ADVERTISEMENT

Charles Bassey

Apr 22, 2016
So with all the problems with his recruitment and his transcripts and reclassifying and it's been quiet about him lately. Have they just moved on and he'll have no issues at Western? Just curious since nothings been said about him lately.

Well that storm cloud blew over quickly. Sounds like Western will have a very good team. Nothing to see here!

Didn’t expect there would be issues. Stansbury tends to get these borderline guys elligible somehow like Renardo Sidney.

If WKU makes a run this year we may hear something else but if not I doubt any media outlet is going to care enough to dig into it.

Reactions: Dirk2Bowie
Well that storm cloud blew over quickly. Sounds like Western will have a very good team. Nothing to see here!
That storm cloud is not just gonna blow over for your program. A couple of postseason bans are in your future.

I went to Western undergrad. No degree from WKU, but . . . that's another story. I lived 25 miles from Bowling Green for 55 years. Still have lots of friends in the area who are WKU grads and ardent WKU basketball supporters. One of them is an accountant and a very good friend of mine who is pretty closely wired in to the Toppers' basketball program. He tells me that Bassey is in school, practicing every day, and doing fine, and that there are simply no issues -- academic or otherwise. Just had a renewal of this conversation with my friend over this past weekend.

Best to all. Go 'Cats. ! Go 'Toppers !

Reactions: ukfan041
I went to Western undergrad. No degree from WKU, but . . . that's another story. I lived 25 miles from Bowling Green for 55 years. Still have lots of friends in the area who are WKU grads and ardent WKU basketball supporters. One of them is an accountant and a very good friend of mine who is pretty closely wired in to the Toppers' basketball program. He tells me that Bassey is in school, practicing every day, and doing fine, and that there are simply no issues -- academic or otherwise. Just had a renewal of this conversation with my friend over this past weekend.

I grew up in Woodburn and Alvaton area. We still go back to visit sometimes. When I was in elementary school one of the WKU point guards was one of my coaches in basketball but his name escapes me right now, was around 1984-1985.

Went to WKU as well,some on the board don't realize the history of WKU basketball.They were the # 2 basketball program in Kentucky for more years than the Cards have been and are probably the #2 program once again(starting last year) They were a fun to watch team last year and will be even more so this year.

Didn’t expect there would be issues. Stansbury tends to get these borderline guys elligible somehow like Renardo Sidney.

If WKU makes a run this year we may hear something else but if not I doubt any media outlet is going to care enough to dig into it.

Reactions: Kentucky31
Where can I watch Bassey and WKU play on a national level?

I'd like to see how he does against the peon population of Conference USA.

WKU has away games this year at Washington to Arkansas then a neutral with WVU and a home game vs Wisconsin. Conference USA has some talent as well so I would think you will be able to find them. West Virginia game, assuming both make it to that game, will be on ESPN I believe and they have Valpo on ESPNU.

If they draw Dook in the NCAA Bassey will become ineligible immediately after playing all year !!!

In all seriousness, keep an eye on WKU's seeding. Could be one of those minimal loss mid-majors that grabs a 6-seed, and with their young roster, you can bank on them being in Duke's region.

Maybe WKU getting guys like Bassey will give them to courage to play Murray State again...stopped playing the Racers after too many butt whippins!

WKU has all their games nationally broadcast since they own their own satellite network (Hilltopper Sports SN) and have an independent TV deal with Fox Sports. Very fortunate to have that deal.

Maybe WKU getting guys like Bassey will give them to courage to play Murray State again...stopped playing the Racers after too many butt whippins!

Fairly certain I read in the news a year or two ago the WKU AD made it public knowledge that they wanted Murray on the schedule but Murray did not accept the offer, and still hasn't. Right after Murray's HC left and they went down the drain while WKU was becoming a good team again. Makes sense for Murray to not want to reschedule WKU during that time. I don't blame them.

Hey I live 55 miles from Diddle arena , made it to three games last year. I want Western to do well, unlike UofSmell which I hope still get the death penalty !! I have concerns about Stansbury and his recruiting however !!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT