ADVERTISEMENT

Confirmed: Drew's family visited Lexington today

Bro you’re going to be a very happy guy soon.

With Drew you’re getting a top 5-10 team to begin next season; possibly Reed back (and he’ll be given the team), a guy that utilizes athleticism AND skills, where guys like Perry will be utilized fully.

You’re probably getting VJ, and he goes for the portal and doesn’t sit around waiting like that dope clown Calipari.

You’re getting a guy who will have respect for this program and fanbase. His players are taught to respect where they are, not where they’re going.

The UK name is going to elevate this guy. He was already beating Duke and UK on the recruiting trail from little bullshit Baylor. He just needs the right program and the sky is the limit.

I think we’ve got him and although I can see you don’t like it, be glad others saw it when you didn’t.

By the way, I can tell you this, John Calipari isn’t going to be excited about Drew here. He will out recruit him for many guys and he’s 10 times the coach. Calipari probably won’t be able to beat us next year because of Drew. With the other candidates especially Donovan, Cal was gonna toy with us. Not now.

Wake up yall.

You're confident (and I'm glad you are). I hope you're right. I think all of this is possible, but I don't think it'll all happen right away this first year. I'd rather be wrong than right, though.

Regarding Cal... toying with anyone... he really hasn't done that for years. It would take a major revival for him to come close to toying with us, imo. NIL money may very well be what he needs to keep coaching though

Reactions: RaginRondo
The issue is (and I’m someone who would have probably called Donovan first), Kentucky doesn’t need to wait to win. Calipari is going to be running for us as is the rest of the SEC. We’ve already slipped enough for 5 years under the clown, we can’t continue to do so. We have to win now, and that is what Drew is going to bring.

We will win immediately and if UK gives Drew the elevation factor, he’ll be the best hire. Mitch is betting that this is the best short term hire (which we absolutely need right now) and will turn into a better long term hire once he’s elevated by the job. He’s also younger than Donovan.

Hurley
Oats
Pearl

These guys were never coming here. It was either Drew or Billy, and Billy had his changes. Drew just fits better even though I couldn’t help myself, I’d have hired Billy. But I am glad we’re not at the same time.

Can’t wait to see him tell Reed Sheppard the team is his, come on back.

We agree on about 95% of things or more then. Good night and thanks for the optimism

This is the job Drew has wanted, he turned down some really good offers for it. It’s another thing people don’t realize, he could have been no telling how many places and stayed.

He’s a man who wants the best and knows what he wants. His first TWO orders of business in Kentucky?

Turning Louisville down
Saying yes to Kentucky.
Besides UL what has he turned down? Also does anyone know his record vs rivals while at Baylor?

The tail number tells you who is in the plane?

What are you even arguing?

Joe Crafts plane went to temple, tx and back twice today.

Like a dumbass, I watched flight tracker twice in a 12 hour period.

What scenario can you concoct that Joe crafts plane travels to temple, tx twice in one day?

Reactions: Girthang
Some of you lack serious attention to detail. Look up that tail number and you will realize its not stock footage of some random private jet lol.
Does the tail number say who is on the plane? Where the plane is ? When this video was taken?.....Random

You know it's possible to be a solid Christian and love Jesus plus be a coach that cares about winning. Winning is something he has done more of the past 9 years than Cal. His teams have ranked inside the top 10 offensively and top 20 defensively in all those years (a combo for championship runs). He has a national championship at Baylor. He would be the most decorated coach ever hired at ky. He's not arrogant and puts himself first. Yet some people had rather have unproven Golden? Oates who like Can plays no D. I don't understand most people's reasoning.
According to KenPom their adjusted Offense and Defense rankings from the last 9 seasons are below. Looks like their adjusted offense was consistently in the top 20 but defense was hit or miss having 4 of the 9 ranking 72 or worse.

2024 Offense 6 Defense 72
2023 Offense 2 Defense 107
2022 Offense 8 Defense 13
2021 Offense 2 Defense 22
2020 Offense 17 Defense 4
2019 Offense 20 Defense 75
2018 Offense 62 Defense 23
2017 Offense 23 Defense 16
2016 Offense 14 Defense 84

According to KenPom their adjusted Offense and Defense rankings from the last 9 seasons are below. Looks like their adjusted offense was consistently in the top 20 but defense was hit or miss having 4 of the 9 ranking 72 or worse.

2024 Offense 6 Defense 72
2023 Offense 2 Defense 107
2022 Offense 8 Defense 13
2021 Offense 2 Defense 22
2020 Offense 17 Defense 4
2019 Offense 20 Defense 75
2018 Offense 62 Defense 23
2017 Offense 23 Defense 16
2016 Offense 14 Defense 84

Something he'll have to improve, no doubt. HAVE to be able to defend. Consistently and start to finish

Does the tail number say who is on the plane? Where the plane is ? When this video was taken?.....Random
Sorry dude, I cant help you. Given the information in this thread, if you still think its random then just wow.

Pretty fricken epic rant from someone who has literally been calling our coach every name in the book and calling anyone who said anything about him that wasn’t pure vitriol a nut hugger.

You must have some serious narcissistic tendencies to do both of those 😂
Nice try with the fake equivalency. Yep, I despised Calipari and he proved he was washed up, hated the fanbase, media and pi$$ed off a good many donors. But, never once did I say I wished he would die. The same 8-10 posters have been all over this board trashing Drew at every possible turn without him ever coaching a single game at UK. All because he wasn't who THEY wanted. Now, tell us more about "narcissistic tendencies" there genius.

Nice try with the fake equivalency. Yep, I despised Calipari and he proved he was washed up, hated the fanbase, media and pi$$ed off a good many donors. But, never once did I say I wished he would die. The same 8-10 posters have been all over this board trashing Drew at every possible turn without him ever coaching a single game at UK. All because he wasn't who THEY wanted. Now, tell us more about "narcissistic tendencies" there genius.

Lmao. Not going to argue with a narcissist.. they would just condone their actions and blame everyone else and not do any self reflection. Oh wait, you just replied in that exact manner. 😂😂

You’ve been bashing our coach for months. You also just said if someone doesn’t support our coach they aren’t a real fan. You aren’t a real fan. You just NEED Kentucky basketball to make up for your pathetic existence.

Lmao. Not going to argue with a narcissist.. they would just condone their actions and blame everyone else and not do any self reflection. Oh wait, you just replied in that exact manner. 😂😂

You’ve been bashing our coach for months. You also just said if someone doesn’t support our coach they aren’t a real fan. You aren’t a real fan. You just NEED Kentucky basketball to make up for your pathetic existence.
Another nice try but, another FAIL.
Your boy Calipari is gone. He's not "our coach" anymore and apparently wasn't much of one since he started flirting with Ohio State in February. You won't admit it because you're one of those Calipari nuthuggers but, you know he's been done since 2017. Obviously no fire in his belly to win. Just the desire to build on his fraudulent legacy with a few more NBA draft picks.
But, it doesn't matter. Calipari is thankfully gone and you should feel free to go with him. It's Program First now, loser.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT