ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Hall spoke to me in a Dream last night - he said

Nov 18, 2011
1 3 1. That was it and he was always preaching it to Cal. Our team is built for the 1 3 1.

Here's what AI said about the 1 3 1:

The 1-3-1 zone defense is a basketball defensive strategy that aims to create turnovers. It's an aggressive defense that uses cutting off passing lanes, anticipation, and deflections to create turnovers and fast break opportunities.

Our guys just aren't any good in man. Shep loves to cut off passing lanes. Put DJ / Rob in the chaser out front, Thiero - Edwards sharing time in the back as the tractor. I'ld put Trey in the middle controlling the lane, our most experienced and strong IQ. Then you can use Hall's twin tower approach with our 7 footers on the wings from time to time.

Much easier to learn, fits our team, still aggressive trying to get turnovers, hard to drive on and lots of rim protection and long rebounding options. A zone that can work with our tempo.

Something needs to be done cuz the matador defense is killing them. We've goy ttoo much talent for a defense this bad.

I'm waiting to see if Cal is on the radio pre-game and post game. If he isn't I imagine he's starting to work on an exit strategy.

Cal won't be fired. I just don't see it.

There's way too much tension between him and us fans for it to continue as it is.

I think he said you shouldn't drink so much before going to bed. I think you just misunderstood.

1 3 1. That was it and he was always preaching it to Cal. Our team is built for the 1 3 1.

The 1-3-1 zone defense is a basketball defensive strategy that aims to create turnovers. It's an aggressive defense that uses cutting off passing lanes, anticipation, and deflections to create turnovers and fast break opportunities.

Our guys just aren't any good in man. Shep loves to cut off passing lanes. Put DJ / Rob in the chaser out front, Thiero - Edwards sharing time in the back as the tractor. I'ld put Trey in the middle controlling the lane, our most experienced and strong IQ. Then you can use Hall's twin tower approach with our 7 footers on the wings from time to time.

Much easier to learn, fits our team, still aggressive trying to get turnovers, hard to drive on and lots of rim protection and long rebounding options. A zone that can work with our tempo.

Something needs to be done cuz the matador defense is killing them. We've goy ttoo much talent for a defense this bad.
Did he mention “defensive intensity” and “weak-side help” … ?? I always remember him talking about those two (2) things in interviews.

I guess he's admitting that Jim Boeheim is much smarter than he is.
Boeheim never came out of a zone, just like Cal never comes off man...a smart coach changes his defense and traps when needed, all based on your opponent and particular situation.

Being one dimensional gets your ass kicked if you don't have overwhelming speed, athleticism and length to recover.

Boeheim never came out of a zone, just like Cal never comes off man...a smart coach changes his defense and traps when needed, all based on your opponent and particular situation.

Being one dimensional gets your ass kicked if you don't have overwhelming speed, athleticism and length to recover.
Bobby Knight never played zone … fwiw.
I am an advocate of mixing in zone to change defensive looks.

Dude I hope you bought a Pick3 Ticket - he might have been telling you to play these numbers

Actually it has been suggested by somebody who knows that UK will finally use some zone tonight.

Bobby Knight never played zone … fwiw
and the game passed him by as well...

pSNcpBU.jpeg

Reactions: Big Blue in 502
Hall. One of the 2 UK BB coaches since Johnny Mauer who left on his own terms.

Tough job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT