ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Angry Season 3 GIF by The Office
Shit! You’re right! My bad!

• Haha
Reactions: VaxxedObamaCat
The mothers bank account was a dumb line. My aunt had a joint account with my grandmother when she got older to help with paying her bills.

Im not a fan of either Cabana or CM Punk, so I have zero fight, but I bet Cabana’s mom is probably 70+ and you can see small declines in people then.

I knew a guy who did this to protect assets from his kid's mom going after it or something. I can't remember the details but it was a way to be like "It's not my money, it's my mom's money" or something to that effect.

I know elderly parents who have done it so it's easier for the kid to talk on your behalf or pay bills.

Regardless, Punk is a douche.
My maternal grandparents are going to lose their house to the government when they die to pay off medical debts. So my parents transferred ownership of their house to my brother and I and also unloaded most of their cash assets onto us so it would be off limits to the government should such a situation happen with them. The things are just under our names, they still do whatever they want with the house and cash.

Reactions: VaxxedObamaCat
My maternal grandparents are going to lose their house to the government when they die to pay off medical debts. So my parents transferred ownership of their house to my brother and I and also unloaded most of their cash assets onto us so it would be off limits to the government should such a situation happen with them. The things are just under our names, they still do whatever they want with the house and cash.
That’s good that they have you all that they can trust to do that. I wouldn’t risk it if it was questionable but for functional families that’s a good resource to have to keep your assets.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
Brandon Walker and MJF interviews are always entertaining, they're great at riffing off of each other.

Dynamite for this evening..of course Tony says he has some surprises.

AEW Championship Tournament Final: Jon Moxley vs. Bryan Danielson to crown new AEW Champion.
AEW Tag Team Champions Keith Lee & Swerve Strickland vs. The Acclaimed.
AEW Interim Women's Champion Toni Storm vs. Serena Deeb vs. Athena vs. Dr. Britt Baker.
AEW All-Atlantic Champion Pac vs. Orange Cassidy.

So they didn't sell as many tickets for the show this year but prices went up quite a bit. TK says it's their first ever milliion dollar gate for a TV taping.

Reactions: GeraldV
Dynamite for this evening..of course Tony says he has some surprises.

AEW Championship Tournament Final: Jon Moxley vs. Bryan Danielson to crown new AEW Champion.
AEW Tag Team Champions Keith Lee & Swerve Strickland vs. The Acclaimed.
AEW Interim Women's Champion Toni Storm vs. Serena Deeb vs. Athena vs. Dr. Britt Baker.
AEW All-Atlantic Champion Pac vs. Orange Cassidy.

So they didn't sell as many tickets for the show this year but prices went up quite a bit. TK says it's their first ever milliion dollar gate for a TV taping.
Plus Jericho v. Claudio.

Reactions: K-mac18
Wow… this show has PPV feel. This crowd cannot be topped. Magical. Jericho beat Claudio in the first match for the RoH title. The tone has been set for the night!!

Reactions: GeraldV
When asked where he was for three months before returning at All Out, MJF said, "When I went home, I made it very clear to Tony Khan, 'Pay up or daddy doesn't show up.' Fact. I took my now beautiful Fiance to Greece for two weeks. On the last three days of the trip we went to Venice in Italy. I then went home, and I stayed home. I did not leave my home because I did not one single solitary wrestling fan to see me out in the wild. They don't deserve to see me unless I'm getting paid to be seen.

That's why the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he does not exist, which is exactly what I did for three straight months. I take what I do very seriously. If you want to see a star, pay to see a star. I stayed in my home. I went to a gym inside of my home. I did not leave my home. The only time I left my home was for those two weeks. I was committed to making sure that, if any wrestling fan wanted to get a taste of MJF, MJF needed to get that money, and I did.

Don't have a problem with Jericho winning as Wesley said putting it on him might help with a TV deal.
Liked The Acclaimed winning but why are the good guys cheating to win.
I guess the former Paige is cleared to wrestle?

Kinda odd hearing the talent in AEW holding back the language now. They took it too far for several weeks as if they were South Park at 10:00 pm in 1999 and now they're just calling each other "garbage."

Speaking of ROH I was today years old when I realized PCO was The Mountie’s tag team partner when they were the Quebecers.

It’ll be interesting to see how Punk’s career is looked at after this AEW run. He was basically the perfect anti-hero when he left WWE, but has turned into a lot of what he said he hated after it.

Reactions: UKWildcatT
It’ll be interesting to see how Punk’s career is looked at after this AEW run. He was basically the perfect anti-hero when he left WWE, but has turned into a lot of what he said he hated after it.
Is it fair to say with the million dollar Arthur Ashe gate and the ratings doing well last week he isn’t the “draw” and it’s more aew itself and not necessarily punk that drew the ratings/tickets or is it too early to say that?

I think it’s fair to question it. Hell, you can even throw the whole Elite into that conversation, too.

Reactions: K-mac18
Speaking of ratings...we'll blame it on all the network season premieres last night as the numbers were down.

1,039,000 viewers and a .35 in the demo- First for the night.

Still lower than what I was expecting.

I think it’s fair to question it. Hell, you can even throw the whole Elite into that conversation, too.

since AEW started the only time I've gone out of my way to watch a Kenny Omega match was when he had a match with Danielson. Past that not really interested. Omega has always been 'fine' for me. His matches with Okada were amazing. But I'm pretty sure Okada would have a pretty dang good match with me and I'm about as well trained as Mass Transit.

The Bucks have never come across as anything special to me. Again their matches are fine, but not spectacular or anything.

Reactions: TheBlueCat
since AEW started the only time I've gone out of my way to watch a Kenny Omega match was when he had a match with Danielson. Past that not really interested. Omega has always been 'fine' for me. His matches with Okada were amazing. But I'm pretty sure Okada would have a pretty dang good match with me and I'm about as well trained as Mass Transit.

The Bucks have never come across as anything special to me. Again their matches are fine, but not spectacular or anything.
All Out 2019. Omega vs Pac. It’s free on YouTube. Try that one out as well. Not gonna say it’ll make you fall in love with omega, but it’s amazing wrestling.

Speaking of ratings...we'll blame it on all the network season premieres last night as the numbers were down.

1,039,000 viewers and a .35 in the demo- First for the night.

Still lower than what I was expecting.
Cable ratings were down mostly across the board last night from the previous week, it appears. Broadcast TV increased massively relative to the previous week.

LAst week's lowest rated quarter was 0.37, which was the women's match quarter. This week's highest quarter was the tag match with a 0.37. The quarters this week did stay fairly steady though so it continued last week's performance in that regard.

Interestingly, the All-Atlantic title match had the lowest total viewership and lowest demo. Women's match had the biggest gain in total viewership and second highest gain in the demo, both when compared to the previous quarter. Women's match actually had the third highest total viewership and was barely behind the main event in both that and the demo.

mRgAFSj3v0ZpirvfByjDOYgOjV4C_TAUEWPYi0ddkGyUm5jVaeoXTed1wvxzE8UHPOBlwetZtFfq0-2yyGbJifg37c8kC3TrQoVDQaMSkDJJjBl-C97yNQkhIj0lzDF5oVMxwl1HQXmZaGNbtjKql6reUq72HAhR2La2aLsD18y1FmEYhzHM8NWpVg

ADVERTISEMENT