ADVERTISEMENT

Cooper Flagg to UConn smoke is starting to plume

Flagg not going to Dook gives them an even smaller window to land a big fish before their mystique/aura completely wears off to the big name recruits.

Sadly they’ll probably just end up with the Boozer twins and it won’t matter, but I will still fantasize about Dook’s downfall .

Flagg not going to Dook gives them an even smaller window to land a big fish before their mystique/aura completely wears off to the big name recruits.

Sadly they’ll probably just end up with the Boozer twins and it won’t matter, but I will still fantasize about Dook’s downfall .
It's coming. K's influence is still VERY much in that program. But as far as I know, he's not a vampire, so....Duke will return to the dust eventually.

Reactions: gharding07
Awhile back Torres laid down uconn's path to Flagg. Then Frank Isola drops a prediction during nba preseason game According to the "grapevine" Flagg will be playing for Hurley. Bold move if he's just guessing. I like how Duke is Flagg's "Dream School" its about time they feel dreamy.

It's coming. K's influence is still VERY much in that program. But as far as I know, he's not a vampire, so....Duke will return to the dust eventually.
Serious question: Do you really think that’s going to happen? Do you think they will fade into mediocrity?

Serious question: Do you really think that’s going to happen? Do you think they will fade into mediocrity?
Do I know they will? No. But that program WAS Coach K. He built that program. Duke was "ok" before he got there but not great. I could see them return to that level unless Schyer is really good, and the jury is still out on that. While K is still around though, he will have influence on Duke. Shoot, if I'm Schyer Id be asking for sure.

Reactions: BlueWhite21
If Flagg does somehow end up at UCONN you can bet the Boozer's will reclass to 2024 at Duke.

I think they'll go like his mentor Bob Knight's IU did. Hang around 5-7 years after he's gone then fade away having a good season every so often, but nowhere near what they were.

UConn is a machine right now which is pretty scary, but I think we’d all still like to see Flagg spurn Duke when he was considered such an ultra lock. Some rumblings that Rachel Baker, Duke’s NIL frontwoman, effectively the GM of Duke, is the one to blame for Flagg possibly getting away.
This is just typical Duke behavior. They have a kid locked up, news leaks out at the end it's going to be someone else (usually UK), then they pick Duke after all. They do the same old troll recruiting every time.

This is just typical Duke behavior. They have a kid locked up, news leaks out at the end it's going to be someone else (usually UK), then they pick Duke after all. They do the same old troll recruiting every time.
They do it more now. With social media clicks at stake. Going to see more and more big fan bases trolled for profit by clingers.

Scheyer is recruiting to well, and Duke has to many resources to be bad. Duke is gonna be good, they might have a down year every now and then, but Duke is gonna be good or a top 15-20 most years

Reactions: Blueheart32
If Duke somehow doesn't get Flagg, they will most likely lock up both Boozer twins.

So for UK, what is more important: the hatred towards Duke? Or your own programs success? Think you have a shot at 1 or both Boozer twins if Flagg goes to Duke.

Awhile back Torres laid down uconn's path to Flagg. Then Frank Isola drops a prediction during nba preseason game According to the "grapevine" Flagg will be playing for Hurley. Bold move if he's just guessing. I like how Duke is Flagg's "Dream School" its about time they feel dreamy.
Frank would know and have inside information with Scal being extremely close to the Flagg recruitment.

If Duke somehow doesn't get Flagg, they will most likely lock up both Boozer twins.

So for UK, what is more important: the hatred towards Duke? Or your own programs success? Think you have a shot at 1 or both Boozer twins if Flagg goes to Duke.
They aren’t even in the same class, so I’m not even sure how that’s relevant.

This post is clearly just trying to take a shot at Kentucky fans, and implying that we'd rather see Duke lose rather than see us win.

Please ban. It's been long overdue.

All of the above. I think all of college basketball hates your team. They are douche program formerly coached by the biggest douche in all of sports. Did I mention their fans are also a bunch douches. Hope you get the gist.

Cal has definitely fallen below expectations. He may have had 2 national titles at this point if not for a missed call on a put back by Nigel. Hayes. Was at the game sitting next to dook fan discussing the the potential tipping point for either fan base. Things went well for fan dook and we are where we are at.

Calipari first 13 Seasons...

Missed NCAAT 6X's
Advanced past 2nd round, 3x's----all three at UMass.

Nobody starts ou as a HOF coach.
Cal made the tournament by his 4th season at UMASS. Also took then to an E* and F4. Was hired by the NBA. Then went to Memphis and turned them around. Then did the same at UK.

Prior to this year, what did Hurley accomplish?

83pvs8.jpg

83pvjn.jpg

Who's record you like best?

Last edited:
Reactions: Montana81
Cal has definitely fallen below expectations. He may have had 2 national titles at this point if not for a missed call on a put back by Nigel. Hayes. Was at the game sitting next to dook fan discussing the the potential tipping point for either fan base. Things went well for fan dook and we are where we are at.

Since that 2015 tournament.. what else has Duke done, exactly? They got a Final 4 and that's about it. And I want to remind you (and the Duke fans lurking) that this period from 2015 to 2021ish, was supposed to be their golden era, where Coach K was getting the #1 classes and hampering our recruiting.

When Kentucky was getting #1 classes.. we had titles, Final4s, deep runs, no embarrassing early exits, etc. Kentucky got results when we were on top. But Duke really squandered its opportunities with all star talent from guys like Zion, RJ and Tatum.

So it will be interesting to see how this goes now that, seemingly, Kentucky is back to getting its elite classes again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT