ADVERTISEMENT

UK fans have lowered their expectations to meet Cal’s performance

I have lost confidence in Cal a coach that does not changes up defenses and with 3 seven footers has no inside game something is very wrong.
Like really! What kinda “coach” literally NEVER changes his defense?! Especially when said defense is getting absolutely abused and beat like a drum?! It’s just unbelievable the bullshit we have to put up with due to Cal’s inability to be even somewhat flexible. Cannot wait for him to leave!

He has a good following on rafters and even house of blue. You're not looking hard enough. These people are still emotionally attached to 09-19 Cal.
Maybe so but with UK fans in my area(who have never even heard of this board ) the anti Cal feeling and wanting him gone runs about 80/20 or 90/10. The die hard UK fans are done with Cal and have been for about 2 or 3 years.

Feel free to disagree to your hearts content but here in south central Kentucky that is the plain and simple fact.

Maybe so but with UK fans in my area(who have never even heard of this board ) the anti Cal feeling and wanting him gone runs about 80/20 or 90/10. The die hard UK fans are done with Cal and have been for about 2 or 3 years.

Feel free to disagree to your hearts content but here in south central Kentucky that is the plain and simple fact.

If he fails this season, he might get 1 more to turn it around (which he won't) and it'll be over regardless.

Not so sure. I’ve seen and heard enough of fans comments about him, and 90% are all negative toward him and not just on this board. I don’t personally know anyone that thinks he’s even remotely good at coaching. He’s pretty much a laughing stock but he is getting the last laugh every time he gets paid,
you must not get out much

I haven't lowered my expectations, but I agree that the general expectations about the program have been in steady decline for years. That and interest in general has declined a lot.

Reactions: tenncats
We ran Tubby off for the ~10 year Final Four drought, we should do the same with Cal. The expectations for UK basketball are Final Four's and national titles and if the coach isn't meeting that standard, well they gotta go. We can get a coach in here who's hungry to win big

Cal fanboys when Kentucky is losing hard core
''The days of Kentucky winning is over.
"The sec is the hardest its ever been in 90 years.''
''We've only won 4 titles in 65 years''
''NIL is evening the talent pool''
''The portal is changing everything''
''5th and 6th year seniors are in play''

Meanwhile, Alabama and Nick Saban during the same set of circumstances (NIL, super-seniors, Transfer portal etc). Winning national titles and making playoff appearances.

It's really funny seeing Cal defenders spinning all these ''problems''. While other elite programs just win. Scott Drew is about to start landing 5 stars like crazy after Keyonte George and now Jakobi Walters success. Just beat Cal and Duke for VJ Edgecombe. And he's been winning nonstop since 2020.

Last edited:
If he fails this season, he might get 1 more to turn it around (which he won't) and it'll be over regardless.
No, no more 1 more season and then he's done. I heard that after 2020, after 2021, and after last year it was ''well, let's see what he does with this awesome recruiting class. This is his chance to show he can still win with his old model''. He's done. The guy has no more tricks up his sleeve. Just more promised playing time. That's it.

Cal fanboys when Kentucky is losing hard core
''The days of Kentucky winning is over.
"The sec is the hardest its ever been in 90 years.''
''We've only won 4 titles in 65 years''
''NIL is evening the talent pool''
''The portal is changing everything''
''5th and 6th year seniors are in play''

Meanwhile, Alabama and Nick Saban during the same set of circumstances (NIL, super-seniors, Transfer portal etc). Winning national titles and making playoff apperances.

It's really funny seeing Cal defenders spinning all these ''problems''. While other elite programs just win. Scott Drew is about to start landing 5 stars like crazy after Keyonte George and now Jakobi Walters success. Just beat Cal and Duke for VJ Edgecombe. And he's been winning nonstop since 2020.
Saban is a real coach. He just wins anywhere he is. Drew has been winning without 5 stars but now is starting to land them.

Cal has brainwashed enough of the fan base with his continuous comments about how hard it is to play here. We are young. They are not robots etc…

UK fans have long been declared the most passionate/ outrageous fans and now this guy has been allowed (mainly by Mitch) to “de-claw” us.

Now so much time has passed since his only title the narcissist in him is realizing his legacy is about to be cemented as most underachieving coach in CBB. But it appears too late and the game has passed him. So we will rinse and repeat the same BS March only matters until we get sent home early then - oh well we had a great season be happy for these kids.
Yep, he is content to just count his $$$$ and thumb his nose at the fans who care about the program.

Cal has brainwashed enough of the fan base with his continuous comments about how hard it is to play here. We are young. They are not robots etc…
When people holding positions of ‘authority’ are allowed to stand in front of microphones and preach their narrative/propaganda with enough frequency, the unfortunate reality is that a gradually increasing percentage of people will slowly begin buying into their crap. Calipari will never be confused for Einstein, but even he understands this human dynamic.

UK fans have long been declared the most passionate/ outrageous fans and now this guy has been allowed (mainly by Mitch) to “de-claw” us.

Now so much time has passed since his only title the narcissist in him is realizing his legacy is about to be cemented as most underachieving coach in CBB. But it appears too late and the game has passed him. So we will rinse and repeat the same BS March only matters until we get sent home early then - oh well we had a great season be happy for these kids.
Not this fan. Cal is an effing idiot and longevity helped him get so many wins, not good coaching.

He has a good following on rafters and even house of blue. You're not looking hard enough. These people are still emotionally attached to 09-19 Cal.
baby animals pig GIF

T
No, no more 1 more season and then he's done. I heard that after 2020, after 2021, and after last year it was ''well, let's see what he does with this awesome recruiting class. This is his chance to show he can still win with his old model''. He's done. The guy has no more tricks up his sleeve. Just more promised playing time. That's it.
This. 100%

Reactions: KFuqua and know1
That team was 16-5 at this point & ended up losing 9 regular season games. Lost in SEC championship as well & entered tournament with 10 losses.

Oh how quickly we forget
"Quickly?" LOL that was TEN YEARS AGO, Einstein.

I can tell by your answer that not only are you an ass but a complete idiot as well
I certainly can be an ass when it’s called for and I make no apologies about that. Your last sentence makes zero sense as you don’t know a damn thing about me nor I about you. I can confidently say though anyone who feels as good about cal today as they did 10 years ago is certainly an idiot.

Well said and sadly true.

for those you around during Tubby and to some extent Gillespie

the over the top supporters justify poor performance by telling you your expectations are too high.

if that doesn't work then they move to plan b and tell you as a fan you have zero impact on the program.

forget that UConn and Villanova have multiple titles while having less talent, forget that Kansas surpassed us in win totals (not hearing the bUt tHeY cHeAtEd - they won those games with colleges players) and hasn't even sniffed a SEC regular season or SEC title in far longer than should be tolerated. Forget that the worst season in the history of Kentucky basketball was just 3 years ago, our most embarrassing tournament loss was just 2 years ago

"but Kansas lost to UCF you stupid hicks, you don't know anything about basketball, you're not even real fans"

Last edited:
You sound like a young fan who is ignorant of the history of Kentucky basketball. Rupp head dry spells worse than Cal's minus the covid year. Joe B. Hall had dry spells worse than Cal minus the covid year.

If you're an older fan I recommend you study the history of RUPP & Hall, which covers the longest history if UK basketball & chill. If you're younger do the same.
Through thick and thin however we never had to doubt once not for one second that Coach Rupp and Joe B’s top priority was Kentucky basketball and winning games for Kentucky and their number one focus was winning championships for Kentucky.

Last edited:
I certainly can be an ass when it’s called for and I make no apologies about that. Your last sentence makes zero sense as you don’t know a damn thing about me nor I about you. I can confidently say though anyone who feels as good about cal today as they did 10 years ago is certainly an idiot.
and you are a jerk for thinking everybody has to agree with and your sorry ass opinions

Some of them aren’t UK fans. Not going to say a name but i’m almost certain one frequent poster in particular followed him here from Memphis.

There’s several others that have only popped up in the last few years and only show up after losses or when things are bad and their sole purpose seems to be john calipari damage control.

You are a Moron for saying that.

and you are a jerk for thinking everybody has to agree with and your sorry ass opinions
Point out to me where I said everyone must agree with me? The fact that someone loves cal today (as head coach of UK) as much as they did 10 years ago is their prerogative. Me calling them an idiot may make me a jerk but doesn’t take away the fact that they are indeed an idiot.

Point out to me where I said everyone must agree with me? The fact that someone loves cal today (as head coach of UK) as much as they did 10 years ago is their prerogative. Me calling them an idiot may make me a jerk but doesn’t take away the fact that they are indeed an idiot.
there are no facts that anyone on this board is an idiot just those who can't except other peoples opinions

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT