ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

I like fake boobs, but hers look HARD. Like… I don’t wanna see the round outline on the top of your titties.they shouldn’t look like someone stapled a balloon to your chest. Just looks ****in weird. TOO fake.

I've spent more than one too many nights at Cowboys. You'll experience every type of implant there is. Some left me with only nightmares

Somebody must have hijacked Col. Angus' account because the Col. Angus I know wouldn't complain about her or any woman's boobs.
I like all boobs. Only love some. I’d take anything but if we’re talkin about somebody I’m supposed to lust over I’m gonna get picky here and there.

Reactions: Wesley91581
I've spent more than one too many nights at Cowboys. You'll experience every type of implant there is. Some left me with only nightmares
Speaking of. Didn’t Charlotte have to get one of hers fixed a few years ago? Had to go through another surgery to fix a botched boob job?

She's got dead eyes

lifeless-eyes-black-eyes-like-a-dolls-eyes-robert-shaw.gif

Tonight on AEW Collision:

Atlanta Street Fight
House of Black vs Mark Briscoe, Jay Lethal & Jeff Jarrett

The debut of The Elite

The first ever Toni Awards

"Lionheart" Chris Jericho vs Titán

Místico vs Angelico

Mariah May vs Trish Adore

Bryan Danielson vs Shane Taylor

Nick Wayne vs Adam Priest

Tony Schiavone interviews FTR

Exactly. The ECW style appealed to me when I was 17. I can’t watch it today at 43. Nothing in wrestling shocks me after living through that era, and modern attempts seem like cosplay to me.

That said, Darby will have a shorter career than a non-spot monkey but it’s his career not mine.
Darby said himself he never has had any plans to have a long wrestling career.

- I'm noticing a trend - AEW wrestlers calling out their shit booking. First Wardlow, now Darby with White. Doing that doesn't make AEW look the brightest but if it's Tony's way of saying he hears the fans and it's time to get serious, then it's a good thing I guess. "We fked this guy over" is probably not something that needs to be highlighted weekly.

- Having said that, some have joked online that the new set and colors make AEW look like NXT 3.0 but it's a bigtime improvement.

- Cool seeing Okada there but (and this is just me) his re-debut didn't really scream "one of the best in the world has just arrived." Maybe it was doing it infront of 3,000 fans, maybe it was immediately turning heel, I dunno. I'm just pretty sick of anything Elite or Bullet Club.
The color scheme, when combined with the return of the tunnels, is pretty obviously a return to the Dynamite of yore

Enjoyed Dynamite last night, though the first segment felt like more of a WWE show, but I didn't hate it.
Whatever buzz from Sunday, if there was any for AEW, didn't translate into Wednesday.

779,000 viewers and a .27- down quite a bit from last week.
AEW didn't advertise shit for the show. Most of the stuff that happened was either never advertised or only advertised a few hours or less in advance. If you aren't hot, you have to advertise and promote your shit if you want people to watch your product, this isn't some build it and they will come Field of Dreams situation.

I'm not even saying tell us every segment/match that's going to happen. Just advertise so and so is going to be on the show. It's not that ****ing difficult to do. Wrestling is a talent-driven business, you advertise top names on the show and people are going to tune in to watch.

Seriously, by the end of my lunch break on Wednesday, I went into the afternoon literally knowing nothing but the two below things were happening on Dynamite. It looked like it was going to be a nothing burger of an episode.
  • Ospreay vs. Kyle Fletcher was announced during the PPV, the nothing was advertised about it on social media until after 11 pm Tuesday night. Fletcher isn't exactly a well known name, and he's been off tv for a while because of visa issues. So not exactly a marquee matchup to look forward to if you aren't familiar with Kyle Fletcher
  • Stat vs. Riho wasn't advertised until 8:15 on Tuesday night.
That's just not going to get the job done. I should have known by the end of Sunday nearly every major name who was planned for the show and all of it should have been plastered all over AEW's social media by Monday evening at the absolute latest.

People with segments/matches that got advertised but only a few hours or less ahead of showtime
  • Swerve/Nana - and he was only advertised an hour before showtime.
  • Darby Allin
  • Hook vs. Brian Cage
  • Young Bucks
Everyone else that showed up? Not advertised. That includes:
  1. Okada
  2. Eddie Kingston
  3. Samoa Joe - the world champ not advertised!
  4. Danielson
  5. Jericho
  6. Christian
  7. Copeland
  8. Julia Hart
  9. Orange Cassidy
  10. Toni Storm and Mariah May
  11. Mark Briscoe
  12. Jay White
And that's not even a full list

Yea she’s hot but there’s somethin weird about her. Almost too plastic lookin. Too shiny. Too Barbie doll sorta. I dunno.

Ain’t complaining, just think with a few minor tweaks she could take it to another level.
Just say she looks really fake. I mean we know her boobs are fake after all. Her lips probably are too. And her eyelashes.

Last edited:
And especially Okada. Why couldn't he have been advertised? Unless heavily teased, surprises don't sell tickets and surprises don't generate viewers. That Okada segment on Dynamite could have played out the exact same way had Okada been announced. And they could have potentially benefitted from it long term by having people tune in to watch what was by all accounts a very strong episode of Dynamite. Now people are going to see the clips of his debut without potentially seeing any of the rest of the episode.

Same with Mercedes. Why not advertise her? She's a proven needle mover outside of WWE - Big Business next week sold like 7K tickets just based off a small tease of her debuting and her New Japan/Stardom shows did big business as well.

She's got 2.5 million Twitter followers, 6.3 million Instagram followers. That's more than what AEW has themselves on those platforms as AEW only has 2.3 million followers on Instagram and 981.2K on Twitter. Imagine how many people would potentially buy tickets or tune in to watch just from MErcedes being able to advertise her debut on her socials.

But no, let's debut her as a "surprise" primarily to a bunch of people who already know she's going to be debuting. ****ing genius level promoting.

AEW didn't advertise shit for the show. Most of the stuff that happened was either never advertised or only advertised a few hours or less in advance. If you aren't hot, you have to advertise and promote your shit if you want people to watch your product, this isn't some build it and they will come Field of Dreams situation.

I'm not even saying tell us every segment/match that's going to happen. Just advertise so and so is going to be on the show. It's not that ****ing difficult to do. Wrestling is a talent-driven business, you advertise top names on the show and people are going to tune in to watch.

Seriously, by the end of my lunch break on Wednesday, I went into the afternoon literally knowing nothing but the two below things were happening on Dynamite. It looked like it was going to be a nothing burger of an episode.
  • Ospreay vs. Kyle Fletcher was announced during the PPV, the nothing was advertised about it on social media until after 11 pm Tuesday night. Fletcher isn't exactly a well known name, and he's been off tv for a while because of visa issues. So not exactly a marquee matchup to look forward to if you aren't familiar with Kyle Fletcher
  • Stat vs. Riho wasn't advertised until 8:15 on Tuesday night.
That's just not going to get the job done. I should have known by the end of Sunday nearly every major name who was planned for the show and all of it should have been plastered all over AEW's social media by Monday evening at the absolute latest.

People with segments/matches that got advertised but only a few hours or less ahead of showtime
  • Swerve/Nana - and he was only advertised an hour before showtime.
  • Darby Allin
  • Hook vs. Brian Cage
  • Young Bucks
Everyone else that showed up? Not advertised. That includes:
  1. Okada
  2. Eddie Kingston
  3. Samoa Joe - the world champ not advertised!
  4. Danielson
  5. Jericho
  6. Christian
  7. Copeland
  8. Julia Hart
  9. Orange Cassidy
  10. Toni Storm and Mariah May
  11. Mark Briscoe
  12. Jay White
And that's not even a full list
Welp this is why they aren’t growing their audience - TK needs a trusted advisor to assist and market or plan better

Advertising and promoting Ospreay, Okada, and Mone is simple shit. AEW provided a very short package on Ospreay a week prior but that's it. If these three really are game changers, AEW should've had promotion and packages (with AEW talent putting these three over as the best in the business) galore. Within a package for Ospreay, Danielson could've begrudgingly put him over but also have acted aggressive towards him coming back in. We saw a version of that with Punk/Rollins/DM Hunk. This is simple stuff that flies over Tony's disheveled locks.

Social media numbers aren't everything either. Just because TK inserted himself into the Jinder/Rollins thing and got something like 7 mil views from those tweets doesn't mean 7 mil people will now watch the next episode of Dynamite. Mone may have millions of followers and her along with AEW promoting her weeks in advance would help but millions (of her followers) weren't going to watch Wednesday night regardless. All in all, it's poor planning, a lack of decision making, and Tony believing every wrestling fan gives a shit about these three. They don't.

That’s one thing Vince had a problem with ripping up scripts at the last minute and confusing everyone.

I’ve noticed with hhh a lot of times at least the big stuff is announced a week or more in advance so as to utilize the next few data to promote on social media.

And especially Okada. Why couldn't he have been advertised? Unless heavily teased, surprises don't sell tickets and surprises don't generate viewers. That Okada segment on Dynamite could have played out the exact same way had Okada been announced. And they could have potentially benefitted from it long term by having people tune in to watch what was by all accounts a very strong episode of Dynamite. Now people are going to see the clips of his debut without potentially seeing any of the rest of the episode.

Same with Mercedes. Why not advertise her? She's a proven needle mover outside of WWE - Big Business next week sold like 7K tickets just based off a small tease of her debuting and her New Japan/Stardom shows did big business as well.

She's got 2.5 million Twitter followers, 6.3 million Instagram followers. That's more than what AEW has themselves on those platforms as AEW only has 2.3 million followers on Instagram and 981.2K on Twitter. Imagine how many people would potentially buy tickets or tune in to watch just from MErcedes being able to advertise her debut on her socials.

But no, let's debut her as a "surprise" primarily to a bunch of people who already know she's going to be debuting. ****ing genius level promoting.

Fully agree here. I get surprise debuts for decent names who are known but not “known outside of wrestling” known. If I were debuting Mone, as you said, I would be promoting it weeks or even months in advance.

Reactions: GeraldV
Legendary boxer Muhammad Ali will be posthumously inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame as part of the Class of 2024 next month in Philadelphia.
WWE announced the honor Monday, meaning Ali will join several past celebrity inductees into the WWE Hall of Fame, include all-time MLB hits leader Pete Rose, heavyweight boxing legend Mike Tyson and actor Mr. T, among others.
Ali, who died in 2016 at the age of 74, is regarded by many to be the greatest boxer of all time, and he also dipped his toe in the professional wrestling waters on a few occasions.

This was Amanda Huber's original post.

Also Raw for tonight..

Gauntlet: Sami Zayn vs. Ricochet vs. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Bronson Reed vs. JD McDonagh vs. Chad Gable - Winner will challenge WWE Intercontinental Champion GUNTHER at Wrestlemania 40.
Becky Lynch vs. Liv Morgan.
WWE Women's Tag Team Champions The Kabuki Warriors vs. Shayna Baszler and Zoey Stark.

Reactions: AmericanDragon
Gauntlet: Sami Zayn vs. Ricochet vs. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Bronson Reed vs. JD McDonagh vs. Chad Gable
I think they should have saved this for Wrestlemania and have Gunther be the last man of the gauntlet like a video game final boss. None of those guys however deserve to beat him.

Reactions: K-mac18
Miro might be the most disappointing wrestler in recent memory. Granted, he doesn't have a personality but you can always work around that. I mean, it's either him or StroooowMAN. I also caught a clip of Okada wrestling a jobber crew on Collision and he hit what was probably the prettiest drop kick I've ever seen. Goddamn shame it was 1) against a jobber and 2) seen by only a few hundred thousand people.

Miro might be the most disappointing wrestler in recent memory. Granted, he doesn't have a personality but you can always work around that. I mean, it's either him or StroooowMAN. I also caught a clip of Okada wrestling a jobber crew on Collision and he hit what was probably the prettiest drop kick I've ever seen. Goddamn shame it was 1) against a jobber and 2) seen by only a few hundred thousand people.
His drop kick is fantastic - the elevation and accuracy it’s so smooth and he makes it look so easy.

Man that Maxine thing was weird I think she was actually doing decent and they did that bullying thing on her - kinda odd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT