ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

I forgot all about this until listening to Cornette dress down Olivier on last weeks show. Honest question… Is Kenny Olivier a fruit? He strikes me as one a bit after seeing that. If he don’t full on suck em, I bet he’d at least keep one in his mouth til the swelling went down.

And why does it matter even if he is? Is using derogatory language like that really necessary?

ANyways, this is how I rate former WWErs compared to their time in AEW. Most of the guys in my better in WWe section are the old wrestlers who are beyond their prime that had pretty illustrious WWE careers. As far as NXT goes, I'm not putting a glorified indie on the same level with a major league like AEW. If we're going that route, then we might as well include Impact/TNA, ROH, New Japan, and PWG

Better in AEW
  • Adam Cole, Bobby Fish, and Kyle O'Reilly
  • FTR
  • Jon Moxley - I could be convinced to put him in the WWE section, but he's been one of the top dogs his entire time in AEW.
  • Lance Archer
  • Luchasaurus
  • Malakai Black
  • Angelo Parker and Matt Menard
  • Pac
  • Scorpio Sky
  • Sting
  • Swerve Strickland
  • Tony Nese
  • Trent Beretta
  • Cody Rhodes - yeah he's been booked great since returning to WWE, but he has a decade of being mostly treated like garbage in WWE. He's the only one that spent extensive time in both and left to rejoin one of them.
  • Mercedes Martinez
  • Ruby Soho
  • Serena Deeb
  • Tay Conti
  • Toni Storm
Better in WWE
  • Andrade El Idolo
  • Miro
  • Shawn Spears - but completely useless for both companies for the most part
Will always be better in WWE due to them joining AEW past their prime
  • Bryan Danielson
  • Chris Jericho
  • CM Punk
  • Jake Hager
  • Matt and Jeff Hardy - they REALLY need to retire
  • Matt Sydal
  • Christian Cage
To be determined because of how short of a time they have been in their current company
  • Claudio Castagnoli
  • Buddy Matthews
  • Keith Lee
  • Samoa Joe
  • Athena
Wrestlers listed above likely to flip to either WWE or AEW after more time in their current promotion
  • Andrade El Idolo
  • Miro
  • Cody Rhodes
  • Claudio Castagnoli
  • Buddy Matthews
  • Keith Lee
  • Athena
The below were better in WWE, but it's really not a fair comparison because of the role they were hired in to
  • Billy Gunn, Christopher Daniels, Colt Cabana, Dustin Rhodes, Paul Wight (Big Show) - Mostly serve off-camera and/or manager rolls within AEW

I mean even in tna sting was a world champ and was in the main event mafia so I have to disagree with that one

I have to respectfully disagree with Miro. I think his redeemer schtick has been phenomenal minus the hiccup of taking the belt off of him, but apparently it was needed due to injuries and TV. Sure, he got off to a rough start with the gamer stuff, but it didn't work and they pivoted it to his religious background and it hit on every cylinder. Now granted, I didn't watch the early part of his career in WWE with the tank and all, but I did see the end and found it laughable.

Reactions: GeraldV
I have to respectfully disagree with Miro. I think his redeemer schtick has been phenomenal minus the hiccup of taking the belt off of him, but apparently it was needed due to injuries and TV. Sure, he got off to a rough start with the gamer stuff, but it didn't work and they pivoted it to his religious background and it hit on every cylinder. Now granted, I didn't watch the early part of his career in WWE with the tank and all, but I did see the end and found it laughable.
I mean he held the mid-card title
Was part of that League of Nations stable
Feuded with cena
Was a big time heel when Lana and him took his gimmick serious / super over with rusev day

So ya I’d say his wwe run wasn’t too bad

Just fyi, I think HBK would've been even a bigger star if his name was Garth Michaels.

hbksherri.jpg

Interesting how you ignore the second part of my post.
I asked if he was a fruit. If that’s derogatory then so be it. Anything can be derogatory to someone. To each their own. I’ll say what I say but don’t care if it offends. The gay community have a monopoly on the alphabet with all of those abbreviations. I can’t keep up with what’s what so I’ll say fruit.

I mean he held the mid-card title
Was part of that League of Nations stable
Feuded with cena
Was a big time heel when Lana and him took his gimmick serious / super over with rusev day

So ya I’d say his wwe run wasn’t too bad
So again, didn't see that stuff, but I don't know... his redeemer stuff has been real good.

For NJPW news:
Hiroshi Tanahashi lost in his first G1 match against Aaron Henare.
Switchblade beat Sanada
Okada beat Cobb

Night 2 of G1 starts tonight at 1 and I'll be watching. I'll keep you guys up to date on the tournament if you want. This will be my first G1 I actually watch all the way through. I've only caught bits and pieces and in the past, but for some reason I've been so invested in NJPW lately.

Reactions: wildcatsboston1984
I asked if he was a fruit. If that’s derogatory then so be it. Anything can be derogatory to someone. To each their own. I’ll say what I say but don’t care if it offends. The gay community have a monopoly on the alphabet with all of those abbreviations. I can’t keep up with what’s what so I’ll say fruit.
So i'll throw my two cents in on this. Kenny's sexuality has always been in question since his partnership with Kota Ibushi, but I gotta give him props... if he is gay.. he doesn't make it a vocal point like a lot of people these days. He just does what he has to do. And I respect that shit outta that.

Can't keep up with up with the letters but literally use the word gay in your post, so you're just going out of your way to use derogatory language. You could have just googled your damn question.

If you want to be ignorantly hateful then keep it on the 4chan boards.

Last edited:
So Alan Angels is no longer part of AEW roster, but he is still part of Dark Order. They're in the Tag Team tourney on NJPW Strong Style and dark order is in the tourney. Alan Angels and Uno

So i'll throw my two cents in on this. Kenny's sexuality has always been in question since his partnership with Kota Ibushi, but I gotta give him props... if he is gay.. he doesn't make it a vocal point like a lot of people these days. He just does what he has to do. And I respect that shit outta that.
I think it’s pretty obvious he’s gay. I mean, he was in a movie called “sissy boy slap fight”.

And while I may not care about his wrestling ability, I totally agree with your point.

Reactions: Fast3ddy
So again, didn't see that stuff, but I don't know... his redeemer stuff has been real good.

For NJPW news:
Hiroshi Tanahashi lost in his first G1 match against Aaron Henare.
Switchblade beat Sanada
Okada beat Cobb

Night 2 of G1 starts tonight at 1 and I'll be watching. I'll keep you guys up to date on the tournament if you want. This will be my first G1 I actually watch all the way through. I've only caught bits and pieces and in the past, but for some reason I've been so invested in NJPW lately.
Once your hooked it’s easy to keep involved - wrestling is consistently excellent and storylines don’t go all over the place - the booking “makes sense”

I think it’s pretty obvious he’s gay. I mean, he was in a movie called “sissy boy slap fight”.

And while I may not care about his wrestling ability, I totally agree with your point.
I said if you lumped in NXT you might as well lump in all the other stuff. I didn't lump in anything but AEW or WWE into my "rankings."

I forgot all about this until listening to Cornette dress down Olivier on last weeks show. Honest question… Is Kenny Olivier a fruit? He strikes me as one a bit after seeing that. If he don’t full on suck em, I bet he’d at least keep one in his mouth til the swelling went down.

I feel like every dude I’ve known that ends up coming out are the ones who tried to call other people gay to hide their own insecurities. Do you have something to tell us? Why was your description of gay love so detailed?

You seem like you’re hiding something. Maybe your deepest darkest secret? This is a safe space my brother.

Night 2 of the G1 was goofy with some of these results:
Taichi went over Ishii
Toru Yano over Jonah by count out. Did not see that coming, but then again you never went Yano winning.
ZSJ defeated Kenta
And Juice Robinson defeated Shingo Takagi

Grown adults calling other grown adults jobbers gives off super fan energy

How cryptic and edgy of you to use the word jobber in casual conversation

You sound like a 6th grader, hoping someone will think you are funny for being so edgy. No one laughed with you then and no one is laughing with you now. Now, laughing at you is a whole different story.

Jobber to the stars.

Rusev met Lana in WWE. Advantage WWE.

Black met Zelina Vega in WWE. Advantage WWE.

Murphy slept with Bliss in WWE. Advantage WWE.

WWE tail > AEW tail.
Ah yes, but Murphy started dating Rhea Ripley while at AEW. So advantage still WWE, cause ain’t no tail hotter then Bliss.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
Gresham already relegated to dark tapings without the roh belt - basically making it aew with more belts it seems

For those who love old wrestling…I just finished the Cornette Experience (not sure when we’re releasing it…either tonight or tomorrow), but we he goes into a great deep dive, how he met Weasel Dooley, creation of “dirtsheets” and five star ratings, what were some of the earliest ones.

Most of you will enjoy and for the ones I have blocked (that i don’t answer when you quote my posts), you probably won’t, so don’t bother listening. If you do, listen on YouTube, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: K-mac18
For those who love old wrestling…I just finished the Cornette Experience (not sure when we’re releasing it…either tonight or tomorrow), but we he goes into a great deep dive, how he met Weasel Dooley, creation of “dirtsheets” and five star ratings, what were some of the earliest ones.

Most of you will enjoy and for the ones I have blocked (that i don’t answer when you quote my posts), you probably won’t, so don’t bother listening. If you do, listen on YouTube, lol.

FYI: if you’re on apple podcasts, begins around 2 hours and 36 minutes

Test

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT