ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

265948251_10166015371315357_5990611649735833796_n.jpg

zero people in the mainstream know who Adam Cole is first of all. Danielson and punk have a bit of mainstream appeal, but nothing on the level of previous stars.

my friends, who are casual wrestling fans, watched the initial punk stuff and said nothing else held their attention and would only watch if they were sitting around…don’t fill the need to dvr it and watch later

Good point, and before I forget seeing Jim Cornette as Repo Man was great!!

I can’t say for certain, but if you can point to a specific date and say oh this changed… good chance that’s the reason.

Apologies it was over the last seven weeks or since the NHL started which by the way is only doing something like 250,000 viewers.

It's not that people aren't watching because they are watching hockey instead. Its that on the west coast AEW comes on at 5PM instead of the normal west coast delay. 5pm isn't exactly a hot time slot for TV.

This belongs here because it's Kane, but I didn't know this... Kane is refusing the vax mandates!! My man!!!

This belongs here because it's Kane, but I didn't know this... Kane is refusing the vax mandates!! My man!!!

The man has been a hardcore libertarian for a long time. I remember reading an article in SPIN back in 1998 (I think) about backstage at WWE and the writer said Kane was by far the smartest guy in the locker room.

*note, since it was that long ago I don't remember all the details. But I do remember it coming across the same way as when Jinder Mahal was on KSR. Ryan Lemond just couldn't believe that such a nice guy would be a jerk on TV

I think a lot of AEW’s roster has contracts coming to an end shortly. TK said he won’t cut contracts, but will let them run out. So I’m hoping he does not resign a lot of these individuals. The usual suspects I’ve always talked about, but make some hard cuts too.

What's the point of a brand split if guys keep showing up on the other show?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for seeing more RK Bro but they are Raw champs - put another Smackdown team in that match.

Is that the same time frame they moved to live on the west coast?
Yes. AEW had to move to Saturday for two weeks if you remember and then the week they went back to Wednesday was the exact week they started airing live on the west coast. That’s also the exact week the numbers dipped (excluding the two Saturday shows).

it’s clear as day that the west coast airing live is what’s caused the dip. Had it never happened they’d still be doing 1.1-1.4m.

Jay Lethal is going be on the ROH show now.
Hook (Taz’s kid) debuted last night on Rampage and looked pretty good I thought.

As noted on Friday, AEW President Tony Khan sent former ROH veteran Jay Lethal to Final Battle to face Jonathan Gresham. Gresham was originally scheduled to challenge ROH World Champion Bandido, but he was pulled from the card due to testing positive for COVID-19. Lethal vs. Gresham will take place at the pay-per-view, and the ROH World Title situation will be addressed during the pre-show

It would be pretty cool if they did. Them and Joe were the three guys that got me into ROH and the independent scene.
Ya would be full circle for roh and given their struggles the last couple years would be a cool way for it to conclude

FTR ain’t screwing around huh?! Pretty cool to see. So was this the last show for RoH?

Wasn't FTR like a second choice for AEW, they really wanted The Good Brothers but they re-signed with WWE alongside AJ Styles, so they picked up FTR instead?

That was fortuitous. FTR has killed it. They have meshed so well with the other tag teams in AEW. I didn't know them when they came from WWE, but they have definitely shown up and shown out.

Wasn't FTR like a second choice for AEW, they really wanted The Good Brothers but they re-signed with WWE alongside AJ Styles, so they picked up FTR instead?

That was fortuitous. FTR has killed it. They have meshed so well with the other tag teams in AEW. I didn't know them when they came from WWE, but they have definitely shown up and shown out.
I am pretty sure they wanted them both. Tony Kahn is a huge WCW guy and FTR are the closest things to Tully and Arn in this current era.

Reactions: TheExhaustedOne
I saw where FTR is wrestling the Rock and Roll Express next month on an Indy show in North Carolina.
That would be fun to see.

FTR and the Briscoes would really give AEW two tag teams to hang their hat on. IT's been a long time since legit tag team wrestling was good. Get 2 or 3 other solid teams and you could have something. No, I don't consider the Hardly Boys to be good.

FTR and the Briscoes would really give AEW two tag teams to hang their hat on. IT's been a long time since legit tag team wrestling was good. Get 2 or 3 other solid teams and you could have something. No, I don't consider the Hardly Boys to be good.

the Briscoes will have to job to the Hardly boys before anything

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT