ADVERTISEMENT

Coach K and Duke

Mike-D

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 14, 2001
WADD
Has there ever been a more wholesome program and Coach combination? The dude just adapts. Cal is a slime ball, and ruined college basketball with this one and done crap. Coach K adapted to it, fine tuned it, and now accepts any player into the program. Multiple reclassifications in one season? No problem. The media is set for the slurp fest, and Duke is going 40-0 again. What a great day to be alive. Go get 'em you rat faced bastard.

Coach K turns 71 in February.

That’s what really matters. He has acted the choir boy, but recruited in the slums all the same, and has even been given media support as a result; and this, while reaping the harvest of his golden idol status to the tune of easy tournament roads and compliance officers turning a blind eye.

His reign is almost over, and it couldn’t come too soon.

Bottomline- the national media are hypocrites. Cal ruins college basketball. K is a genius for adapting. There are only two differences between the two: 1. K wasn't smart enough to do it in the first place. 2. K can't coach freshmen dominated teams like Cal can.
Write it down. Duke will not win the NCAA title this year.

And yet Coach K will go down as the GOAT, and Cal will not..... And that is how it should be. Your jealousy is showing again :)

And yet Coach K will go down as the GOAT, and Cal will not..... And that is how it should be. Your jealousy is showing again :)

I don't think it's jealousy. What really gets on peoples nerves is not so much Duke success as it is Duke and Coach K's favored and special treatment by NCAA. People are not stupid, they've seen it and it inspires hatred from other programs.

Or at least that's my beef. I do not dislike UNC, UCONN, Louisville for the same reason I dislike Duke

The way the media treats Mike Krzyzewski and Duke compared to the way it treats coach Cal and UK. It reminds me so much of the way the media treats liberal democrats as compared to conservative republicans. In other words UK and Cal, like conservative republicans are held to a higher standard than Krzyzewski and liberal democrats are. But then again that's the way it should be. Because UK, Cal and conseratives are far superior people.

I really can't wait to watch his inevitable decline. I hope Bagley's and the overall team's youth next year put him that much closer to retirement.

K wasn't smart enough to do it in the first place.

or I'd offer this...that K may have been smart enough (not necessarily the first) but dUKe maintained their strict academic standards and wouldn't let him...nevermind, I couldnt even finish it without laughing...:joy::joy:

The worst part is going to be listening to Vitale slurp them even more than he usually does. Are you serious, baby?

Dickie V live at Cameron Indoor next season.

blow-load-o.gif

Reactions: JerseyCat84
Bagley is an incredible get for K and Duke. Has to be a top 3 guy K has ever signed. On paper they look damn good going into this upcoming season. But this is the same program who last year had the preseason POY in trip boy Allen and were supposed to be better than our 38-1 squad. This year, trip boy is again preseason POY and they have a ton of hype around them. We'll see how K handles it. Or if they start losing some games and he needs "emergency" hip surgery or some s#it.

It just shows how desperate and afraid of Cal and UK that K is. I don't know how this coming season will go, but K is so worried and afraid what will happen to his legacy that he will do anything he can to try and stay relevant.
Folks are finally seeing what a facade it was and is that duke is about more than basketball.

Reactions: Blueaz
I don't think it's jealousy. What really gets on peoples nerves is not so much Duke success as it is Duke and Coach K's favored and special treatment by NCAA. People are not stupid, they've seen it and it inspires hatred from other programs.
Bingo. Duke's been given a lot and had to earn very little. They're the trust fund kid of basketball programs.
Or at least that's my beef. I do not dislike UNC, UCONN, Louisville for the same reason I dislike Duke

It just shows how desperate and afraid of Cal and UK that K is. I don't know how this coming season will go, but K is so worried and afraid what will happen to his legacy that he will do anything he can to try and stay relevant.
Folks are finally seeing what a facade it was and is that duke is about more than basketball.

Why is he afraid of Cal? Last time I looked UNC has been in the National Championship game two years in a row. Duke and Kentucky sat at home sewing recruiting Championship banners. Maybe he's trying to keep up with Roy?

Sucks to say it but It is what it is. The Holes have gotten the last laugh on Duke and Kentucky of late. ( I guess a little solace is K keeps owning Roy in head to head matches much like Cal does Pitino.)

Why is he afraid of Cal? Last time I looked UNC has been in the National Championship game two years in a row. Duke and Kentucky sat at home sewing recruiting Championship banners. Maybe he's trying to keep up with Roy?

Sucks to say it but It is what it is. The Holes have gotten the last laugh on Duke and Kentucky of late. ( I guess a little solace is K keeps owning Roy in head to head matches much like Cal does Pitino.)

Not sure anyone is trying to keep up with Roy as he can barely make it on to the court without getting lightheaded and the entire college basketball world knows he lures recruits to his program by offering them classes like Coloring Book 101 and Intro to Playing with Blocks. He holds kids back for his own personal gain (i.e. Harrison Barnes) and has a scandal that could very well crumble the UNC basketball program. I'd rather be UK or Duke than UNC at this point.

The way the media treats Mike Krzyzewski and Duke compared to the way it treats coach Cal and UK. It reminds me so much of the way the media treats liberal democrats as compared to conservative republicans. In other words UK and Cal, like conservative republicans are held to a higher standard than Krzyzewski and liberal democrats are. But then again that's the way it should be. Because UK, Cal and conseratives are far superior people.

What exactly is Cal superior than K at? Winning titles? Nope.

Recruiting? Pretty even there as they have gone back and forth with #1 classes.

Having the respect of his coaching peers? Not a chance in hell, as even though K beats the other top coaches in every facet of the game, they still respect him. That can't be said about Cal.

Putting kids in the league? Cal used to have the advantage but that's evening out.

There isn't one thing that Cal does better than K. Just accept it and move on. You've got a top 5 coach but he's not in K's league and never has been.

Having the respect of his coaching peers? Not a chance in hell, as even though K beats the other top coaches in every facet of the game, they still respect him. That can't be said about Cal.

Putting kids in the league? Cal used to have the advantage but that's evening out.

There isn't one thing that Cal does better than K. Just accept it and move on. You've got a top 5 coach but he's not in K's league and never has been.
Must be zipp's new acct

No it's not

Hey son I know you've got an inferiority complex when it comes to UK., & rightly so. I mean hell we've had as many coaches win national championships as you guys have national championships overall. And something else. You give Calipari as many years at UK as that decrepit old P.O.S. you call a coach down there at Duke has had. Then tell us what you think. Cal will smash every record ratface could ever think about owning.

I have a friend here in Florida that is a retired college BB official. He has done final 4's, national championships etc. HE TOLD ME, K is the nastiest, most hateful bastard in coaching. Said his nice guy image is for the press only. He said K talks to, and treats officials like dogs. Said he calls them every name in the book

I have a friend here in Florida that is a retired college BB official. He has done final 4's, national championships etc. HE TOLD ME, K is the nastiest, most hateful bastard in coaching. Said his nice guy image is for the press only. He said K talks to, and treats officials like dogs. Said he calls them every name in the book

Do saints and angels do that?

Who would've known?!

You know why. This kid has been to 3 schools in 3 years and he can reclassify and get into duke with 2 weeks left until school starts? Gimme a break. He carried the "We are about more than basketball" banner around for decades. Now, since Cal is owning recruiting, his holy standards have changed. His team flopped (pun intended) last year with 3 1st round picks and he sees the class Cal has. Scared is right.

Bottomline- the national media are hypocrites. Cal ruins college basketball. K is a genius for adapting. There are only two differences between the two: 1. K wasn't smart enough to do it in the first place. 2. K can't coach freshmen dominated teams like Cal can.
Write it down. Duke will not win the NCAA title this year.
Yes, I agree. I don't think Duke will win. Too many egos and an old coach stuck in his ways. You have to wonder, at 71, if K doesn't win with this group, how much longer he will stay.

You know why. This kid has been to 3 schools in 3 years and he can reclassify and get into duke with 2 weeks left until school starts? Gimme a break. He carried the "We are about more than basketball" banner around for decades. Now, since Cal is owning recruiting, his holy standards have changed. His team flopped (pun intended) last year with 3 1st round picks and he sees the class Cal has. Scared is right.

I think I'd rather own the NCAA Tournament.
Cal and K load up on talent every year, like this is some shocker? Obviously that doesn't translate into National Titles for either team. And I bet it won't in 2017-18 either..

I think I'd rather own the NCAA Tournament.
Cal and K load up on talent every year, like this is some shocker? Obviously that doesn't translate into National Titles for either team. And I bet it won't in 2017-18 either..
You know exactly what this is. Just means they have stopped pretending to be about all this holier than thou stuff they used to spew out ad nauseum.
It will be amazing how easily he gets cleared.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT