ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

I think it was Vampiro who said La Parka is a tough SOB who doesn't take anything from anyone. Said he got paid a ham sandwich for a week's work when he first broke in as a rib and basically was bitter and aggressive the whole rest of his career towards promoters and guys who tried to make him look bad.

Given that, Super Calo must have done something really shitty to him at some point

la_parka_super_calo_chair_shot_360.gif

PessimisticCourageousAmericanredsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

NHtk7eo.gif

Last edited:
I think WWE owns the video and I hope someday they piut up the OVW stuff from the mid 2000’s when Heyman was in charge.
It was far and away the best wrestling show every week.
The segments with Armoando Estrada, Mr. Kennedy and Maria were Comedy gold

Super Calo just took moves straight on. Never blocked anything, never protected himself, looked like he got injured in every match.

tenor.gif

^Still my favorite La Parka GIF.

Super Calo just really sucked and almost broke his neck every match
But yeah, La Parka would take liberties and Super Calo was too awful/stupid to not let guys murder him to death with hard plastic chairs and such. A match made in awesome gif heaven.

Mamaw is looking down on the gif of Disco getting clobbered and smiling.

I think it was Vampiro who said La Parka is a tough SOB who doesn't take anything from anyone. Said he got paid a ham sandwich for a week's work when he first broke in as a rib and basically was bitter and aggressive the whole rest of his career towards promoters and guys who tried to make him look bad.

Given that, Super Calo must have done something really shitty to him at some point

la_parka_super_calo_chair_shot_360.gif

PessimisticCourageousAmericanredsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

NHtk7eo.gif

Hell those last two weren’t even that bad. The first one is pretty hilarious/legit.

Wrestlers are stupid people, mostly.

^^^ That is awful....

So has anyone read the SI piece on Dave Meltzer than ran a couple of weeks ago. Talking about his rating system and how things have
gotten a little crazy. If not here you go.

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2018/08/15/dave-meltzer-observer-star-ratings-wwe-njpw

Interesting to note this was the first ever 5 star match, Terry Funk vs. Jerry Lawler from 1981. I don't think this is the whole match but man
this was some kind of brawl.

King's working punches are still the best ever and whoever's second best isn't even close unless you're a big Scott Hall fan. Nobody got more out of a punch than Lawler.

Bret Hart's punches were dope *whistles walking away with hands in pockets*

Cornette and Norm Dooley inventing the star system as a joke is one of the better pieces of wrestling trivia

^^^ That is awful....

So has anyone read the SI piece on Dave Meltzer than ran a couple of weeks ago. Talking about his rating system and how things have
gotten a little crazy. If not here you go.

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2018/08/15/dave-meltzer-observer-star-ratings-wwe-njpw

Interesting to note this was the first ever 5 star match, Terry Funk vs. Jerry Lawler from 1981. I don't think this is the whole match but man
this was some kind of brawl.

So many adults and old people in that crowd getting rowdy. No kids. Will never see that again.

apparently Jason Sensation said on twitter that he got a gun past security and is going to kill himself during Raw tonight :\

Maybe it’ll get Vince some ratings. Probably hoping he does it while Roman is holding the mic.
iWubOnb.gif

Lmao Vince doing everything he can to get Roman cheered. Backfired on him last week. I don’t know about this week. I’m still not cheering Roman and hope Braun “accidentally” puts him on the shelf for atleast 6 months at HIAC.

The more I think about it the more I realize just how far out the Cancer known as Roman has spread. It’s negatively affected Seth, Dean, Braun for sure and you can even make a case that he’s hurt Balor and Owens. He’s about be the sole cause for Braun’s spiral. Strowman isn’t winning at HIAC. Vince isn’t taking the title off his butt buddy just 3 weeks after finally putting it on him.

I’ve never looked forward to a wrestlers retirement until now. Roman is 33. I just pray by the time he’s 40 he’s done.

Last thing, I always wanted Omega to come to the WWE so I could see him every week but I’ve changed my mind on that. The amount of anger I’d have if he came just to be buried by Boreman would be unhealthy. And that’s exactly what would happen.

Last edited:
Did Jason Sensation kill himself or was it another Matt Hardy eating grapes on a webcam carny fake suicide angle for which he deserves to be permanently shunned?

So was that supposed to be a Braun heel turn or just him getting even with the Shield? Also, what was up with KO and I quit? Overall, Raw was meh which I expected. Trish still looks amazing though.

(GIF of IWC bro in Paul Heyman Guy T-shirt biting one of his WWE DVDs in half after 2014 Royal Rumble, only in text form)
Bruh. You're like Keith Olbermann with the President. Don't go full Olbermann. It's wrestling. At its worst (which is WCW having Chris Kanyon get thrown off the top of the cage and acting like it killed him, in the same arena where Owen died, less than a year after Owen died), it shouldn't make you THIS mad.

Also, if Vince and Roman Reigns are in a homosexual relationship, Shawn Michaels is going to lose his smile.

Turns out it was a 'joke' and he wasn't even at Raw
Great joke. Great timing, great delivery, classic comedy. I hope he gets struck by lightning.

Reactions: Col. Angus
So was that supposed to be a Braun heel turn or just him getting even with the Shield? Also, what was up with KO and I quit? Overall, Raw was meh which I expected. Trish still looks amazing though.

KO probably going to take his ball and go home until Zayn gets back since he can’t work a successful angle without him.

So what is up with all of the Hollywood Hogan NWO promos he has been doing on Twitter? I heard he says he has a big announcement for 10/27 too. Could the WWE be bringing back the NWO?

The last nwo thing I saw had the new freaking Shield logo at the end of it. I’ll lose my mind in a bad way if those 3 icons endorse 2 good wrestlers and 1 giant douchebag.

Bruh. You're like Keith Olbermann with the President. Don't go full Olbermann. It's wrestling. At its worst (which is WCW having Chris Kanyon get thrown off the top of the cage and acting like it killed him, in the same arena where Owen died, less than a year after Owen died), it shouldn't make you THIS mad.

Also, if Vince and Roman Reigns are in a homosexual relationship, Shawn Michaels is going to lose his smile.

Great joke. Great timing, great delivery, classic comedy. I hope he gets struck by lightning.
I know I shouldn’t care this much, especially since I only started watching wwe again the last year or two but Roman is the most hatable motherf’er I’ve ever seen in wrestling. If it was just solely about him I still wouldn’t like him but I wouldn’t despise him. But what takes it to the next level is how he’s single handedly held the Raw roster hostage the last 3 years. Vince is purposely throwing cold water on their hottest guys trying everything he can to get Roman liked.

NaiveDisfiguredAnemonecrab-size_restricted.gif

Don't eff with La Parka.

I witnessed something similar to this at the Old Evansville Coliseum on a Wednesday night show. Jonathan of the Sheepherders was wrestling and some random fan dumped up on the ring aprin and pushed him. He slapped the shit out of the guy. Dude sat behind me the whole night saying "I am going to kick his ass after the show." I turned around to the poor dude and said "You better let it go, he smacked the shit out of you as a warning." His face stayed red with a hand print.

I think they dont know what to make of it themselves. Trying to make Braun cash-in after Roman had a match is a heel thing, but having him do it face to face instead of sneaking up on Roman is more face-like. So it probably didn't get Braun booed and Roman cheered like they wanted.
Having the Shield come out was supposed to get Roman cheered, but having a 3 on 1 attack made the Shield look more like heels.

Having Braun align himself with two heels is probably supposed to turn him heel, but it's really just him evening the odds to fight off the two other guys who attacked him and kept him from cashing in, which is more face-like.
So congrats WWE, your writing still sucks and makes no sense.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Guys, Guys...they have to keep building Roman up for his inevitable conquering at the hands of Paducah’s own Ricochet. Ppffftt...surprised you didn’t know that.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT