ADVERTISEMENT

Coach O...On the Market

Losing his wife and 10 players in the first three rounds of the draft must be hard.

As I recall his wife's actions after the NC game were unusual for a wife. Running along side of him after the game BEFORE his interview. Then appearing to grandstand in the aftergame interview. My guess is some mental issues. JMO. Could certainly be wrong, but I had never seen any wife or family member act so bizarrely when the coach or star players have earned the right to be the center of attention.

As I recall his wife's actions after the NC game were unusual for a wife. Running along side of him after the game BEFORE his interview. Then appearing to grandstand in the aftergame interview. My guess is some mental issues. JMO. Could certainly be wrong, but I had never seen any wife or family member act so bizarrely when the coach or star players have earned the right to be the center of attention.

Now you know why.

I cannot think of a profession more challenging to marital life than coaching.

Peace

I know one that is or at least was for me.. I drove an over the road trucker.. I was gone sometimes 4-6 week's at a time without being home.. Of course I loved driving and seeing different parts of the US..
I liked being home when I was there but I was just as happy on the road.. Wives that don't understand can be a problem as I found out..

GBB

He has acquired the best divorce attorney in New Orleans and will get what he wants in the decree outline, sad situation tho :(
Kids grown, 20+ years of marriage. It's 50/50 . The only conversation is settling who gets what 50% . If she's not employed she will/may get some alimony.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Kids grown, 20+ years of marriage. It's 50/50 . The only conversation is settling who gets what 50% . If she's not employed she will/may get some alimony.
In many states alimony is not paid if there are significant assets to be split. No dependent children so child support is not an issue. Question is, what is the definition of significant

In many states alimony is not paid if there are significant assets to be split. No dependent children so child support is not an issue. Question is, what is the definition of significant
She evidently is in pretty bad shape health wise, so l was just assuming she will have no income. I not a lawyer, but have been thru a divorce. My first wife was a stay at home mom and when she filed for divorce l was going to have to pay her lawyer. The rest is a long story, but it turned out ok for me. Caused a lot of issues down the road for the kids , but l had no choice.

Last edited:
She evidently is in pretty bad shape health wise, so l was just assuming she will have no income. I not a lawyer, but have been thru a divorce. My first wife was a stay at home mom and when she filed for divorce l was going to have to pay her lawyer. The rest is a long story, but it turned out ok for me. Caused a lot of issues down the road for the kids , but l had no choice.
I think the ability to work SOME kind of job, in the presence of significant assets, is a factor that precludes child support. No doubt a lawyer on here can expound on this.

I cannot think of a profession more challenging to marital life than coaching.

Peace
Lawyer, doctor, commercial airline pilot, Hollywood actor, special forces operator, long haul truck driver. Anyone who is away from home most of the time.

I can't speak to Coach Orgeron's social life. But marriage must be a mutual commitment that outlasts the highs and lows in life. Orgeron has been a journeyman coach for a long time. He got the HC job at LSU because their administration was unable to hire their top candidates for the job after Les Miles was fired. Orgeron hired a great staff, took a transfer QB from OH St, got lucky, and struck gold. Orgeron has never had it this good. Sometimes success is more difficult for a marriage than mediocrity, re: Andrew Cuomo, Teddy Kennedy, George Clooney, Jeff Bezos, Al Gore, Bobby Petrino.

Reactions: MemoirsOfZeus
I know one that is or at least was for me.. I drove an over the road trucker.. I was gone sometimes 4-6 week's at a time without being home.. Of course I loved driving and seeing different parts of the US..
I liked being home when I was there but I was just as happy on the road.. Wives that don't understand can be a problem as I found out..

GBB
That is a hard job, period. I appreciate you Ky grandpa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT