have 70 likes on a thread degrading our team.
I comment you for calling him out.

Do you really think kids getting paid started with one and done?

Nah started with UCLA in the 60s. I think though the massive fraud that the fbi is investigating is different than just paying players and started more recently.

Cal doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it. If a Nike rep or a UK fan/booster paid a player behind Cal's back, then the end result is still the same.

2 things to consider:

- Cal's history of not keeping a close eye on everything at UMass and Memphis, which resulted in vacated seasons even though he wasn't responsible for the violations

- the report that Anthony Davis' father was shopping his commitment. The report came out about a week after a couple big schools suddenly dropped out of his recruitment.

What I want to hear is that the statute of limitations has expired, and no matter what they find, the 2012 title can not be touched. Because if we are being 100% honest with each other, the idea that some UK booster paid AD's dad under the table seems like a legit concern. Chicago hoops recruiting has always been shady.
I'm talking about Cal, personally.

its-easier-to-fool-people-than-to-convince-them-that-8920931.png

Reactions: Woodrow_Call_1998
All those UNC fans who have been bitching about Roy not landing the elite recruits might soon be thanking him for not landing the elite recruits.

You can go argue with yourself....either they are competent or they are not. They couldnt even track the IP address of a kid who used his own name on a Youtube post threatening to shoot up his school. Apparently they are a 6 man operation if they couldnt find a kid who any 12-yo could have found with a fraction of the resources at their disposal. Maybe they should send the 6 men tracking shoe company involvement over to find school shooters.
---
Absolutely right. Hell, the FBI couldn't even figure out if Hilary Clinton was guilty or just swamp ooze stupid.

Spica Orbit

The nba created this fiasco by forcing kids to college for a year

No. This was their deal with the devil to keep kids from going the overseas route.

Yes I think it goes that high. That's why kids like Ayton and Bagley were cleared with no issue when there's no way either should be eligible.

Nike. Duke. NCAA. They're all in this.

Sorry if someone has already said it......

Was listening to Matt Jones yesterday. Twice recently he’s said something and I thought, “good point”. Maybe I’m getting old. Anyway, according to him Andy Miller and Cal don’t like each other and don’t do business together. Cal thinks Miller steers kids to other schools. Jones said Nerlens is the only UK kid to sign with Miller, and he dropped Miller after a year. So, felt better after hearing that. That just leaves the other direct evidence the FBI has, the 4,000 intercepted calls. My guess is those calls were to and from the same group of people, the people surrounding Miller - in which case we should feel as good as you could in this situation, for the same reason.....

Not shocking. Compared to about the first forty years of my life, we've become a lawless society bent on doing our own thing. Me. Me. Me. Anyone from judges to politicians to local governments who don't follow federal laws, etc, etc. I'm not so cynical as I am pretty good at seeing the differences in today as opposed to what happened only a few years ago. People cannot drive the speed limit. They can't signal. They can't even do something as simple as stopping for a red light. People will steal you blind without a moment's consideration for the business owner. Today, at Costco, I witnessed a pet peave...a woman pitched an unwanted garment on top of the items in the bakery. She proved she had no respect for fellow patrons, and certainly no respect for Costco. She was simply too damn lazy to walk her fat ass 10 yards to put the item back where she originally got it. I see almost every visit to the YMCA people leaving a slime trail of bottles, towels, shorts dropped in the locker room floor while they shower (PIGS), and mega amounts of curly hair also in the locker room floor. It's sickening to see what pigs we have become and how society has been degraded by subhuman behavior. Then, to beat all, you have this resistance movement by these butthurt, crying-ass babies who can't get over the election. People like Lindsey Vonn who makes unsolicited disparaging comments about the president. All the while she and her ilk are disrespecting the office, the election result, and our president. Julie Foudy wonders how we can be so vile to root against her--hell, that's easy, and vile and violent is what she and others have done throughout since the election. How can Julie Foudy lecture anyone on violence and hatred for not rooting for Lindsey Vonn when the far left has been doing that since November 2016? Makes no sense except that their heads are not screwed on toght enough--brains don't work when you're biased, bigoted, and affected by an outcome that YOU LOST. Many in our world--and I'm not down on dems because not all are bad and some republicans ARE bad...many in our world are not thinking of others and doing whatever they please. It's a contributor to these shootings. No discipline in schools. Sanctuary cities? What a joke. But, I speak Spanish (major at UK) and have great respect for our Mexican neighbors--they deserve a strong US partnership and a fair and humane solution to immigration. Teachers disrespected. Shameful behavior. I challenge all to be better citizens.

Reactions: westerncat
Under Armor hasn’t been brought up that I’ve seen. A couple of the schools that have been implicated so far are associated with UA, any chance more of their schools are tied in?

Looky there. Good call me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT