ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Hulk Hogan may be on my mount rushmore of most hated wrestlers along with The Elite. I understand his importance and appeal back in the 80's but this guy was a terrible worker. He also seems to be a compulsive liar. It's like he packs so many tales that he begins to believe them himself. I honestly think Flair is the same way but something keeps me liking him. Plus he could work. Hogan is just shit all the way around.

Reactions: sefus12
Hulk Hogan may be on my mount rushmore of most hated wrestlers along with The Elite. I understand his importance and appeal back in the 80's but this guy was a terrible worker. He also seems to be a compulsive liar. It's like he packs so many tales that he begins to believe them himself. I honestly think Flair is the same way but something keeps me liking him. Plus he could work. Hogan is just shit all the way around.
I am not sure if it's true but I have heard that he doesn't know the difference between a wrist lock and a wrist watch.

Work rate mattered a lot less back then than it does now. Hogan had more good heat than anyone had or will ever have. Then to tack on the heel NWO run at the end was just icing on the cake.

I said this before, but hearing Hogan make up stuff about his career is like listening to someone like Mick Jagger make up crap about his career. We already know you got more ass than any normal person could dream of, you Made your millions, and you’ve partied on every continent. If mick jagger claimed he banged Britney Spears in 2000 would that really change your opinion of him? I ask the same when Hogan claimed that he wrestled 400 nights a year because of the international date line.

Since I'm surly today and bitching about the product, let's talk a little bit about the WWF's power couple. I've been a huge fan of Becky Lynch since she made her main roster debut. She showed that she can not only be the most over female in the industry but the most over superstar in the industry. This Big Time Becks heel personal is absolutely awful. We all know that everything is written for them but as a face, she was still a helluva promo and it at least seemed that she was speaking her own words. Nobody wants to boo Becky Lynch. Everyone loves her and that will not change. She's known outside of the ring as a huge sweetheart that's very humble. Even as a heel, you see the videos of her at events loving on little kids, etc. I've came to damn near hate Bianca Belaire just because they were pitting her against heel Becky.

Seth's new direction on the other side, sucks as well. His cadence in his promos are monotone and boring. The ridiculous outfits and over the top theatrics are just plain stupid. He's good as a heel or a babyface but I think his best work was as the straight guy fighting for what he got and that was as "Seth Freakin Rollins". He doesn't have the ability to be a good "character". It comes off as hokey and stupid.

The direction with Liv Morgan is interesting. I don't know if her work rate is quite there but she's good in the underdog role fighting the opportunity after finally getting out of the shadows. Sure, it's a rehash of Becky's rise to fame but that works. You have an absolutely beautiful woman that all the men love to look at but can also adore as the character.

I'm also curious as to what they plan on doing with Lexi when she returns. She's great as a bitchy heel but I dig her as a babyface. Again, beautiful woman that people see on social media as a sweetheart outside of the ring. With Carmela, Sasha, Zelina, you can have those eye candies be the bitchy heels.

Ridge Holland has a lot of potential to me. I'd like to see more in depth to his character but he has something about him that screams future superstar. He doesn't need a gimmick, just to show his personality some be it as a straight lace no nonsense badass or whatever.

Austin Theory has it. I just don't know if they will steer him in the right direction. Vince must love him because you're not going to have an on going angle with the boss unless he likes you. I just want him to not get too far into that selfie king gimmick.

Reactions: TCPUKChamps
This storyline with Malakai is getting interesting. I saw a good theory that death triangle will be the 3 to go. Pac will be the 1 to stand and the 3 to eventually stand together are Black, Pac and Brody King. That’ll be a badass stable if so. Plus it frees up the Lucha Bros to join Andrade if they go that route.

I had to watch the Cody/Andrandadadedad match for art reference…and good lord. That match is everything I hate about todays wrestling.

Reactions: Wesley91581
This storyline with Malakai is getting interesting. I saw a good theory that death triangle will be the 3 to go. Pac will be the 1 to stand and the 3 to eventually stand together are Black, Pac and Brody King. That’ll be a badass stable if so. Plus it frees up the Lucha Bros to join Andrade if they go that route.
No clue who the last one is but Black and Neville would be pretty good together for sure. Why does AEW get their bird so hard over stables though? How many damn stables does a company need?

No clue who the last one is but Black and Neville would be pretty good together for sure. Why does AEW get their bird so hard over stables though? How many damn stables does a company need?
I think they use stables to keep wrestlers relevant without them wrestling much. It keeps guys fresh too since they’re not wrestling all the time.

Reactions: Nbacats
I like stables but a lot of AEW’s stables, much like in NJPW, are just guys who come to the ring together. Nothing in common, no common goal, no reason to be together. Death Triangle was a perfect example of that.

Brody King is the best of the bunch imo. He’s like a white Keith Lee kinda. 6’5 and 300 but very athletic.

And it’s cause stables are awesome. I do wish some of the less important stables weren’t a thing but I get why they do it. Allows them to put way more people on tv than they could without stables.

Last edited:
So the War Games show was actually pretty good.
PwInsider reporting unless they’ve signed a short term deal Gargano and O’Reilly are likely done with NXT after Tuesday.

Reactions: ryanbruner
Jeff Hardy was sent home after Saturday night's WWE house show in Texas. Apparently wrestled in a 6-man tag match where he got more and more sluggish in the 10 minutes he was in the ring, and after a hot tag to McIntyre he left the ring through the crowd.

No one wants to jump to conclusions, but does not sound good.

Youtube footage:

Jeff Hardy was sent home after Saturday night's WWE house show in Texas. Apparently wrestled in a 6-man tag match where he got more and more sluggish in the 10 minutes he was in the ring, and after a hot tag to McIntyre he left the ring through the crowd.

No one wants to jump to conclusions, but does not sound good.

Youtube footage:
Hate it for him given his history but you know if wwe releases him he’s going to aew for a last run as the Hardy boys

Hate it for him given his history but you know if wwe releases him he’s going to aew for a last run as the Hardy boys
Doubt it. You just can't trust him. He's going to be a pariah. He's been given so many chances, but squandered every one.*

*Slim, outside chance this is a work given how WWE has been drawing on real-life storylines recently, so we shall see what happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheExhaustedOne
Fightful Select reported it's the internal belief that Johnny Gargano and Kyle O'Reilly will leave WWE once their contracts expire this month.

Gargano and O'Reilly were each in action during Sunday's War Games pay-per-view, and there were several allusions to Gargano's departure in particular. Johnny Wrestling is expected to address the NXT crowd during Tuesday's episode, where it's almost certain he will announce he's leaving.

Reactions: MoonshineMafia
If their contract naturally expires, there is nothing keeping them from going to another fed IMMEDIATELY upon departing WWE, correct? No waiting period required?

I think in one of his interviews Tony Khan said there would be new people in AEW in January. Still think the Bray Wyatt is going to be one of them.

Reactions: ryanbruner
So the War Games show was actually pretty good.
PwInsider reporting unless they’ve signed a short term deal Gargano and O’Reilly are likely done with NXT after Tuesday.
I turned it off after some point in the preshow when they were previewing the hair vs. hair match. One of the guys didn't have much hair to lose, and part of the rivalry was an in-ring poker match. I'm not giving that stupidity the time of day.

I turned it off after some point in the preshow when they were previewing the hair vs. hair match. One of the guys didn't have much hair to lose, and part of the rivalry was an in-ring poker match. I'm not giving that stupidity the time of day.

I can see that but once they got to the actual wrestling it was pretty good.

I can see that but once they got to the actual wrestling it was pretty good.
I figure watching any further just gives them the idea that I approve that nonsense. They can see the exact time every single person stopped watching.

I liked the Wyatt family until the show after Mania when the kid started singing "I've got the whole world in my hands" and scared Cena.

I liked The Fiend until he actually showed up in the ring. I loved the original skits, but damn once he showed up live it was death.

Did a good job of killing Seth Rollins too.

Reactions: BigTimeBecks3500
What in particular do you miss about him? That he's a former WWE Champ?

The Fiend gimmick was cool in theory but flamed out quickly. They Wyatt family stuff was ok. He's not a good worker. Not sure what the fascination is with getting all these ex WWE guys into a promotion that doesn't need them.
The fiend gimmick was ruined by booking. No bray. That company threw every obstacle in Bray’s way and he overcame them all. Bray is a great human being and a great performer. I don’t give a shit that he was a WWE champion. I don’t care about picking sides with each company either. They’re 2 different products. Wrestling is more fun when Bray Wyatt is involved. With kayfabe being dead it’s nearly impossible to get a gimmick like his over and he managed to do it over and over again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT