ADVERTISEMENT

Clarke In A Walking Boot.

I don’t think Boston and Clarke play well together. At least I don’t think you can have both on the court at the same time. I like what Askew and Mintz showed against UNC. Allen May finally get clock for depth reasons.
This may turn Out to be a good thing.

Put Mintz at PG. It’s a gamble to put a 5th year Senior with experience playing at that position (at a high D-1 level) in as the starter, but it just might work. Probably won’t get up to our usual turnover numbers, but you have to sacrifice something in this situation.:)

And I actually like the idea of Clarke and BJ not being on the floor at the same time.. Sucks for Clarke, but that's 30 minutes, which were just "handed" to Clarke on no basis other than his ranking.. and those minutes will be spread out elsewhere.. Mintz/Askew/maybe Allen? And on the other end, maybe more for Ware.. might even trickle down to Jackson and Sarr.

And I actually like the idea of Clarke and BJ not being on the floor at the same time.. Sucks for Clarke, but that's 30 minutes, which were just "handed" to Clarke on no basis other than his ranking.. and those minutes will be spread out elsewhere.. Mintz/Askew/maybe Allen? And on the other end, maybe more for Ware.. might even trickle down to Jackson and Sarr.
How will Cal explain Allen not getting minutes now?

How will Cal explain Allen not getting minutes now?

I have no idea. He said he was going to play him more in his podcast/radio call this week. Let's see. I don't like the Allen-not-playing situation, just like everyone else. I don't know why he's not in there. And i'd rather sacrafice a bit of defense (if that's even true) so we can get some offense going. Allen hitting shots and not turning it over actually HELPS us on defense when it's not a fast break and we can set up our D.

I have no idea. He said he was going to play him more in his podcast/radio call this week. Let's see. I don't like the Allen-not-playing situation, just like everyone else. I don't know why he's not in there. And i'd rather sacrafice a bit of defense (if that's even true) so we can get some offense going. Allen hitting shots and not turning it over actually HELPS us on defense when it's not a fast break and we can set up our D.

Cal will play Allen against Louisville because this is a must win game for him or he loses the only support bloc he’s got left. I don’t know why people care so much, as Louisville is not a big deal. It really doesn’t mean anything at all.

Cal doesn’t want to “give in” to what people want. He knows we want to see Allen play. I wouldn’t doubt the boot being precautionary and Cal goijg along with it to play Allen but also not be seen as giving in to fan demands.

Well if we lose you can bet on the “We didn’t have Clarke excuse”. So i think he’s more important than you think, turnovers and all.

“When you’re young and are limited due to injuries games like this happen. I told my kids, you have to work through it. This is what we’re gonna do. This is what we’re not gonna do. I’m just trying to have fun with this.”

“well we used this as an opportunity to get Askew ready. I’ve got to allow him to miss shots. Allen needs to stay ready”
Similar to what Eddie Sutton used to say about Richie Farmer. In other words it means, "you may get in if we're ahead by 20 points".

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
1-6 by Sunday.

But we need to be "objective" and let this thing play itself out - says roughly 10-15% of you who pride yourself on being smarter and less irrational than the rest of us.

Oh yeah, and we might become Indiana or something like that...
I would say the 10 to 15 % that you referenced is irrational. I actually believe that 85 to 90% are smarter than you.

• Haha
Reactions: MbergCat
Realize that it was lost in the $hit show that was 2nd half of UNC game, but Clarke was injured on that drive to basket where ankle turned and official called a charge (as if you have a choice of where you land when you go up after rolling an ankle) on him. This isn't any opt out, etc...and of all the incoming guys--Clarke was offered and courted by NBA G-League group and turned them down. He's not running from anything. He's not playing great, but when you are 1-5 few are.

I would say the 10 to 15 % that you referenced is irrational. I actually believe that 85 to 90% are smarter than you.

Perhaps, but as for you - you've absolutely failed to make any impression on this message board whatsoever.

I can't recall one post you've ever made that stood out as remotely recognizable.

Last edited:
I like MIntz but Clarke is a much more skilled player. I get the turnover complaint, but if Mintz or Askew could adequately play point, Clarke would not have to run the offense as much. He will get better.
Athletic, yes but I don’t think he’s more skilled.

Reactions: G-PIP
Realize that it was lost in the $hit show that was 2nd half of UNC game, but Clarke was injured on that drive to basket where ankle turned and official called a charge (as if you have a choice of where you land when you go up after rolling an ankle) on him. This isn't any opt out, etc...and of all the incoming guys--Clarke was offered and courted by NBA G-League group and turned them down. He's not running from anything. He's not playing great, but when you are 1-5 few are.
Same thing I was going to say. I hope people really aren't serious about Clarke not wanting to play or opting out because like you mentioned he clearly came down badly on his ankle and then tried to go again after that which he did. He actually came up limping twice in the game. Ant time a guy gets injured they are going to put him in a boot to be cautious.

Now Brooks is another story. I don't get that one. I mean I realize he was hurt, but then he's shown in practices dunking weeks ago. That is a strange situation, not Clarke.

Good Lord. Keep that info on the down-low. I’d like to get Louisville at -3 or below.

Perhaps, but as for you - you've absolutely failed to make any impression on this message board whatsoever.

I can't recall one post you've ever made that stood out as remotely recognizable.
Do you spend a lot of time evaluating posts made on this board. This board really needs a Quality Control person like yourself. Thank you for your service.

Reactions: Girthang
Brooks doesn’t look good either.
full-body-cast-traction.jpg

Put Mintz at PG. It’s a gamble to put a 5th year Senior with experience playing at that position (at a high D-1 level) in as the starter, but it just might work. Probably won’t get up to our usual turnover numbers, but you have to sacrifice something in this situation.:)

RIGHT?! lmmfao.... it's a fkn twilight zone episode ffs

I don’t mind Clark at all , he’s turned it over some but plays hard and with some emotion and toughness .. had it been our weakest link setting out ( Boston ) I’d felt much better about Sat ..
but we all know Cal is going to play Boston until he’ll freezes over .. every year we have favorites .

Did Cal call Gruden for personnel advice?

Chucky says- "Yeah, you wanna move thaat guy to the point.guard.position, when he's never played there in his life. Look how it's working for us with Lynn BOWW-den. Take it from me..."

PS ... now on the biggest rivalry game we have Cal will insert Allen .. he gets one chance at helping or it’s buried forever

Did Cal call Gruden for personnel advice?

Chucky says- "Yeah, you wanna move thaat guy to the point.guard.position, when he's never played there in his life. Look how it's working for us with Lynn BOWW-den. Take it from me..."

I loved him trying to kick a 65-yard FG at the end of regulation last Thursday. Comical.

Reactions: Girthang
I would love it if we could work with all of our players to teach them about the game, and to play better at the positions they were already "ok." Maybe we could give them game reps and allow them to play through their mistakes. . Then, we could at the same time teach them to play together as one unit.

We could call that first part "coaching" and that second part, where they play together as one unit, we could call that a "team," and maybe give meaningful time to everyone ON scholarship, so they'd be ready if one of the guys is somehow hurt....

I know, but I'm just spitballing cause I think just playing half of our players is setting us up for a result we might not want. Kind of like failing ...sort of.

Maybe if we paid these "coaches" a decent wage, then they could focus better on teaching players stuff, so they wouldn't have to yell and scream at them because they were tired from working a side job or thinking about anything other than making the players better.

I loved him trying to kick a 65-yard FG at the end of regulation last Thursday. Comical.

Surprised he didn't have his Center try the kick so it would at least go down the middle.

"Who cares if he's never kickt. You see the legss on that guy?!"

Reactions: PBJUK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT