ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Coming off their biggest show of the year I was expecting more of a "Raw after Wrestlemania" kind of show, didn't happen.
Sure Jack Perry will get booed out of the building in Chicago but of all the people on the roster that's who gets the first title shot.

Maybe the Moxley thing goes somewhere interesting but that didn't do it for me. There had been talk of Shafir joining the BCC but again that's kind of MEH.
C-E-NO

Three things I did like were Swerve and Hangman, MJF and Garcia and of course Mariah May.
Raw after after WrestleMania two years ago, which is the last time I actually watched a weekly WWE show, was quite possibly the worst three hours of TV I ever watched and I watched the Joker Phillips era of Kentucky football.

So hard pass on AEW pulling off a Raw after WrestleMania type show.

Last edited:
They could have maybe done that but instead they ended the show with Marina Shafir and then Jack Perry.

Just seemed like a missed opportunity to not end the show on a whimper - no one thinks Perry is beating Danielson.
No one is beating Danielson in two weeks for the title. Not Swerve, Hangman, MJF, Ospreay, Samoa Joe, Jay White, Christian, Darby, Omega, Okada, and not even God himself.

I don't hate her and to be honest I generally skip through any women's match because I just don't find them entertaining. It isn't because I am sexist because I skip a lot of men's wrestlers that I don't find entertaining like AOP, Omos, The Acclaimed or Orange Cassidy.
Skipping thru a match simply because of the gender is the definition of sexism lol.

I knew someone within AEW would bring up WWE/Speed. And it took hours, not days or weeks but hours. WWE does it vaguely so if you know, you know. Guys in AEW are like WWE NXT SPEED VINCE TRIPLE H NICK KHAN. Ricochet will be much happier in AEW though.

RIP Sid. One of my childhood favs and I marked out when he came back to take out Slater.

Baker seems average to me. Maybe she's improved, I haven't kept up with her career that closely, but she was the star of a mediocre division which has gotten much better in her nine month absence. She comes back and immediately gets heat backstage while shit talking the two brightest stars they've got.
Baker sucks. I was looking at the women’s roster on Wikipedia the other day ago thinking about where she would rank in there in terms as an in-ring talent. I could count on one hand the number that are worse than her and two or three of them I only counted because it’s been damn long since I’ve seen them do anything but get squashed that I just gave Britt the benefit of the doubt.

And she’s come back to a division where not only ha the in-ring gotten even better since she was last around, the overall star power has increased and the promo work and presentation of the women has vastly improved. The rest of the field has either significantly closed the gap with her in the non-in-ring part or completely eclipsed her while pairing it with superior wrestling ability.

AEW weekly tv usually misses the mark. I don't know how or why you'd bring Shane in but let's say it happens. Let's even say Moxley is the one who brings him in as some sort of nWo style powergrab. And let's forget that that just failed miserably with The Elite and Perry storyline. The ending segment could've been Danielson continuing his celebration from Sunday as TK comes out and gushes over him, saying BD is the heart and soul of AEW. Out walks Moxley to no music. He looks at TK, says "this isn't your company anymore." and walks out as the show goes off the air. Next week, we get Moxley aligned with Shane and maybe Lashley and Wardlow. The storyline may fail but that would have me intrigued. Instead, Moxley said his line to Schiavone of all people and we ended the night with Jack "The Pencil" Perry on top of the world.

Reactions: Wesley91581
If we get the privilege of Ricochet vs Hologram that would be incredible.
People like to throw around dream match a lot but I would drop the $50 full price for an AEW PPV with nothing but that match alone announced. Obviously we all know Ricochet is a stud in the ring when he gets the opportunity, but I have been really impressed with Hologram’s wrestling abilities.

But they need to start doing some story, gimmick, and character work with Hologram at some point. Even in AEW now you can only get by so far on just being a moves guy.

AEW weekly tv usually misses the mark. I don't know how or why you'd bring Shane in but let's say it happens. Let's even say Moxley is the one who brings him in as some sort of nWo style powergrab. And let's forget that that just failed miserably with The Elite and Perry storyline. The ending segment could've been Danielson continuing his celebration from Sunday as TK comes out and gushes over him, saying BD is the heart and soul of AEW. Out walks Moxley to no music. He looks at TK, says "this isn't your company anymore." and walks out as the show goes off the air. Next week, we get Moxley aligned with Shane and maybe Lashley and Wardlow. The storyline may fail but that would have me intrigued. Instead, Moxley said his line to Schiavone of all people and we ended the night with Jack "The Pencil" Perry on top of the world.
Under no circumstances do we need TK on TV unless he is making an announcement, and even then I could name at bare minimum at least 20 people in that company who are better suited to make an announcement on TV than TK.

Under no circumstances do we need TK on TV unless he is making an announcement, and even then I could name at bare minimum at least 20 people in that company who are better suited to make an announcement on TV than TK.
I agree but even the announcements have gotten stale. I think we're getting Shane soon and why else would Moxley say what he said? I'd rather have no more takeovers and bosses vs talent stories because it's been beaten to death but why would Shane be brought in? If it happens, we're getting Tony Khan in the same ring with a McMahon. He thinks he's a much more successful Eric Bischoff and he likely believes adding a McMahon to AEW would break the internet. Would I trust it to be successful? No. But I'd be intrigued if Mox aligned himself with Shane and a couple badasses. Guess I'm having Shield flashbacks or something.

No one is beating Danielson in two weeks for the title. Not Swerve, Hangman, MJF, Ospreay, Samoa Joe, Jay White, Christian, Darby, Omega, Okada, and not even God himself.
Uncle Dave disagrees

Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer, spoke briefly this week about AEW considering giving Darby Allin the AEW World Championship sometime in the near future:

“Nobody expects a long run from Bryan, but one month feels too short. We’ve heard talk of Darby getting a run as champion, no matter who wins. We know it’s been talked about seriously, but when, is a bit less clear.”

Allin is set to compete against the World Heavyweight Champion at the AEW “Dynamite: Grand Slam” event on Wednesday, September 25, 2024 in Queens, NY.

Baker sucks. I was looking at the women’s roster on Wikipedia the other day ago thinking about where she would rank in there in terms as an in-ring talent. I could count on one hand the number that are worse than her and two or three of them I only counted because it’s been damn long since I’ve seen them do anything but get squashed that I just gave Britt the benefit of the doubt.

And she’s come back to a division where not only ha the in-ring gotten even better since she was last around, the overall star power has increased and the promo work and presentation of the women has vastly improved. The rest of the field has either significantly closed the gap with her in the non-in-ring part or completely eclipsed her while pairing it with superior wrestling ability.
I do agree she is down a few pegs now given the amount of women signed in the last year has been a decent amount paired with the ones just coming back like Jamie hayter.

Reactions: GeraldV
I agree but even the announcements have gotten stale. I think we're getting Shane soon and why else would Moxley say what he said? I'd rather have no more takeovers and bosses vs talent stories because it's been beaten to death but why would Shane be brought in? If it happens, we're getting Tony Khan in the same ring with a McMahon. He thinks he's a much more successful Eric Bischoff and he likely believes adding a McMahon to AEW would break the internet. Would I trust it to be successful? No. But I'd be intrigued if Mox aligned himself with Shane and a couple badasses. Guess I'm having Shield flashbacks or something.
Based on Mox’s “new” music, which is just his death rider music he uses in New Japan and on the indies, and his alignment with Marina Shafir, my theory is that he is going to be doing some sort of shoot wrestling/Bloodsport style faction that is going to try to kick everyone’s ass.

That Wrestling Revolver promotion he is aligned with in some fashion debuted a Fight Club show this weekend that was all shoot wrestling and he was there for that in a non-participant fashion. All the matches for it are listed as “No Ropes Caged Combat” matches.

Shafir has been one of the AEW wrestlers that’s been a frequent in Bloodsport and she has an MMA background. She also was a participant in the Fight Club show

Could definitely see Lashley and MVP becoming part of that stable if that’s what they are going with.

Shane O Mac may join AEW but don’t see him being associated with whatever Moxley is cooking up.

Uncle Dave disagrees

Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer, spoke briefly this week about AEW considering giving Darby Allin the AEW World Championship sometime in the near future:

“Nobody expects a long run from Bryan, but one month feels too short. We’ve heard talk of Darby getting a run as champion, no matter who wins. We know it’s been talked about seriously, but when, is a bit less clear.”

Allin is set to compete against the World Heavyweight Champion at the AEW “Dynamite: Grand Slam” event on Wednesday, September 25, 2024 in Queens, NY.
Dave also reported a guy died the other week ago when he wasn’t dead.

Based on Mox’s “new” music, which is just his death rider music he uses in New Japan and on the indies, and his alignment with Marina Shafir, my theory is that he is going to be doing some sort of shoot wrestling/Bloodsport style faction that is going to try to kick everyone’s ass.

That Wrestling Revolver promotion he is aligned with in some fashion debuted a Fight Club show this weekend that was all shoot wrestling and he was there for that in a non-participant fashion. All the matches for it are listed as “No Ropes Caged Combat” matches.

Shafir has been one of the AEW wrestlers that’s been a frequent in Bloodsport and she has an MMA background. She also was a participant in the Fight Club show

Could definitely see Lashley and MVP becoming part of that stable if that’s what they are going with.

Shane O Mac may join AEW but don’t see him being associated with whatever Moxley is cooking up.
Isn’t that what the blackpool combat club was supposed to be? So he’s basically just doing a carbon copy of that and moving the deck chairs around with no explanation other than he’s bringing people from outside the company?

Hes just going to replicate women’s group that debuted last year as the outcasts (Paige/ruby/storm)?

I do agree she is down a few pegs now given the amount of women signed in the last year has been a decent amount paired with the ones just coming back like Jamie hayter.
Britt is like one of those basketball players that excelled at some mid major then transfers to a major basketball school like Kentucky and overnight just don’t look like that good of a player.

The basketball player likely didn’t actually become a worse basketball player when looking at their skill set in isolation, he just looks worse in comparison to the much higher caliber talent.

Reactions: GeraldV
Isn’t that what the blackpool combat club was supposed to be? So he’s basically just doing a carbon copy of that and moving the deck chairs around with no explanation other than he’s bringing people from outside the company?

Hes just going to replicate women’s group that debuted last year as the outcasts (Paige/ruby/storm)?
BCC was never intended to be some shoot wrestling group. Danielson, Claudio, and then eventually Yuta have never done that MMA/boxing or shoot wrestling stuff.

Reactions: Wesley91581
I said I also skip through men's matches. I am an equal opportunity skipper if they are a sucky wrestler. It's kind of like how I skip your post because you are a sucky poster.
If you skip thru watching something because of it's gender then that's sexism. Facts don't care about your feelings.

If you skip thru watching something because of it's gender then that's sexism.
I know you are just trolling now. I know people who rode the short bus to school and they would understand what I have said repeatedly that I skip all sucky matches no matter if it's male or female. If they don't want me skipping their match then get better. If you don't want me skipping your sucky post then get better and quit being a one trick AEW pony.

I know you are just trolling now. I know people who rode the short bus to school and they would understand what I have said repeatedly that I skip all sucky matches no matter if it's male or female. If they don't want me skipping their match then get better. If you don't want me skipping your sucky post then get better and quit being a one trick AEW pony.
What makes you think I care if you read my posts or not? You're just some loser sexist on the internet. The less I care about a person like you the better my life is!

Uncle Dave disagrees

Darby as the World Heavyweight Champ is a hard sell for me. I like for my champs to weigh more than the belt they are wearing.

What makes you think I care if you read my posts or not? You're just some loser sexist on the internet. The less I care about a person like you the better my life is!
Then block me and you will never have to see my non sexist comments again.
Will Ferrell Comedy GIF by filmeditor

Interesting response, I thought you skipped all my posts? 🤣

This is Creed Bratton every time he looks in the mirror

RKKGY6.gif
I do ignore your nonsense unless you quote me. I guess you just like the attention but you will no longer get it from me. If you won't block me then I will do the honors. You add nothing to any discussion other than bickering and fighting. You are less entertaining than a Nia Jax match.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT