ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Beard to Arkansas?

BigKari

Senior
Apr 15, 2014
Something I’m seeing out there that I’m not seeing on here. He’s not really on my list, but he would accept the UK job in a heartbeat if he ever got the call.

OJ wasn't convicted of anything either.
He wasn't. Nor did his victims recant.

He has to be convicted? Everything points to what was in the police report is true. The woman refused to cooperate. That doesn’t exonerate him.
To be guilty, yea! That's kind of how the courts work in the US.

Also, his fiance recanted and basically admitted he acted in self-defense.

Trew said Beard was acting in self-defense and she “doesn’t believe Chris was trying to intentionally harm me in any way.”

“Chris and I are deeply saddened that we have brought negative attention upon our family, friends, and the University of Texas, among others,” the statement said. “As Chris’ fiancée and biggest supporter, I apologize for the role I played in this unfortunate event. I realize that my frustration, when breaking his glasses, initiated a physical struggle between Chris and myself.”

Typically, KXAN doesn’t publically name alleged victims of domestic violence, but in this case, Trew agreed to be named publically, according to Associated Press.

“Chris did not strangle me, and I told that to law enforcement that evening. Chris has stated that he was acting in self-defense, and I do not refute that. I do not believe Chris was trying to intentionally harm me in any way. It was never my intent to have him arrested or prosecuted. We appreciate everyone’s support and prayers during this difficult time,” Trew’s statement said

So, which statement of hers do you choose to beleive?

Trew said Beard was acting in self-defense and she “doesn’t believe Chris was trying to intentionally harm me in any way.”

“Chris and I are deeply saddened that we have brought negative attention upon our family, friends, and the University of Texas, among others,” the statement said. “As Chris’ fiancée and biggest supporter, I apologize for the role I played in this unfortunate event. I realize that my frustration, when breaking his glasses, initiated a physical struggle between Chris and myself.”

Typically, KXAN doesn’t publically name alleged victims of domestic violence, but in this case, Trew agreed to be named publically, according to Associated Press.

“Chris did not strangle me, and I told that to law enforcement that evening. Chris has stated that he was acting in self-defense, and I do not refute that. I do not believe Chris was trying to intentionally harm me in any way. It was never my intent to have him arrested or prosecuted. We appreciate everyone’s support and prayers during this difficult time,” Trew’s statement said

Was Ray Rice acting in self defense? We saw that video, she hit him and he hit her. In this case there was evidence of bite marks, as well as cuts and bruises on her face and legs. Once she realized the guy she was engaged to was about to lose his high paying job, she recanted. They evidence of him biting her, cutting her and bruising her was there.

Reactions: shakestheclown564

My God lol

No disrespect, but this entire comment drips of ignorance about what really happens during domestic abuse. Her recanting her story follows the script of high profile/famous domestic abuse perfectly.

No disrespect, but this entire comment drips of ignorance about what really happens during domestic abuse. Her recanting her story follows the script of high profile/famous domestic abuse perfectly.

what was her original statement?

Reactions: Easternkybb
what was her original statement?
"According to the police report, Beard's fiancée Randi Trew told them Beard, "choked me, bit me, bruises all over my leg, throwing me around, and going nuts," consistent with bite marks on her arm and cuts on her face and leg."

Reactions: Mike-D
"According to the police report, Beard's fiancée Randi Trew told them Beard, "choked me, bit me, bruises all over my leg, throwing me around, and going nuts," consistent with bite marks on her arm and cuts on her face and leg."

So 1 of them is crazy. Gonna guess he is, but she ain't leaving the money. Do they have kids? Child support cures this.

Any evidence she didn’t attack him? Any evidence what she said wasn’t a lie? I’ll trust a prosecutor over you.
Fair enough. A prosecutor needs a witness. If you know anything about domestic violence, this really does fit squarely into the puzzle. There was evidence documented obviously, and she had plenty of motive to recant once they both sobered up and she realized that her 911 call might have derailed the gravy train. Having said that, I believer in second chances and redemption. I hope Chris Beard nothing but the best, just not here.

Fair enough. A prosecutor needs a witness. If you know anything about domestic violence, this really does fit squarely into the puzzle. There was evidence documented obviously, and she had plenty of motive to recant once they both sobered up and she realized that her 911 call might have derailed the gravy train. Having said that, I believer in second chances and redemption. I hope Chris Beard nothing but the best, just not here.
Actually a prosecutor doesn’t need a witness in situations like this if there is enough evidence. Your jaded and that is fine you can make assumptions all you want but I can tell you with certainty there are domestic violence cases everyday that prosecutors pickup when one won’t testify. There’s more to this story you don’t know about. A 911 tape and evidence is enough to get it to a plea bargain. Lots of people have went to prison for a lot less. Glass houses…..

Actually a prosecutor doesn’t need a witness in situations like this if there is enough evidence. Your jaded and that is fine you can make assumptions all you want but I can tell you with certainty there are domestic violence cases everyday that prosecutors pickup when one won’t testify. There’s more to this story you don’t know about. A 911 tape and evidence is enough to get it to a plea bargain. Lots of people have went to prison for a lot less. Glass houses…..
Not sure if you are a lawyer, but I was for a long time. The only domestic violence cases that get prosecuted without witnesses generally are where the victim can be basically threatened by the prosecution to testify or get charged themselves. Here, where both now take the same position, the state is not going to spend resources prosecuting a case where the victim is going to say it was my fault. He was fired, so the prosecution didn't see the need spend time and energy. They were moving out of the jurisdiction anyway.

Not sure if you are a lawyer, but I was for a long time. The only domestic violence cases that get prosecuted without witnesses generally are where the victim can be basically threatened by the prosecution to testify or get charged themselves. Here, where both now take the same position, the state is not going to spend resources prosecuting a case where the victim is going to say it was my fault. He was fired, so the prosecution didn't see the need spend time and energy. They were moving out of the jurisdiction anyway.
IF you were a lawyer. then you would know it just takes a prosecutor deciding to do it and no case is alike. Yes in my former life I saw some really screwed up things in the courtroom. I even saw a gang member on initiation go into someone’s house and proceeded to get his butt whipped and drug out to the front yard by the owner. The owner went to jail. Judging a person without all the details makes you being a lawyer suspect. Either way we see it differently. I believe he wasn’t tried by the state and I wasn’t there so it isn’t right to judge a man from a distance. Could he have done it? Yeah maybe but she also could be a lying a$$ woman or instigated it herself with an agenda and the prosecutor could see that. Not for me to Judge. And it’s annoying to see people judge with such certainty without knowing the details.

Beard would kill it at UK. He was never convicted of anything, so not sure why he wouldn't be considered.
Some of you think a lot more of this guy than he is worth. Too many other better ones out there. To my knowledge they do not beat women and leave bite marks..

IF you were a lawyer. then you would know it just takes a prosecutor deciding to do it and no case is alike. Yes in my former life I saw some really screwed up things in the courtroom. I even saw a gang member on initiation go into someone’s house and proceeded to get his butt whipped and drug out to the front yard by the owner. The owner went to jail. Judging a person without all the details makes you being a lawyer suspect. Either way we see it differently. I believe he wasn’t tried by the state and I wasn’t there so it isn’t right to judge a man from a distance. Could he have done it? Yeah maybe but she also could be a lying a$$ woman or instigated it herself with an agenda and the prosecutor could see that. Not for me to Judge. And it’s annoying to see people judge with such certainty without knowing the details.
No one knows the details except the actual police report. I don't need your validation as a member of the bar since 1961. I'm an engineer too. Want to argue about bridges? If you are a lawyer, you know prosecutors have their plates full, and don't waste time dealing with rich people that don't want to testify and are about to move out of town. As I said, not for either of us to judge, I just don't want him to be our coach because it sounds to me like he beat his future wife up, and bit her. Marv Albert shit.

No one knows the details except the actual police report. I don't need your validation as a member of the bar since 1961. I'm an engineer too. Want to argue about bridges? If you are a lawyer, you know prosecutors have their plates full, and don't waste time dealing with rich people that don't want to testify and are about to move out of town. As I said, not for either of us to judge, I just don't want him to be our coach because it sounds to me like he beat his future wife up, and bit her. Marv Albert shit.
For a lawyer you get awful pissy. And some prosecutors try the cases that need tried regardless of case load. And no you didn’t say it wasn’t for neither of us to judge, you have made it clear you found him guilty due to evidence. Feel free to go back and read your post. And by the way she also admitted she lied about saying he did those things. But I’m sure you’ll find some excuse to dismiss her 2nd statement but stand by her first statement. I’m done baby sitting you.

Reactions: gojvc
Something I’m seeing out there that I’m not seeing on here. He’s not really on my list, but he would accept the UK job in a heartbeat if he ever got the call.
I’m wondering how much a step up Arkansas is from Ole Miss. I’d say higher historically with probably more donors but he could accomplish exactly what he would do there at Ole Miss now IMO.

For a lawyer you get awful pissy. And some prosecutors try the cases that need tried regardless of case load. And no you didn’t say it wasn’t for neither of us to judge, you have made it clear you found him guilty due to evidence. Feel free to go back and read your post. And by the way she also admitted she lied about saying he did those things. But I’m sure you’ll find some excuse to dismiss her 2nd statement but stand by her first statement. I’m done baby sitting you.
Not only a lawyer but an engineer too! Crazy smart to go into 2 completely unrelated fields. I know lawyers can have a variety of undergrad degrees but I haven’t met too many engineer lawyers before. Most are History, English, political science types. I bet he has a minor in Physics as well.

I think Beard may turn this down. Not because he wants it but he knows Ole Miss threw him a lifeline when no one else of note was going to. Even in a business where loyalty means less and less, that has to count for something.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT