ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

I mean it’s well established than Alfred Konuwa, aka cheeseboard (because he’s been a shill for WWE ever since they sent him a charcuterie board of cheese), and others get the fast nationals from WWE and only posts them when it’s good for WWE or bad for AEW because WWE won’t give it to him otherwise.

SRS says they use to give him the fast nationals too but he stopped reporting it when he realized what WWE was trying to do with it.
Don’t work yourself into a shoot brother!

Say what you want about jade but that 2 minute blitz of hers was elite - the amount of moves she did with power and endurance to do those all in a row was awesome!

Dragon “Dave sucks”

Dragon when Dave posts something pro AEW “wwe is trying to screw AEW see”
Dave sucks but the truth is the truth. Those fast national numbers were clearly fake given how far off they were from the final number.

Fast nationals are almost always lower than the final number, but it’s normally within 5-10% of the final. Those fast nationals Cheeseboard posted were a whopping 67.7% lower than the final.

Fake numbers and whatever Cheeseboard is is some obscure nerd shit and I doubt anyone cares. WWE will always be number one and to stay that way they'll be dickish sometimes. That's a constant in the business world. Tony's problem is he thinks the common fan cares so he tattles, whines, and gets Meltzer to be his mouthpiece. It results in rallying his base. Us good, them bad. It resembles current politics quite closely. Every attempt he's made to put heat on WWE has backfired, which is an incredible feat considering WWE has never been a bastion of righteousness. I think the WWE side would have somewhat respected him if after the first London show TK straight up said "beat that, WWE" at the presser. Maybe Nick Khan wouldn't refer to him as "the kid" in interviews anymore. Instead, he comes off as a sheltered, overly sensitive, whiny billionaire who always needs approval and adoration. What'd Punk say, "Think of the billionaires."?

Reactions: Wesley91581
"Thanks guys" if it all there is will not get over, but I think it is just the beginning of the "phrase" and he will actually build upon it with other promos.

May not be a popular post, but I HATED the "yes" Daniel Bryan shit. But then again, I hate Daniel Bryan so I may have a biased opinion on the stupid phrase. Same for "delete". To me, both are equally stupid and nerdy.

Almost every time I tune in with with my youngest son to watch Raw or Smackdown, I reminisce back to my younger days of EVERY Saturday turning on Dave Brown and Lance Russell for "another BIG DAY of championship wrestling". Jerry Lawler and Supersta (the "r" left out for his Australian accent on purpose) Billy Dundee where immortal to me. Ko Ko B Ware went from a jobber to a main eventer. Guys like "Dirty" Dutch Mantel, Tommy "Wildfire" Rich, "Handsome" Jimmy Valiant was always a welcome sight. The occasional Harley Race, Terry Funk, Austin Idol, or Ric Flair coming to the Mid South Coliseum, you just knew a big time match was happening. Villians like Joe Leduc, Kamala, Sheep Herders or the Iron Sheik where perfect heels. Then when old enough to drive, me and a few of my friends always made it a point to make the 45 mile trip to be at the Evansville Coliseum on Wednesday nights for live action. I remember sitting on the hood of the Fabulous Ones, Stan Lane and Steve Kern's Lincoln shooting the shit after a show, then as luck would have it, running into them at the Thortons in Henderson and having a cold beer with them. I guess back then, times where simple, the wrestlers was much more approachable, and wrestling came first, well it was pretty much all there was back then.

List of SOME things in wrestling that are stupid or annoy me :

Ref getting knocked out and guy pins the other wrestler to no success then loses after ref regains composure.

Ref doing the quick count for the face to win

The guy "from parts unknown".

Wrestler with a mask that would be very easy to take off and disclose the hidden identity. Or actually having a mask to begin with, why ?

One guy entering the ring with 5 guys in it. Why not bring your posse with you ?

Contract signings in the ring. You know what is coming

Heels having to cheat to win but when they turn face, they get super powers and no longer have to cheat.

Kicking out of finishing moves 4 or 5 times

Super powers, example when Kane would lower his arms and fire would shoot from the turnbuckles.

Mixed tag matches

Having the Ole "foreign object" but hitting the opponent in the mid section or anywhere but the head. (Triple H sledgehammer)

Cartoonish characters

190 lbs. guy being "Heavyweight" Champion

Loser leave town match (A sign that when a wrestler was moving to a different organization or he would come back under a mask)

Feel free to add on.

Missing a drop kick hurts, but connecting doesn’t. You still fall the same distance and same angle.

I’d also love to see some random dude show up at a MLB game and call himself the most valuable free agent in the world to start a bidding war. Never heard of him? Doesn’t matter

Or maybe seeing Tom Brady come into a game unannounced with no public contract signing, just to hear the commentator yell ‘what’s Tom Brady doing in Allegaint Stadium?!’

Hot take here I know but piper niven is way undervalued - I get she’s not the best on the mic but she pretty much does everything better than Nia Jax.
She's a graceful worker for how big she is, and is undervalued for sure. "Inbreds say what", lol, need more of that.

He’s great but don’t get your hopes up aewdragon he might get a decent push but with no mic skills he won’t carry anything above upper mid card - maybe his ceiling is similar to wheeler yuta
Don’t need mic skills to put on great matches and get over in AEW.

Don’t need mic skills to put on great matches and get over in AEW.
He put on great matches in njpw and wwe - you’re tribalism is beyond insane - he won’t be upper Midcard you think he’s going above Jay white or rush or ospreay or orange cassidy? Heck even Daniel Garcia is getting a decent push. His ceiling is Kyle o Reilly or wheeler yuta but here we go again TK bidding against himself and prob threw a bunch of cash at him and is probably too much to refuse.

Last edited:
He put on great matches in njpw and wwe - you’re tribalism is beyond insane - he won’t be upper Midcard you think he’s going above Jay white or rush or ospreay or orange cassidy? Heck even Daniel Garcia is getting a decent push. His ceiling is Kyle o Reilly or wheeler yuta but here we go again TK bidding against himself and prob threw a bunch of cash at him and is probably too much to refuse.
I never said he didn’t have good matches in WWE - your tribalism to read that when it was never said is insane. Get over yourself.

His mic skills are 100% irrelevant to getting over in AEW because he’ll be over due to his matches.

He’ll invariably have better matches in AEW though because he’ll be in a company that appreciates what he brings to the ring, will allow him to be his best self, and won’t bury him with three minute matches twerking for Space Karen and his Twitter title.

I figured he might be bound somewhere else when Ospreay was putting him over big time in an interview a couple weeks ago. He said he loved their prior match(es) and would love to face Ricochet again.

Honestly, AEW fits Ricocet like a glove. He will be more appreciated for his style of wrestling, and has a shot to be an upper tier midcard guy there. He will also get to face opponents who fit his style better.

In WWE he will always be plucky underdog or big man fodder because he's a little guy who can't talk. That's the ceiling in WWE for a guy like him.

Can't blame Ricochet. Put in a tag team with Stroooowman and then given the ridiculous Speed title. Those are insults. (And like I said before, Strowman sucks. His career is roar and run around the ring).

BUT...Corbin is better on the mic than Flyboy. Think about that. He doesn't have a personality. At all. He's a good looking high flyer with a nice smile. Where would you put him in WWE right now? Maybe a feud with Gable after he wins the IC belt? What else? In WWE he's not world title material. AEW will need to create more titles if anyone thinks he'll have a meaningful impact there. Bangers yes. Let's see how he's doing next summer when he's on Collision wrestling another ROH random because TK doesn't have storylines for him. We know how this is going to play out.

Can't blame Ricochet. Put in a tag team with Stroooowman and then given the ridiculous Speed title. Those are insults. (And like I said before, Strowman sucks. His career is roar and run around the ring).

BUT...Corbin is better on the mic than Flyboy. Think about that. He doesn't have a personality. At all. He's a good looking high flyer with a nice smile. Where would you put him in WWE right now? Maybe a feud with Gable after he wins the IC belt? What else? In WWE he's not world title material. AEW will need to create more titles if anyone thinks he'll have a meaningful impact there. Bangers yes. Let's see how he's doing next summer when he's on Collision wrestling another ROH random because TK doesn't have storylines for him. We know how this is going to play out.
TK is like a kid with a pile of wrestling figures and went to Walmart/toys r us and found the newest one hit the shelf so he’s gotta buy/get it to add to his collection

Sure I’ll watch ricochet in aew I just hope he doesn’t do any Darby allin type spots

I'm sure they'll survive. What's WWE's Raw schedule with house shows included, Mon-Wed? And AEW doesn't run house shows so you're either there on Wed or Sat.

Granted, what I'm about to say is likely still better than WWE's booking of him, but this is a preview of the Ospreay/Ricochet feud...

O: Bruv, I talked about how the E had mistreated you. Now you're here Bruv, where the big boys play and the best wrestle, Bruv.
R: Yep. Good to be here.
O: Bruv, we have an incredible history that everyone still talks about to this day.
R: I know.
0: Bruv, there's just one thing...I'm better than you.
R: What? Ha no way!
O: Bruv, I prove it weekly and do it without going three minutes on X.
(crowd): OHHHHHHHHH
O: Three minutes...heh, that's probably more than your former boss can go with his former bosses' daughter!
(crowd): OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
R: You're right. I was mistreated in WWE but now I'm where I belong. Oh, and one more thing...FK SPEED!
(crowd): OHHHHHHHHHHH FK SPEED FK SPEED FK SPEED

And then the two have a great 27 minute match with the stakes being who's better on this day and Meltz gives it 6.25 stars.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT