ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Dynamite for this evening...

New AEW Champion Jon Moxley to appear.
AEW TBS Champion Mercedes Mone vs. Queen Aminata.
The Elite - Kazuchika Okada & The Young Bucks vs. Orange Cassidy & Kyle O'Reilly & Rocky Romero
Lio Rush vs. Shelton Benjamin with MVP.
Jay White vs Christian Cage.
FTR vs. Big Bill & Bryan Keith.
Adam Cole returns.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeraldV
Apparently the Takeshita isn't happening so I deleted that part. It was a fake graphic that looked like it was from AEW that lots of people, including myself, thought was true.

Adam Cole finding success in pro wrestling despite being his size and having no muscle is really hard to comprehend. Growing up, guys had to have a look, be muscular or if you were smaller, you had to be a high flyer or something and even those guys were jacked (they called Bret, Eddie, HBK, and Benoit small).

Cole is like your waiter at Cheesecake Factory being booked as a big star.

Cole's always been one of my favorite wrestlers but yeah maybe a little more working out and less video gaming. Or even cut the hair or something.

The potential is there with the Moxley group, not sure that I have faith in TK to make it work.

Enjoyed a lot of Dynamite last night, still waiting on them to explain how Cole is the good guy and MJF the bad guy. Maybe Bob Backlund can come out and say, "Adam Cole, he's good now." Hey it worked with Hulk Hogan 40 years ago.

Shelton Benjamin is still awesome.

Meant to post this yesterday, Uncle Dave talking about NXT's big ratings drop from Tuesday night. We'll see what Dynamite gets.

Shelton is so good that it became a detriment to his direction. I think he never got his fair shot because he was too good at helping others become great. There is no doubt that he could've led the company.......but Vince.

No one should be surprised a match like that goes long. Can't have a BANGER in six minutes and all talent must be booked as nearly equal. Swerve could have a match with a dipshit from ROH or Rampage and it's going at least 14 minutes, with picture and picture breaks, and the offense will be 55/45. Why? Because we must raise up all talent in the ring so us fans can compliment both competitors on a hard fought match well done.

(I can't wait to see Bobby Lashley booked this way against someone the size of a Funko Pop)

Shelton is so good that it became a detriment to his direction. I think he never got his fair shot because he was too good at helping others become great. There is no doubt that he could've led the company.......but Vince.
To be fair it seemed like he was always in tag teams (Charlie hass) or stables and lacked the mic work but always was a great wrestler - didn’t he tag with Brock in ovw.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT