ADVERTISEMENT

Corruption Scandal/FBI

“When this all comes out, Hall of Fame coaches should be scared, lottery picks won’t be eligible to play and almost half of the 16 teams the NCAA showed on its initial NCAA tournament show this weekend should worry about their appearance being vacated.”

“When this all comes out, Hall of Fame coaches should be scared, lottery picks won’t be eligible to play and almost half of the 16 teams the NCAA showed on its initial NCAA tournament show this weekend should worry about their appearance being vacated.”

Well thank god we suck this year. This might be the reason we have been losing out on high profile recruits. Maybe Baglely's knee injury is a mysterious FBI case.

“The soundtrack to the three federal basketball corruption cases is essentially a ticking time bomb, which will inevitably explode. It will impact every major conference, Hall of Fame coaches, a score of current top players and some of the nation’s most distinguished and respected programs.”

“NCAA officials are staring at the prospect of a tournament with a winner that will likely be vacating its title – and many others eventually vacating their appearances. There’s a lingering mushroom cloud over the sport’s upcoming showcase event that won’t go away. The most fascinating and tricky variable here is time.”

Reactions: DanHalen88
“Until then, the NCAA tournament will be played amid the soundtrack – TICK, TICK, TICK – of potential chaos. Maybe the next one will, too. University presidents should be losing sleep. Millionaire coaches should be losing hair and plotting escapes to the NBA. And players should be preparing for their dirty laundry – or that of their relatives – to be aired.”

One of the best posts of the day,what if it were to come out that certain schools or companies paid players not to go to certain other schools?
There is only 1 I can think of that pathetic.....and I doubt anyone needs all 3 guesses.

So after reading it all. You have to Think Bagely and Ayton. They will go in the top 3 and seem like the easy choice of the lottery picks. If Kentucky can come out of this unscathed it will be absolutely amazing.

Who was our only player that used This guy as an agent? Teague?
Preston(although he didn't play) has to be in the mix as well as Bamba.As another poster said in another thread if Bowen commanded 100K the numbers might be staggering elsewhere.

There is only 1 I can think of that pathetic.....and I doubt anyone needs all 3 guesses.
Oh,I think we are on the same page there,probably not a real possibility but with who we are thinking about you never know.

Cal
Coach K
Izzo
Boeheim
Roy Williams
Bill Self

Current coaches in the hall of fame

Maybe this is why UNCheat got the slap on the wrist? Kentucky missing on recruits...
Was he saying lottery picks for 2017, 2018,2019...of the latter we are in the clear

I don't think UK is involved. That said with the fact of rogue players & family members could have possibly made a deal. All without Cal or Bell knowing anything,makes me worry and slightly nauseous.

You're dealing with shady handlers & greedy family members more than ever nowadays. And it's on a level across college sports that it's very possible one of our players(family,coaches,etc) could've been caught up in dirty dealing. Even with the strenuous work of Sandy Bell & Cal to stay away from shady situations. With the number of players we bring in every year, it's extremely hard to police them all before they get on campus.

I pray that we come out unscathed, but the details of this article and size of affected programs causes concern if we're being objective.

Reactions: UKSouthpaw
If it's 50 schools, it's everyone who matters. It's us and Duke and Kansas and Carolina and Arizona and everyone you can imagine. It's anyone who has recruited anyone worth paying.

Which means it really won't matter. If everyone gets hit, it's still an even playing field. Everyone who can compete with be under sanctions and it'll basically kill the sport.

That said "including agent Andy Miller" that means there were more. Like the Grassroots computers they took. and honestly it should scare the crap out of us with the fact Bam, Monk, and Fox came from there.

Not saying they did anything but we dont know... its still scary

Live look in on Jeff Capel:
200w.gif

I don't think UK is involved. That said with the fact of rogue players & family members could have possibly made a deal. All without Cal or Bell knowing anything,makes me worry and slightly nauseous.

You're dealing with shady handlers & greedy family members more than ever nowadays. And it's on a level across college sports that it's very possible one of our players(family,coaches,etc) could've been caught up in dirty dealing. Even with the strenuous work of Sandy Bell & Cal to stay away from shady situations. With the number of players we bring in every year, it's extremely hard to police them all before they get on campus.

I pray that we come out unscathed, but the details of this article and size of affected programs causes concern if we're being objective.
The articles are trying to capture viewers so they write them as sensational as possible.Some of it could be a recycling of information we already know about.Timing of this begins to seem suspect,we are getting close to conference tourneys and the NCAAT, what better way to build suspense and anticipation.Treat it like a soap opera,throw in a few insinuated twists and turns for everyone.

The NCAA will not put 7-10 schools on probation it would bankrupt their TV revenues.
So far they can't seem to put any on probation.I would think the NCAA is more concerned than anyone,if something this big goes down right under their nose without them having a clue their days are not only numbered but that number is significantly reduced.

This is going to get crazy. We’d be stupid to think we are clean if 50+ schools and top programs involved. It’s as likely to be us as it it UNC, Duke, etc....the hall of fame coach thing scares me since there are only 6 of them currently.

Reactions: Kentucky31
Wow, please be puke, please be puke, please be puke....

I really want it to be, but, it isn't. At least they are not involved in this particular investigation, because it is information taken from a computer of one of the person indicted, and that means it would be an Adidas school. It most probably means Kansas. Hardy har har.

Please be puke, please be puke, please be puke....
It could be Duke and not one thing would happen. Even if they were implicated they would do the same as UNC and spend millions on legal counsel to get them out of it.

So far they can't seem to put any on probation.I would think the NCAA is more concerned than anyone,if something this big goes down right under their nose without them having a clue their days are not only numbered but that number is significantly reduced.
If there were only a way to throw Emmert in jail.

I'd be shocked if Arizona and Kansas aren't dirty.

As a Duke fan, I'm also worried. Our recent run of recruiting success - especially with last-minute guys like Duval and Bagley - and with an assistant coach who was previously busted at OK - is pretty crazy and while I hope it's legit, I'd be lying to say I wasn't concerned.

Having said that - it seems strange that nothing much has happened the last few months, so who knows if these "sources" actually have any clue. Seems like something would have leaked by now if it was as massive as this article says.

ADVERTISEMENT