ADVERTISEMENT

Thought Reeves had a nice game against FL

bigbluelou

All-SEC
Apr 13, 2011
Didn’t see a whole lot said about his game yesterday. I thought his quiet 19 points and overall heady play really helped us. He’s making more plays at or near the rim, is playing better defense, and doesn’t get shaken. Yes, he was a little off with his outside shooting yesterday but made up for it in other ways. SO glad he’s on this team.

Didn’t see a whole lot said about his game yesterday. I thought his quiet 19 points and overall heady play really helped us. He’s making more plays at or near the rim, is playing better defense, and doesn’t get shaken. Yes, he was a little off with his outside shooting yesterday but made up for it in other ways. SO glad he’s on this team.
Got some really timely baskets for us to keep Florida from running away early

He played a great game overall- but he had 2 threes in particular that were WIDE OPEN and he missed them, very uncharacteristic for him so he honestly should have had maybe closer to or more than 25 points yesterday but a another quiet, consistent performance!

Man, not sure how huge buckets at the end of the game are considered quiet. He had a big game. Good d on the Gators last couple possessions and a huge board that led to a Wagner three as well.
Okay, I’ll rephrase. It was quiet on this board about Reeves. But some of the baskets and plays he made were anything but quiet in the flow of the game. He was a big reason we won, but just wasn’t talked about a whole lot.

Guess I’m just a big Reeves fan. I don’t want his play to get lost in the noise and chatter directed toward so many of the other great players we have.

He played a great game overall- but he had 2 threes in particular that were WIDE OPEN and he missed them, very uncharacteristic for him so he honestly should have had maybe closer to or more than 25 points yesterday but a another quiet, consistent performance!
Yes, he normally makes those, and I was really disappointed that he missed them. But then we missed a lot of shots that we normally make so I’m glad he came through when he did.

Man, UK fans are always a tough crowd (me included), but I thought it was anything but quiet.

Yeah, I totally agree. He may not always get the attention that our freshmen get, but he has been consistent and a strong leader. Last season, he struggled with teams who played him more physical but he's definitely dealing much better with the physicality. He even seems to seek it out at times. And I totally agree his scoring against Florida was the key to the win.

Man, UK fans are always a tough crowd (me included), but I thought it was anything but quiet.

I don't mean that in a bad way- but you have to admit, he is the LEAST talked about SEC POY candidate we have potentially ever had.

Every game, he just comes in and quietly drops 20, and every game, we are left talking about Wagner/Sheppard/Dillingham/Mitchell, etc.- basically anything BUT Reeves. The kid has been amazing this year.

Was actually pleasantly surprised because we all know that ALOT of the times in big games Antonio tends to disappear. He missed a few that he normally makes but was impressed that he did not do his disappearing act in such a important game especially being on the road. I know he did well at Arkansas last year but for the most part he doesn't play up to expectations when we need it.

I don't mean that in a bad way- but you have to admit, he is the LEAST talked about SEC POY candidate we have potentially ever had.

Every game, he just comes in and quietly drops 20, and every game, we are left talking about Wagner/Sheppard/Dillingham/Mitchell, etc.- basically anything BUT Reeves. The kid has been amazing this year.
This is what I was trying to say. Thank you.

Was actually pleasantly surprised because we all know that ALOT of the times in big games Antonio tends to disappear. He missed a few that he normally makes but was impressed that he did not do his disappearing act in such a important game especially being on the road. I know he did well at Arkansas last year but for the most part he doesn't play up to expectations when we need it.

Big games are subjective anyways. He was amazing in the st joe game and if not for him we have another embarrassing ooc home loss. He played well against Miami and Florida.

The unc and ku games were probably his weakest games this year. He played great in the UL game and make no mistake no matter of either teams record, that is a big game to UK and our fans.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Yup he has a couple 3’s that were in and out. Last year he would have finished with 7-8 points and kept missing 3’s all game. This year he attacks and has used his floater and inside game more. He’s really stepped up to be the consistent scorer we need.

No doubt about it, there is a lot of players I’d hate to lose on this team but he’s the one we can’t afford to not go into battle with. Him and Mitchell make us go every night out.

Reactions: bigbluelou
I still love his offensive game but:

1) generally he struggles against a good defender. That's fine this year, because we have so many other options

2) he absolutely must get better on D. Yesterday the final 2-3 minutes Florida just went iso on him every trip and kept cashing in. You just can't have a guy out there at the end when the other team can count on your defense as a bucket.

I’m not a Reeves fan. But we don’t win without him Saturday. And he didn’t play his best.

He missed shots he normally makes.

But even when he’s not making shots he has to be guarded. They can’t help off him so it helps someone else.

Reminds me of Jim Master many years ago. He was in a slump at the end of a season but he still occupied a defender.

Reeves didn’t guard anyone but that’s just how it is.

He did have a couple of timely rebounds. One late that was a game changer.

Usually when his shot is not falling he disappears. He didn’t quit playing Saturday and then his shots started falling.

Bottom line is he helped us win!!🏀

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT