ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Anyone think Jade Cargill is the female version of Ahmed Johnson 25 years later? She sure has the look like he did but I'm starting to wonder if she can wrestle a lick. It's the only reason I can think of that they would have her in a tag team with Belair. She can come in and do the giant spots to look good in a tag match but I wonder if she can carry a match. I'm just not sure why they would introduce her, do nothing with her for months and then put her in a tag team. It's seems to me if they had any confidence in her she'd be on her own.

Ahmed might be a good comparison. Jade is 32. For her to show significant improvement, she'd have to be in NXT for 2-3 years and that means taking occasional losses to women who might be more talented but look like Alexa Bliss (small cheerleader types). That'd hurt her aura. She already looks like she can rip your head off and with WWE's presentation, that's good enough to get fans excited and get her on the main roster. Bianca can help hide some of her flaws and you hope for the next several months she's working with Jade and they're not just posing together. We're likely getting Jade vs Bianca next year and while it won't be a 4 star match, people will be into it and it'll have a couple memorable spots. She looks like a badass and is presented as such.

As someone that appreciates cool venues to see events, I'd love to see pretty much anything at the UFC Apex place the NXT PLE is happening at.

Anyone think Jade Cargill is the female version of Ahmed Johnson 25 years later? She sure has the look like he did but I'm starting to wonder if she can wrestle a lick. It's the only reason I can think of that they would have her in a tag team with Belair. She can come in and do the giant spots to look good in a tag match but I wonder if she can carry a match. I'm just not sure why they would introduce her, do nothing with her for months and then put her in a tag team. It's seems to me if they had any confidence in her she'd be on her own.
She can’t carry a match, that’s why they basically immediately put her in a tag team. She’s all aura, no substance

I sorta forgot Dana Brooke existed
TNA and WWE should have agreed to have Killer Kelly or Masha Slamovich show up instead.

Infinitely better talents, who TNA should want to get the rub more than some WWE flunkie. Not that it will do anything for TNA’s tv ratings but alas it would be better.

Then WWE gets the opportunity to get in the good graces with these two talents when they try to sign them when they become a free agent.

Essentially a win-win for both involved.

Alas no one is going to be like “oh shit Dana Brooke is in TNA I have to watch that!” and there’s no way WWE could be possibly interested in using her in NXT at this point.

Last edited:
WWE apparently not content enough with how much they’ve watered down the Bloodline, so let’s bring in another mediocre Polynesian from New Japan

TNA and WWE should have agreed to have Killer Kelly or Masha Slamovich show up instead.

Infinitely better talents, who TNA should want to get the rub more than some WWE flunkie. Not that it will do anything for TNA’s tv ratings but alas it would be better.

Then WWE gets the opportunity to get in the good graces with these two talents when they try to sign them when they become a free agent.

Essentially a win-win for both involved.

Alas no one is going to be like “oh shit Dana Brooke is in TNA I have to watch that!” and there’s no way WWE could be possibly interested in using her in NXT at this point.
Tell us more

Sounds like Ethan Page did not have a good performance last night at NXT BAttleground. That's a bit disappointing, he had some good matches in AEW, but he's also not the ring general type. Going up against Trick wasn't the best first match for him given how green everyone says Trick is in the ring.

Reactions: GeraldV
Sounds like Ethan Page did not have a good performance last night at NXT BAttleground. That's a bit disappointing, he had some good matches in AEW, but he's also not the ring general type. Going up against Trick wasn't the best first match for him given how green everyone says Trick is in the ring.
I read that as well. I hate that for Ethan as he has always seemed like a really good guy. He can talk and has the look, but I hate to hear about a poor performance from him.

List of SOME things in wrestling that are stupid or annoy me :

Ref getting knocked out and guy pins the other wrestler to no success then loses after ref regains composure.

Ref doing the quick count for the face to win

The guy "from parts unknown".

Wrestler with a mask that would be very easy to take off and disclose the hidden identity. Or actually having a mask to begin with, why ?

One guy entering the ring with 5 guys in it. Why not bring your posse with you ?

Contract signings in the ring. You know what is coming

Heels having to cheat to win but when they turn face, they get super powers and no longer have to cheat.

Kicking out of finishing moves 4 or 5 times

Super powers, example when Kane would lower his arms and fire would shoot from the turnbuckles.

Mixed tag matches

Having the Ole "foreign object" but hitting the opponent in the mid section or anywhere but the head. (Triple H sledgehammer)

Cartoonish characters

190 lbs. guy being "Heavyweight" Champion

Loser leave town match (A sign that when a wrestler was moving to a different organization or he would come back under a mask)

Feel free to add on.
WHAT?

I want to rip off my ears and then take Triple H's sledgehammer and beat the crowd in the mid section every time I hear it.

I read that as well. I hate that for Ethan as he has always seemed like a really good guy. He can talk and has the look, but I hate to hear about a poor performance from him.
Yeah it's disappointing but not surprising. They should have made his first match against a ring general type that can carry a match, if NXT even has one now after all the call ups, or let him get in some squash matches to establish him first. Having your debut match being a poor to mediocre performance against the champ isn't the kind of start you want for your new "big" signing.

But it wasn't surprising. His AEW match catalog isn't exactly filled with many high quality bouts. The three singles standout matches were against Darby, Danielson, and Omega, and if you have a bad match against them then you have to be a really shitty wrestler.

There's a reason why TNA largely used him as a tag team guy - Josh Alexander always carried the team in matches because he wasn't good on the mic while Ethan Page had to carry them on the mic.

I don't know why but every time I see Brian Cage I think he has the Road Warrior vibes going on. He should find another guy to be Hawk to his Animal and revamp the Road Warriors.
That brief run he had teaming with Big Bill was good. Don't get why they broke it up. Put them with a manager who can talk and they could have had something going there.

What up everyone?? Miss me?? Yeah don't answer that. Was on vacation in Canada last week and didn't get a chance to see much in the wrestling world.
Ricochet in AEW would get some really good matches for sure. Hopefully Tony doesn't forget about him after a few months.
Speaking of Tony the fact he has no intentions of changing his booking means AEW's ratings probably aren't going to improve.
I did crack up at someone calling Solo, Tama and Tonga the "Dollar Store Bloodline."
Anyone still chanting "What" in 2024 should be subject to ejection from the arena.
Did anyone catch the first episode of "Who Killed WCW?" Have it recorded but haven't had a chance to watch yet.

Reactions: AmericanDragon
Did anyone catch the first episode of "Who Killed WCW?" Have it recorded but haven't had a chance to watch yet.
Yeah I watched it. Nothing new is learned because this is a subject that has been beaten to death for a decade+ at this point.

We all know it was a combination of different constituents like Bischoff, Russo, Hogan, the Kliq, Time Warner, etc.

I watched it. Even though the rock was involved it was clear this wasn’t just the WWE version of the story. Sadly I don’t think hogan is in it because I’d love to hear yet another reason why the Hulkster fought to keep WCW alive

Reactions: AmericanDragon
So they wrote off Ricochet in an ambulance spot but in kayfabe he is still the Speed champion with one match left against Andrade lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT