ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

I thought what they did was very well put together. I’m glad to see AEW trying to get back on track. Just good wrestling. All we want. I’m assuming Jericho going over Claudio means they’re close to finishing an RoH TV deal. Acclaimed is great. Home grown talent going over in what I think is the biggest stage of the year for AEW. Did not see mox winning, but he’s the best. Should be a good story going forward between max and mox

Reactions: wildcatsboston1984
I know survivor had their season premiere yesterday and a lot of the fall shows are starting up this week so that likely had an effect as well

Reactions: Fast3ddy
Keller speculating Punk will not wrestle again in AEW. What a tool. One year ago he was the happiest man and couldn’t wait to work with the kids. It took one injury, WHICH HE DID HIMSELF, to turn him pissed and angry

Reactions: CrittendenWildcat
I hate that nobody involved has been permitted to make a statement publicly as they sort out legal issues. I would love to hear Moxley's take on it given he was working with Punk leading up to the gripebomb.

This idea that Punk has a basis for a lawsuit IMO is pretty weak, he invited people to come to his room and talk to him about their differences at the media scrum, and that's what the Bucks and Omega did, with Megha in tow. And we know Punk threw the first punch. OTOH, I can see the desire to get it resolved and go forward without the need to file suit and air dirty laundry.

And despite Punk being a huge self-righteous twat and throwing AEW under the bus, AEW has shown since All Out that they don't need him in the slightest. Eff him. Hope he chokes on Mindy's muffins and drowns in his lime Spindrift. Hope Cabana sues him for violating their NDA and AJ Lee wisens up and leaves his @ss. Hope he loses everything and it all pushes him into alcohol/drug addiction and he ends up living on the streets. Way to p!ss away your Golden Ticket with all your petty bullsh!t, @sshat.

Do I sound bitter? [laughing]

I dont want punk being gone from wrestling again but this entire situation is exhausting
He's burned bridges both at WWE and AEW. What wrestling organization is left to work with him that will pay him what he will demand? And even if he was willing to work for peanuts, who wants to take a chance on him submarining their promotion? He's 2 for 2 at that so far.

He's burned bridges both at WWE and AEW. What wrestling organization is left to work with him that will pay him what he will demand? And even if he was willing to work for peanuts, who wants to take a chance on him submarining their promotion? He's 2 for 2 at that so far.
I get that but at the same time he isn't the only person to blame in this situation

It’s fascinating how I was never truly on board with punk once his tshirts and ratings spike leveled off - sounds like people (cal stroops admitted) are starting to see it wasn’t the long term solution for aew

Some people just aren't happy unless they're unhappy. Punk sounds like he's the Aaron Rodgers of the wrestling business: An articulate speaker that thinks he's smarter than everyone else involved in the business. He's an insufferable c*nt that nobody wants to be around. An energy sucker. A locker room cancer. Cut bait and move on. Let the world forget him. Tony doesn't need to wind up like the Packers in this situation.

Reactions: TheBlueCat
Some people just aren't happy unless they're unhappy. Punk sounds like he's the Aaron Rodgers of the wrestling business: An articulate speaker that thinks he's smarter than everyone else involved in the business. He's an insufferable c*nt that nobody wants to be around. An energy sucker. A locker room cancer. Cut bait and move on. Let the world forget him. Tony doesn't need to wind up like the Packers in this situation.
Some people are a faucet and some are a drain. Then you have Punk who is apparently a stopped up drain that leaves a stinky water in the sink. Looks like Kahn needs to be the Drano in this situation and flush him out. 🤣

Punk is a fine talent but he's not irreplaceable. When he took 7 years off, people inflated how good he was just because he basically left while on top. He's a helluva talker and good hand in the ring but the business will go on just as well without him as it did for the past 7 years opposed to him being here. If he's working, great! If he isn't, oh well.

Punk is a fine talent but he's not irreplaceable. When he took 7 years off, people inflated how good he was just because he basically left while on top. He's a helluva talker and good hand in the ring but the business will go on just as well without him as it did for the past 7 years opposed to him being here. If he's working, great! If he isn't, oh well.
Punk basically became a Martyr for those getting sick of seeing how WWE was being operated and ran. I was unaware really, I never watched punk live before coming to AEW. His run was during my hiatus from wrestling.
It seems Uncle Dave is basically insinuating Black left AEW to go back to wwe. He said multiple, ex NXT guys were contacted about coming back. Look, Black can go back… but I don’t see him getting a good run in wwe even with trips as creative head. He’s not going to run raw/smackdown like NXT. There’s gonna be a huge lawsuit over this, I have a feeling. And I’ve seen a few people say Swerve and Cole are two possibilities for telling TK what’s going on.

Punk basically became a Martyr for those getting sick of seeing how WWE was being operated and ran. I was unaware really, I never watched punk live before coming to AEW. His run was during my hiatus from wrestling.
It seems Uncle Dave is basically insinuating Black left AEW to go back to wwe. He said multiple, ex NXT guys were contacted about coming back. Look, Black can go back… but I don’t see him getting a good run in wwe even with trips as creative head. He’s not going to run raw/smackdown like NXT. There’s gonna be a huge lawsuit over this, I have a feeling. And I’ve seen a few people say Swerve and Cole are two possibilities for telling TK what’s going on.
Idk about Cole but I definitely think Swerve is one given they brought back Hit Row with everyone but him that was originally in it.

I read someone said swerve definitely told TK and that he heard Cole had his reasons to also tell TK about the messages from wwe.

I read someone said swerve definitely told TK and that he heard Cole had his reasons to also tell TK about the messages from wwe.
Swerve pretty much hates HHH because HHH didn't want to push him any at all and only gave him a push when Stephanie convinced him to. I heard some people talking about how Swerve was probably contacted by HHH to come back and was like "???"

Guess this is why legal is involved - somehow the “story/truth” changes when legal gets involved
————————
CM Punk’s Side of the Story Have “Backed Off” On Claims The Young Bucks Started AEW All Out backstage Fight

During the latest Wrestling Observer Live, Bryan Alvarez reported that the story has changed.

“There really aren’t two sides of the story anymore. There were two sides of the story for a while but now pretty much both sides agree that CM Punk threw the first punch.

“The Punk side has backed off the kicking the door down thing. They have admitted [The Bucks] didn’t kick the door down”

Alvarez added that the Bucks went into the room with AEW’s head of legal (Megha Parekh) and the head of talent relations (Christopher Daniels), which doesn’t seem like they were looking for a fight

He added that the big question now is whether Punk genuinely feared for his safety.

“The only disagreement at this point is were the Bucks aggressive? Punk’s side admitted he threw the first punch.

“The only disagreement is was he actually in fear for his safety or did he just start punching?”

Like Wade Keller, Alvarez said he believes Punk’s days with AEW are done.

“I don’t expect to see CM Punk in AEW again.”

Guess this is why legal is involved - somehow the “story/truth” changes when legal gets involved
————————
CM Punk’s Side of the Story Have “Backed Off” On Claims The Young Bucks Started AEW All Out backstage Fight

During the latest Wrestling Observer Live, Bryan Alvarez reported that the story has changed.

“There really aren’t two sides of the story anymore. There were two sides of the story for a while but now pretty much both sides agree that CM Punk threw the first punch.

“The Punk side has backed off the kicking the door down thing. They have admitted [The Bucks] didn’t kick the door down”

Alvarez added that the Bucks went into the room with AEW’s head of legal (Megha Parekh) and the head of talent relations (Christopher Daniels), which doesn’t seem like they were looking for a fight

He added that the big question now is whether Punk genuinely feared for his safety.

“The only disagreement at this point is were the Bucks aggressive? Punk’s side admitted he threw the first punch.

“The only disagreement is was he actually in fear for his safety or did he just start punching?”

Like Wade Keller, Alvarez said he believes Punk’s days with AEW are done.

“I don’t expect to see CM Punk in AEW again.”
Hey it’s all just a work though. Dumb marks believe everything.

No big loss here but HOB is nothing but Julia and Brody now...

Buddy Matthews may be done with AEW for a while, or at least on his way out, sources familiar with the situation tell Fightful.

After this week's AEW Rampage Grand Slam, Fightful was informed that the Great Muta spot was a way to write Buddy Matthews off television for the time being. We weren't given context as to whether or not Matthews was being released, but had heard numerous times over the previous couple of months that he'd expressed dissatisfaction regarding his situation. Specifics of that aren't yet known.

One source contacted Fightful after the New York City tapings and said they believed it was Buddy's "last night," but that hasn't been confirmed.

This weekend at Fight Life Pro Wrestling, Buddy told the audience “Unfortunately, tonight, I’m going to be the bearer of some unfortunate news. As everyone knows, the House of Black has had some issues lately. As all the members of the house, I speak beyond the wall, we want to thank you all for being members of the house. Unfortunately, I, like some of the other members, need to go away for a while. I need to recalibrate. I need to figure out some things. As my brother Malakai once said, this isn’t goodbye, this is see you later.”

House of Black's Malakai Black is also effectively done with AEW, with sources indicating that he's unable to wrestle for WWE for "quite some time."

Fightful has reached out to Buddy Matthews several times over the last couple of months to follow up on the rumors.

ADVERTISEMENT