ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Screw Roman. Him winning ruined the entire PPV. Seeing that smug smile on that POS’s face while holding the belt made my blood boil. I never thought I’d wish for a time that super Cena would show up but I’d be fine with it if he got the belt off Lames. I’d rather Heath f’ing Slater be the UC than Roman. If Braun doesn’t take that belt from Roman by WrestleMania I’ll be 100% done with WWE.

Probably still keep up with nxt though. Funny thing, know why nxt is so much better than the main roster? Because 90%+ of their top talent are guys they’ve poached from njpw, roh and other indies.

Speaking of Royal Rumble...Daniel Bryan is second betting choice to win...the first betting choice right now is

I enjoyed the entire show and that says a lot considering WWF shows are pretty much shit these days.

I liked the finish to the main event. I know people hate on Roman but it was good to finally get the belt off of the no talent, non drawing, part time, joke in Brock Lesnar. Why he held the title for so long, I'll never know.

I also liked Becky's pop when she snapped. A lot of people are calling it a heel turn, but a heel turn gets boos. That was far and away the pop of the night.

I enjoyed the entire show and that says a lot considering WWF shows are pretty much shit these days.

I liked the finish to the main event. I know people hate on Roman but it was good to finally get the belt off of the no talent, non drawing, part time, joke in Brock Lesnar. Why he held the title for so long, I'll never know.

I also liked Becky's pop when she snapped. A lot of people are calling it a heel turn, but a heel turn gets boos. That was far and away the pop of the night.

It was pretty much the same reaction as Bayley’s “Heel turn”

Charlotte is getting as bad as Roman Reigns when it comes to shoving it down the fans throats...nobody wanted to see her win last night.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
HOT TAKE: The wrestlers on the main roster are better than the wrestlers on NXT.

When Michigan was a better basketball team than Michigan State last season, it wasn't because they were more talented. They weren't.

Vince is Tom Izzo.

I thought most of SummerFest was a pretty good show. Wasn't a big fan of the last two matches.
Though Alexa should have at least gotten some offense in
during the match. Guess only Hootie McBoobs can do that.

Anyone in the Owensboro area NXT is going to be running a show there in October.

Screw Roman. Him winning ruined the entire PPV. Seeing that smug smile on that POS’s face while holding the belt made my blood boil. I never thought I’d wish for a time that super Cena would show up but I’d be fine with it if he got the belt off Lames. I’d rather Heath f’ing Slater be the UC than Roman. If Braun doesn’t take that belt from Roman by WrestleMania I’ll be 100% done with WWE.

Probably still keep up with nxt though. Funny thing, know why nxt is so much better than the main roster? Because 90%+ of their top talent are guys they’ve poached from njpw, roh and other indies.
:joy:

It was pretty much the same reaction as Bayley’s “Heel turn”

Charlotte is getting as bad as Roman Reigns when it comes to shoving it down the fans throats...nobody wanted to see her win last night.

Charlotte is a seven-time champ, nearly twice as many as Reigns. I’d say she’s worse than Reigns. Don’t forget she also had the NXT title, Divas title and both brands world title, broke Asuka’s streak.

Reigns hadn’t been world champ in over two years until last night.

Reactions: FtCampbellCat
What I hated about the ending was that they just ended it without Braun saying he wasn't cashing in. He could have at least gotten up and stumbled backstage and said " You're a** is safe, for now" or something. I still was expecting him to get up and try to cash in. I figured they had Brock do that to him so it wouldn't be like he was going into the match completely fresh. He said he didn't care who the champ was, he was facing them. He was still moving around on the ground while Roman was celebrating, he could've still gotten up. He's been through worse and gotten up.

Charlotte is a seven-time champ, nearly twice as many as Reigns. I’d say she’s worse than Reigns. Don’t forget she also had the NXT title, Divas title and both brands world title, broke Asuka’s streak.

Reigns hadn’t been world champ in over two years until last night.

Mainly because Brock had been champ for like 500 days...of course that 500 days only included 2 matches against Reigns. :joy:

Reactions: KingOfBBN
No joke. I think Brock only wrestled 11 or 12 matches all together from WrestleMania 33 to last night. That’s including house shows.

You guys do realize that Braun was only there to get the match over right? Vince used Strowman I prevent the crowd from hijacking the match. He is so set on Reigns he knowingly used an over wrestler to stick it to the crowd. I just... I... man, to be a billionare and not care about your viewers reactio.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Originally it was worth having Brock to get Roman that extra humph he needed to get over against a mega monster. This issue became that once fans saw him even with the shield we knew this day was coming regardless of talent.

It’s as if we were the pouting 8 year olds being offered cake and ice cream, and screaming no just to show we meant business!

Right now, in all honesty Roman is the best champ to have because as is there limitless feuds/booking to keep him going for at least a year!

You could book another rematch, Braun........have Dean or Rollins help vs Braun and mess up starting a feud with either, buy some time and have Ziggler vs Roman as title be title, come back to Roman/Lashley, and if Cena came back then you’d have that naturally to step into.

Easy call here, and booking should be simple.

Reactions: FtCampbellCat
It wouldn't surprise me tonight to see them say that Stroman did cash MITB last night and got counted out while Roman celebrated in the ring. That would protect Regins from him for a while. He did say he was challenging whoever won.

Originally it was worth having Brock to get Roman that extra humph he needed to get over against a mega monster. This issue became that once fans saw him even with the shield we knew this day was coming regardless of talent.

It’s as if we were the pouting 8 year olds being offered cake and ice cream, and screaming no just to show we meant business!

Right now, in all honesty Roman is the best champ to have because as is there limitless feuds/booking to keep him going for at least a year!

You could book another rematch, Braun........have Dean or Rollins help vs Braun and mess up starting a feud with either, buy some time and have Ziggler vs Roman as title be title, come back to Roman/Lashley, and if Cena came back then you’d have that naturally to step into.

Easy call here, and booking should be simple.

Imagine how many possibilities you could have for a champ if you had not spent the last how many years dead set on trying to get Roman over as a baby face.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ok cool, let’s look at that.......

Who hasn’t been hurt and/or missed time since they have tried to get Roman over?

Start there

Well you can’t include Roman on that list cause he has missed time.

Of course the difference is as soon as Roman comes back he goes right back to the Main Event.

Everyone else seems to be punished for getting hurt and thrown into terrible midcard feuds.

I can’t think of any other main eventers that haven’t been out in the last 2 years except Braun.

I guess Roman missed during this time and I enjoyed it, but I don’t remember it.

Honestly he hasn’t missed much, I can only think of a couple of months he was out for surgery. That was what 3-4 years ago?

Just now turned over to Raw for the first time in probably a year to see Reigns and Balor each kick out of multiple “finishers”. Twitter said they were rasslin and I like Balor.

Changed the channel.

**** that bullshit. I immediately check out when finishers are used as set up moves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wesley91581
Piss on Dean and Seth. Piss on Vince for keeping the title on someone that crowd wanted to lose the title to either Balor or Braun and then having the audacity to keep him face.

Gotcha never heard that. So we get Braun chasing to summer slam I assume?

It would be nice for someone to get Brauns back. Maybe Ziggler and McIntyre but that would suck!

Gotcha never heard that. So we get Braun chasing to summer slam I assume?

It would be nice for someone to get Brauns back. Maybe Ziggler and McIntyre but that would suck!
I’d like for the AOP and Braun to just destroy the 3 douchebags.

Vince brought them out thinking it’d Roman cheered and it sounded to me like they were booed when beating on Braun. I’d also say the majority on Twitter didn’t like it either. People aren’t going to like Roman no matter what they do. Give it up. Wish he was shipped to Smackdown so he could be their problem.

Charlotte is fantastic in the ring, but she doesn't have charisma. It's like she can't figure out what made her father great.

Carmella shouldn't have cried when she lost, makes her look weak.

Reigns...

Maybe he'll be an anchor to Seth and Dean?

My question from last night is Braun the heel now for trying to cash in after Roman already had a match like a heel would or
Are The Shield heels now for attacking Strowman???

I would argue they are at least trying to do something with Cien and Vega, the AOP not so much.

Unless they are going to put her with Rousey and the other MMA women I don't see Bazler doing well on the main roster.

What is the short term plan for the title? Will they keep it on Reigns, or Braun cash in and win?

Seems Reigns should get a good run, he hasn't held the Championships long in his career. He's not being booked to be face of the company.

How good would the 1994 War Games have been if Bunkhouse Buck was replaced with Haku and the damn God-forsaken Nasty Boys weren't in there? Dusty, Goldy, Funk, Arn, Rob Fuller, Haku. Replace the Nasty Boys with Brian Pillman and a broomstick and you've got a classic

How good would the 1994 War Games have been if Bunkhouse Buck was replaced with Haku and the damn God-forsaken Nasty Boys weren't in there? Dusty, Goldy, Funk, Arn, Rob Fuller, Haku. Replace the Nasty Boys with Brian Pillman and a broomstick and you've got a classic
Same show as Hacksaw beating Austin for the US Title in 6 seconds.

1994 WCW makes for some extremely weird viewing and I love it because you can tell when the Hogan hammer drops.

Austin: Fired
Cactus Jack: Fired
Funk: Horse got sick
Rude: Career-ending injury
Steamboat: Career-ending injury
Pillman: Car accident
Flair: Buried
Sting: Buried
Vader: Buried

And in their place...

Hacksaw, Honky, Beefer, Jimmy Hart, Quake, Mr. T, Dave Sullivan, and the Nasty Boys were already there but had long worn out their usefulness.

Reactions: K-mac18
The Pwinsider guys are reporting Erick Rowan tore his bicep at Summerslam and will have to have surgery.

Liked he and Harper as part of the Wyatt Family but the Bludgeon Brothers aren't really doing it for me.

What is the greatest face turn in pro wrestling history and why is it Dave Batista turning on Triple H?

This is an absolutely flawless angle, with the exception of Triple H's feathered hair and handlebar mustache. This video culminated about 6 months' worth of build. WWE doesn't have the patience to let anything simmer for 6 months anymore - at least not the main roster. But they ought to, because I don't think Dave Batista could have been the star he became if it had been the rocket push. And if this can work for Dave Batista, it can work for a lot more guys who have flaws.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT