ADVERTISEMENT

Concerning Big Z getting thrown around under the basket a few times last night...

Uncle Adolph

Junior
Aug 9, 2019
I"m sure he probably is not coming back next year. I get that.
But imagine if you will him staying, being in a serious weight training program and being with a nutritionist for a year.
Last night he was gassed a few times and Miss State guys were just to physical for him. If he would stay and benefit from those type of programs his upside is tremendous.
No harm in dreaming is there ? He gave us some good minutes last night.
One thing that might hurt that I don't understand the NIL rules on is players not from America are not allowed to earn NIL $ ?
Did Oscar not have some issues on that ?
Again, just dreaming.

I feel like Big Z will be back next year. You have to remember he did not grow up on the AAU circuit like these other kids that are constantly being told to get to the NBA as fast as possible. I think he takes another year of college to gain more strength and gets used to the game here in America. Just my two cents.

But imagine if you will him staying, being in a serious weight training program and being with a nutritionist for a year.
Last night he was gassed a few times and Miss State guys were just to physical for him. If he would stay and benefit from those type of programs his upside is tremendous.
One thing that might hurt that I don't understand the NIL rules on is players not from America are not allowed to earn NIL $ ?
Again, just dreaming.
I'm with you. I think he's shown enough flashes that a team could reach for him this year in the first round. However, with another year under his belt, with gaining weight and conditioning, that kid could be a top 5 pick, if not #1. Would love to see it. I actually think he might have the most to gain given his potential and actually reaching that in a short time.

I'm with you. I think he's shown enough flashes that a team could reach for him this year in the first round. However, with another year under his belt, with gaining weight and conditioning, that kid could be a top 5 pick, if not #1. Would love to see it. I actually think he might have the most to gain given his potential and actually reaching that in a short time.
This is what I hope is being sold to him. Add 20lbs to get to 7’2 and 250. And he plays a full year as our primary 5 and maybe even some minutes at the 4 in twin tower lineups (and I’m usually anti multiple bigs)…but he could easily be a top 5 pick if not #1 next year. He is the perfect prototype of what the NBA wants in a big and w some added weight could be like KAT

Again, just dreaming.
All three centers are not very physical down low, they all could use some serious weight training.

This is what I hope is being sold to him. Add 20lbs to get to 7’2 and 250. And he plays a full year as our primary 5 and maybe even some minutes at the 4 in twin tower lineups (and I’m usually anti multiple bigs)…but he could easily be a top 5 pick if not #1 next year. He is the perfect prototype of what the NBA wants in a big and w some added weight could be like KAT
We should get his twin brother to come for next season too.

We should get his twin brother to come for next season too.
No idea he had a brother. If he’s near as skilled then we should definitely bring him in. Z seems to be enjoying his time so it should be an easy sell

Reactions: CatsDomain
I hate complaining about officiating, but sometimes it’s warranted. MSU plays physical. I get it. But damn, the shit they were doing in the paint is just not basketball. Physically throwing players to the floor, body checks, elbows, arm bars. There were some pretty nasty hits and tosses coming from those guys, and a lot of it wasn’t called. I don’t get it? I mean, when a player physically grabs another player and throws him to the floor, is that not to be considered a flagrant non-basketball play? WTF? Those dudes were given free access to brutalize down there. Just doesn’t make sense to me?

I feel like Big Z will be back next year. You have to remember he did not grow up on the AAU circuit like these other kids that are constantly being told to get to the NBA as fast as possible. I think he takes another year of college to gain more strength and gets used to the game here in America. Just my two cents.

He's already declared for the draft twice.

Reactions: 1war and JwUKFan11
I don't see it happening, but just think if all three big men got in shape and came back next year........🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

PG: Z, 7-2
SG: Quaintance, 6-10
SF: Bradshaw, 7-1
PF: Cyril, 6-10
C: UGO, 7-0

😉😉😉😉😉

He's already declared for the draft twice.
Yep I see your point, and I could definitely be looking at this through blue tinted glasses. But the way he has been roughed up in college, maybe it has opened his eyes to why the NBA has not come calling yet. Playing in Europe is a completely different beast as playing here.

Ugo has been here two years now maybe he hasn’t put on some weight but I’m just saying I don’t see any big difference from last year to this year. Maybe I’m wrong wouldn’t be the first time.

Again, just dreaming.
i think i read somewhere that NIL depends on the country you are from
not really sure on it just something i read

... ideal stretch 4 with his shot making abilities.

I hate complaining about officiating, but sometimes it’s warranted. MSU plays physical. I get it. But damn, the shit they were doing in the paint is just not basketball. Physically throwing players to the floor, body checks, elbows, arm bars. There were some pretty nasty hits and tosses coming from those guys, and a lot of it wasn’t called. I don’t get it? I mean, when a player physically grabs another player and throws him to the floor, is that not to be considered a flagrant non-basketball play? WTF? Those dudes were given free access to brutalize down there. Just doesn’t make sense to me?
... saw the same thing.

Reactions: KentuckyGentleman
The football refs need something to do for money in the winter. It is the SEC after all.

It was interesting how physical it was and acceptable for the two inside Miss State players that was allowed. But, were they fouls? It depends upon what's allowed and I am not complaining as it was consistent in the no-calls. I recall they let Zion and that other Center that was on the Duke National Championship team do the same. So, I won't say it was special treatment. Plus, it is something that Kentucky and Cal better work on because it's a weakness that NCAA tourney teams are going to pay attention to. So, better to have it glaring now.

Reactions: ala_kat2
this isn't 1991. no one needs to be 280pds. his strength is fine. chet holgrem weighs about 125 at 7'4 and dominates in the nba. he just needs to work on cardio.

I thought he was gonna stroke out at one point. Also thought I was going to watching that last minute.

• Haha
Reactions: Ugoff
With the Tennessee and Virginia Lawsuit against the NCAA didn't they get an injunction or something that the NCAA basically can't enforce NIL?

GREAT post and right on. MSU was mugging us and especially Z. Letting them play is one thing but that was criminal.

Watching the replay and he just got knocked down without a call. Great position for a rebound and shoved in the back. Their hip check screens were also missed all night. Edwards 3rd foul was Hubbard diving into him because he had no where to go. Dillingham’s third foul was MSU guy faking contact. Called worse than I remembered it.

Well I'd love it but I'm afraid we aren't the only ones that will imagine how good he could be with some extra muscle. I'm thinking he's already shown enough to go late lottery and the season isn't over.
We better enjoy our 7'2" puppy dog while we can.

Reactions: FFWhite
I hope Cal starts him the rest of the year. He’s our best bet at center…..

Reactions: ala_kat2
The disconnect is that none of those 3 guys nor their camps likely see them as centers. They likely view them as hybrid forwards. They aren’t centers in any way shape or form except in height.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT