ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

The fiend gimmick was ruined by booking. No bray. That company threw every obstacle in Bray’s way and he overcame them all. Bray is a great human being and a great performer. I don’t give a shit that he was a WWE champion. I don’t care about picking sides with each company either. They’re 2 different products. Wrestling is more fun when Bray Wyatt is involved. With kayfabe being dead it’s nearly impossible to get a gimmick like his over and he managed to do it over and over again.

Lots of great human beings are bad workers in the ring. That isn't unique to Bray Wyatt.

Reactions: MoonshineMafia
Oh no doubt - especially on the WWE shows. I think the workrate for AEW is much higher, by design. I also don't think they really need a guy like Bray at this point. What will he add that's missing?
They had a initial bump in the ratings when Punk and Danielson came in, but they’re back to their core audience

Wyatt won’t bring in a single viewer and he’ll try and get his wwe salary. Isn’t, and won’t, be worth it. He’ll just take up a spot.

Reactions: BigTimeBecks3500
They had a initial bump in the ratings when Punk and Danielson came in, but they’re back to their core audience

Wyatt won’t bring in a single viewer and he’ll try and get his wwe salary. Isn’t, and won’t, be worth it. He’ll just take up a spot.

Exactly. There are a grand total of zero fans who are sitting out there not watching AEW saying "man, if they would just sign Bray Wyatt, I'd be all over that."

Britt baker tweeted a photo with Johnny gargano today - doubt it was a coincidence.

Wonder if aew would benefit from a sort of brand split to get this loaded roster enough tv time

Britt baker tweeted a photo with Johnny gargano today - doubt it was a coincidence.

Wonder if aew would benefit from a sort of brand split to get this loaded roster enough tv time

The women's division is the one spot where WWE has AEW smoked right now. Would love to see Britt in WWE honestly.

Reactions: MegaBlue05

Amazes me how you continue to get it wrong with AEW’s ratings. They were in the 1.1-1.4 million range every week after punk until they got moved to Saturday for a couple weeks. Then the first week back on Wednesday they started airing the west coast feed live at 5pm local time. That has knocked out a decent chunk of their audience. When they move to tbs and they can’t hit a million after several weeks of dynamite airing back in the normal time slot on the west coast, then you can bump your gums.

The women's division is the one spot where WWE has AEW smoked right now. Would love to see Britt in WWE honestly.
Do they really though? Clearly they did early on but it’s gotten pretty close now. Plus AEW has put more time in women’s matches while wwe has drastically cut back on their time. Outside of the top 2-3 women in wwe they don’t get any screen time or match length.

And Vince would ruin Britt within 2 weeks. Don’t wish that on anyone, especially her.

Reactions: CrittendenWildcat
Do they really though? Clearly they did early on but it’s gotten pretty close now. Plus AEW has put more time in women’s matches while wwe has drastically cut back on their time. Outside of the top 2-3 women in wwe they don’t get any screen time or match length.

And Vince would ruin Britt within 2 weeks. Don’t wish that on anyone, especially her.

Most of the women in AEW are green and are pretty cringeworthy in the ring. Look at the quarterfinals for the new title - none of them would be in the title picture in WWE. Nyla Rose is a man.

Some great eye candy in AEW with Anna Jay, Tay Conti, and Jamie Hayter, but the work is subpar comparatively.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
Looks like Brandon Thurston has gone through and added DVR numbers for some of the wrestling shows.
For a numbers person like me this is pretty interesting.

Could have bet anyone a million bucks liv wasn’t winning last night - if Becky drops the belt it will be at WM or something major like that - Vince only seems to want to put the belts on Becky/Charlotte/Sasha/Lexi/Bayley/Bianca/Asuka (on occasion)

Count me as one who likes Bray. Work rate isn’t everything. If it was all those gymnastics experts in AEW would be more over than they are.

I prefer variety in my wrestling. Give me some solid workers, a few flippy guys, a couple big hulking “attractions” with a few comedy spots sprinkled in. Every single match doesn’t require dives to the floor. Every single match shouldn’t be competitive or last 20 minutes (Worst example: Lance Archer having a match with Marko Stunt that lasted more than 8 seconds). Squashes help build monsters. Lack of work rate can be masked (Hogan, Warrior), but lack of charisma cannot.

Don’t get me wrong, I find AEW programming to be more entertaining than WWE at the moment, but Wyatt is more interesting to me than a chunk of the AEW roster whose work rate is higher.

AEW’s womens division is still bad, especially in the underneath spots It’s gotten a lot better over the last 2 years. Credit where credit is due.

Baker and Thunderosa are the only two I could see Vince hiring besides maybe Cargill (based on look alone because she’s absolute garbage in the ring)

I’m glad AEW quit having womens matches go 3-4 segments. That’s too long. Two segments, max, is the sweet spot, IMO.

Add Toni Storm and Gigi Dolan to my list of WWF women. Good lord at the tail's on those two. Outlaw Mudshow Tampon spot or not, with an ass that looks that good, Gigi Dolan (Pricilla Kelly) probably has piles of shit that looks like a museum sculpture. Boy Howdy!

Most of the women in AEW are green and are pretty cringeworthy in the ring. Look at the quarterfinals for the new title - none of them would be in the title picture in WWE. Nyla Rose is a man.

Some great eye candy in AEW with Anna Jay, Tay Conti, and Jamie Hayter, but the work is subpar comparatively.
Well 1. It’s a tournament for the secondary women’s title vs wwe’s top title. 2. As for who wouldn’t be in the title picture, you’re probably right but that just shows their incompetence. Thunder Rosa is as good as any woman in the world. Regardless, wwe only passes their two women’s titles back and forth between the same 3-4 women. Every once in awhile they’ll throw in someone different for a short run just to change it up.

AEW’s womens division is still bad, especially in the underneath spots It’s gotten a lot better over the last 2 years. Credit where credit is due.

Baker and Thunderosa are the only two I could see Vince hiring besides maybe Cargill (based on look alone because she’s absolute garbage in the ring)

I’m glad AEW quit having womens matches go 3-4 segments. That’s too long. Two segments, max, is the sweet spot, IMO.
To show you how idiotic Vince/WWE is, wwe did want Thunder Rosa a year or two ago... as a REFEREE. Smh

Count me as one who likes Bray. Work rate isn’t everything. If it was all those gymnastics experts in AEW would be more over than they are.

I prefer variety in my wrestling. Give me some solid workers, a few flippy guys, a couple big hulking “attractions” with a few comedy spots sprinkled in. Every single match doesn’t require dives to the floor. Every single match shouldn’t be competitive or last 20 minutes (Worst example: Lance Archer having a match with Marko Stunt that lasted more than 8 seconds). Squashes help build monsters. Lack of work rate can be masked (Hogan, Warrior), but lack of charisma cannot.

Don’t get me wrong, I find AEW programming to be more entertaining than WWE at the moment, but Wyatt is more interesting to me than a chunk of the AEW roster whose work rate is higher.
That Archer/Marko match was great I thought. Lasted about 5 minutes with 4 and a half of those minutes being Archer seeing how far in the air he could throw Marko. 😂

I love the Marko vs big man matches for that reason alone.

Add Toni Storm and Gigi Dolan to my list of WWF women. Good lord at the tail's on those two. Outlaw Mudshow Tampon spot or not, with an ass that looks that good, Gigi Dolan (Pricilla Kelly) probably has piles of shit that looks like a museum sculpture. Boy Howdy!
Yeah Darby Allin has to have atleast some regret that he let Kelly get away. That ass is amazing.

Reactions: WildcatFan1982

I’m the same way. Wrestling is for me is all about variety. I think bray would bring something new to AEW.

Honestly…..NXT 2.0 isn’t that bad. It’s different from a lot of the other WWE programming still and it gives me an old school 80s AWA vibe.
I’m sure some will disagree but if Vince did an nxt back in the 80s this is exactly how it would be - young guys that fit vince’s mold - almost like what Memphis was back then as a proving ground for guys like flex kavana

That Archer/Marko match was great I thought. Lasted about 5 minutes with 4 and a half of those minutes being Archer seeing how far in the air he could throw Marko. 😂

I love the Marko vs big man matches for that reason alone.

I will have to disagree. Marko doesn’t belong anywhere near a wrestling ring.

In early AEW they had grown men bumping for him. It was cringe. I’m glad they don’t use him much on the TV shows these days. I’m OK with him as a mascot for Jurassic Express. But just like with Hornswaggle, I don’t want to see him wrestle.

Reactions: K-mac18
I will have to disagree. Marko doesn’t belong anywhere near a wrestling ring.

In early AEW they had grown men bumping for him. It was cringe. I’m glad they don’t use him much on the TV shows these days. I’m OK with him as a mascot for Jurassic Express. But just like with Hornswaggle, I don’t want to see him wrestle.
I actually am starting to feel a bit bad for him because it seems like he’s quietly been replaced in Jurassic Express by Christian. Can’t remember the last time I saw Marko and nothing was ever said. He might be one to not have his contract renewed when it expires.

Be on the lookout for MJF’s mom’s sign on Dynamite tonight lol. It’s easy to see where he got his personality from.

Someone else to keep an eye on is Jack Evans. He posted this hours ago.

A few weeks ago the first 45 minutes or so of RAW was a cringe worthy women's promo and a fatal 4 way match. I was thanking the good Lord above for DVR because I skipped it all.

Reactions: TheBlueCat

Actually Nyla was a man but thanks to medical breakthrough he can now compete as a woman.

I actually am starting to feel a bit bad for him because it seems like he’s quietly been replaced in Jurassic Express by Christian. Can’t remember the last time I saw Marko and nothing was ever said. He might be one to not have his contract renewed when it expires.
I wouldn’t feel bad for him. Guy probably got a nice amount of money and tv time, for having no real wrestling talent. He’s better off to just disappear from AEW and hopefully wrestling.

Dynamite Preview for tonight. Last I saw they had moved about 9,500 tickets or about twice what WWE did in the same arena a couple of weeks ago.

Bryan Danielson vs. John Silver
The Young Bucks vs. Rocky Romero & Orange Cassidy
The 2021 Dynamite Diamond Battle Royal
Jamie Hayter vs. Riho

Welp there’s this

Rumors for the Day:​

Tonight's Diamond Battle Royale should be interesting. Lots of opportunity for the CM Punk / MJF / Wardlow / Moriarty angle to be advanced.

Dante Martin vs MJF. Does he retain for a 3rd year in a row???! Putting Dante over MJF just doesn’t seem right while he’s feuding with Punk. Or does Punk interfere making this more heated and getting MJF to accept the challenges I can see that happening.

Reactions: TheExhaustedOne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT