ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Wasn't expecting this but a big number for Dynamite last night.

1,175,000 viewers and a .39 in the demo. #1 for the night

Just finished the Young Bucks book, they claim HHH made an offer to them at the end of 2018 right before AEW started. They said it was for 500,000 a year, and that Gallows and Anderson were only making 150,000.

Does JC still hate Omega because of whole wrestling a little girl thing or the doll in Japan? Or is it something else.

Do they think fans don't get her thinly veiled comments because she says them every promo. Yes Rhea we get it he is a man now because you apparently have taken his "boyhood" from him in what we can only assume was some kind of ritualistic induction ceremony. 🤷‍♂️
That sounds hot.

Reactions: GeraldV
I’d say doing 1.2 million with no punk, omega, or the bucks is very good draw. Good wrestling on that episode too. I think mox and BD will put on a banger and BD will win
Wonder what the quarter breakdowns were - maybe if Mox doesn’t win he can go on his postponed vacation

Wonder what the quarter breakdowns were - maybe if Mox doesn’t win he can go on his postponed vacation
I say let him go on his vacation if Cole is ready to come back. But who will be the baby face? Hangman? I think he’s overrated and not as good as people make him out to be. Could shoot Wardlow up? I think he’s good enough for it. Darby?

Trying to piece together posts from Brandon Thurston they stayed above one million for the entire show. The Acclaimed vs. Lucha Bros plus The Acclaimed promo was the highest rated at a little over 1.2 million.
Highest rated 18-49 was the main event, 545,000 viewers in 18-49 and a .42 rating.

Reactions: Wesley91581
It would be crazy if Bryan Danielson becomes a World champion after Cm punk leaves a company in three different decades !
( if Punk is done in AEW for good )

-ROH: 2005

-WWE: 2014

-AEW: 2022

Seems like any time Punk is no longer in the spotlight, Bryan comes along and picks up the ball that punk left behind !

It would be crazy if Bryan Danielson becomes a World champion after Cm punk leaves a company in three different decades !
( if Punk is done in AEW for good )

-ROH: 2005

-WWE: 2014

-AEW: 2022

Seems like any time Punk is no longer in the spotlight, Bryan comes along and picks up the ball that punk left behind !
Fingers crossed Punk never comes back. I shoulda listened to you Wes… I shoulda believed you.

Not that it wasn’t completely obvious but sounds like he was pretty much done anyways
—————-/-///////————-

A new report from Fightful claims no one in WWE’s new regime is interested in bringing back Patrick Clark even before his recent arrests, with one source saying doing so would be a public relations nightmare of epic proportions

The report noted Clark already had major backstage heat on him by the time he stopped appearing on NXT Television and that he had become a headache to deal with. The report added that he had been spoken to several times about his generally unusual behaviour in the locker room, towards his co workers, and at the WWE Performance Center

Trying to piece together posts from Brandon Thurston they stayed above one million for the entire show. The Acclaimed vs. Lucha Bros plus The Acclaimed promo was the highest rated at a little over 1.2 million.
Highest rated 18-49 was the main event, 545,000 viewers in 18-49 and a .42 rating.
That is correct. Even the women's match stayed over a million with a 0.37 demo, which wasn't too far off the demo for every other quarter. A 0.37 demo is also right around the Dynamite average for weeks now too. Whole second hour was WAY above where they had been trending for the past four weeks.

093P-ozTbZILaIlWTqiny26__YsPgYu-w1nM_Vdnqv5PJt0jNJ5obnRGt2Qj3xCwL0OrxydtIYqKaQQoCgUv74hsAvp6sC4wlOJRq-Y9KPRJr74g-x1WxConH0MpsbDPnhZynl8STUf3yRDovjDdT9k1CAcMmcGMW8YaRJMtseYAibZh-4NM-tvVGg

3GzTX3T6OEYbAKLDwLutzy272sLfsD1Yik4t9_PU4KzpVTMUZBzIkm6EMimn8QDF7u6i7YgcUuyQhlpLTr66VptwDezTnAP_yay7xc-OSHKNVQ6NxXrzEmZ77z-kfpMGdPRkcJ-zCq9tZOZuiV4XYrmTV6pKI67OeINR6J1R0LaP9KoRO_Qkm767xg

I'm pretty sure the entire IWC would pretty much combust.

My favorite comment in the story, “Obviously Peacock sucks,” says one exec with knowledge of both companies.
I mean it does. It trends way behind every other major streaming provider in paying subscribers. Even when including people who get it free as part of their Comcast subscription (I assume the cost of Peacock is baked in), it only has 16 million subscribers.

Peacock - 16 million paying + "free' through Comcast subscription
Apple TV+ - 20 million
Discovery+ - 22 million
Hulu - 45.3 million
Paramount+ - 56 million. Though this number will go up quite a bit once Showtime app is shut down and rolled into it
HBO/HBO Max - 73.8 million. HBO Max automatically comes with an HBO subscription
Disney+ - 129.8 million
Amazon Prime - 200 million
Nextflix - 221.8 million

I believe all those numbers were from the end of 2021 and can be found in the article below. Peacock is WAY behind. WWE is probably the only reason it hasn't been axed yet.

Last edited:
Peacock is a horrible service. All it has is Friends and Harry Potter. And until recently Potter was on HBO max as well. However… if they’re not dumping a lot of money into it with original content, then I’m sure it could be making NBC/Universal money. Only reason Disney + is hemorrhaging is because they’re investing so much into original content and not making the money back for it.

Now, Colt has finally made a bit of response towards Punk’s comments on his twitch channel. Specifically, CM Punk mocked Colt for sharing a bank account with his mother. But, Colt is shrugging it off because his also famous brother shares a bank account with his mom too. Here’s what he had to say.

That’s a fun little tid-bit. My brother is the director of family guy, you can look up his name, he also shares a bank account with my mother
Colt Cabana via twitch

Peacock is a horrible service. All it has is Friends and Harry Potter. And until recently Potter was on HBO max as well. However… if they’re not dumping a lot of money into it with original content, then I’m sure it could be making NBC/Universal money. Only reason Disney + is hemorrhaging is because they’re investing so much into original content and not making the money back for it.
Angry Season 3 GIF by The Office

Now, Colt has finally made a bit of response towards Punk’s comments on his twitch channel. Specifically, CM Punk mocked Colt for sharing a bank account with his mother. But, Colt is shrugging it off because his also famous brother shares a bank account with his mom too. Here’s what he had to say.
I knew a guy who did this to protect assets from his kid's mom going after it or something. I can't remember the details but it was a way to be like "It's not my money, it's my mom's money" or something to that effect.

I know elderly parents who have done it so it's easier for the kid to talk on your behalf or pay bills.

Regardless, Punk is a douche.

ADVERTISEMENT