ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

I’m pretty sure no one knows in advance a record is going to be broken.
And it’s just WNBA. And I doubt there is much overlap in those 2 viewerships.
That’s what makes it all the more baffling that he used that line - uncle Dave literally makes a different excuse every week for the struggling ratings

I can't sleep so I'll dive into this.

There's a lot of hand-holding between AEW and wrestling media. I think it's because we know there needs to be more than just WWE and TNA so they're going to prop up the new kid even if he's bug-eyed drunk off Yoo-hoo. Watch when the WBD deal is announced. The media heads will make it seem bigger than any recent WWE deal when we all assumed AEW was fairly stable. AEW on TUBI was an online joke, no one really thought they were going to collapse.

After the first republican debate, Dynamite got a low rating and SRS blamed politics. AEW's audience skews younger and more progressive. I'm sorry but the audience who brings Trans Rights signs to a wrestling show is not switching from AEW to a republican debate to watch Haley and DeSantis square off for second place lol. Meltzer brought up a new demo range to give AEW the edge recently when NXT beat Dynamite in the normal demo. That's weird, twisting yourself into a pretzel type shit.

Dynamite is slowly trending in the right direction, which is needed. It took two PPV quality matches and their two best going an hour to hit 795K. A year ago, 795K would've been considered mediocre. Two years ago, dreadful. Now? Dave is in the streets with a trumpet up his ass farting 'Wild Thing' and yelling "Whose House?!?!" for an average number below 800K.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT