ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Sports Writer Kyle Boone Grades UK a C+ this week

I'd give us a B+ against MSU and a B for Arky. People forget Arky should of been a top 20 team all year as they have top 15 talent in the nation. Injuries and odd crap has kept them down. But I pray we avoid them in the Thursday game if we get it as make no mistake they could easily get on a run and winthe SECT . I honestly think if someone they made the NCAA they could easily make an elite 8 type run.

Anyways UK should win Wed by 15-20 and then Saturday I am predicting an 94-88 win. Edwards and Dilly go for 15-20 each and Reeves hits 6 out of 11 3's for 28 points total. I think Ugo is the big that goes off in this game for 14 and 15 rebs and 7 blocks.

last thing I will say is this the D has really stepped up when it matters this past 3 weeks for the most part and I now have faith in it. THOSE last 7 minutes saturday were at times of athing of defensive beauty . Dilly and edwards were Ding the FUCT up and I was getting hyped .

Reactions: IL Wildcat
You can’t let this Arkansas team put 102 up on you at home Defense in that game was an F.
Defense against Miss St was an F as well.
Offense was an A in both games.
That gives an overall grade of C. I’m good with it.
typical drivel from troll 44. Arkansas has one of the top 10-15 offensive teams in the country when healthy and most thought would be a top 10 team coming in. Make no mistake they are wayyyyyy more dangerous in a one game scenario then teams like USC , UF ,A&M and so on. but people with low B-ball IQ or Cal hate ( which usually go hand in hand) just see their record and don't take a deeper look.

I just saw this article linked and wanted to get some thoughts on it here.

This guy sounds like some of our fans around here. Wins aren't good enough. Gotta dominate. What do you think? C+? Kansas lost twice but is just below us in grading with a D.
Idiot. Period. No better analyst tha you or me. Just trying to make a living and prolly a con artist.

I think if you’re honest, there’s no way to know how to grade this team. Did Arkansas play like a top 5 team Saturday, or did we allow a 15-15 team to nearly run us out of our own gym again? Was Mississippi state just that good at the Hump, or did we allow them to look good?

I think most years it’s easier to see whether it’s “us or them” than it is this year because our defense is fairly poor. We never usually have a bad defense. Losing 3 straight games at home is a testament to how bad this defense can be. So I don’t know with this team.

This team will take some luck to win a title, and coming from someone who doesn’t believe luck wins championships, that should explain my position. This team will have several close games in the tournament even if they shouldn’t and even if they build a lead. With Calipari coaching them, it makes it harder. Does anyone think Calipari will demand Sheppard have the ball over, say, Wagner in key moments during a sweet 16 game? Because I most certainly don’t. So some luck will have to go into it. The thing about this team (and I love this team), is they’re actually a bit more selfish than many realize. And this team cannot afford to be coached undisciplined or play undisciplined but they show over and over they will go out there and make really bad decisions late in games.

What scares me about this team is the decisions they’ll make those last 5 minutes. And, Calipari is the coach. 3 shot clock violations in a row doesn’t happen to many coaches…

Yep, I think you're right. That was exactly what I was thinking as I clicked. Haha! 🤣

I'd give this week a B+. Winning on the road over Miss St as an underdog is worth an A but with Arkansas scoring 102 and pushing us to the brink brings the grade down. There's another way to look at that Arkansas win, but I get why most would lower the grade because of it. Still, C+ isn't fair at all, especially given Kansas got a D with 2 losses. If 2 losses gets a D, 2 wins gets at least a B, even if one was closer than expected. So, by his own scale, he fails. I condemn him as a hypocrite just fishing for clicks.
You said exactly what I was going to say, only more eloquently 👍.

I just saw this article linked and wanted to get some thoughts on it here.

This guy sounds like some of our fans around here. Wins aren't good enough. Gotta dominate. What do you think? C+? Kansas lost twice but is just below us in grading with a D.
Flat out click bait or the guy didn't watch the games. On the road in the SEC playing to a sold out crowd against a # 30 or so Net ranked team that was favored to win! Arkansas plays a physical and emotional game on the road where they hit 28 of 29 free throws and technical fouls were called. Just a physical fight for Arkansas to try to build their resume. I'd say B+ week for Ky easily.

I bet the spread on the Ky @ Miss St game and won some coin so it was an A+ week for me!

• Haha
I bet the spread on the Ky @ Miss St game and won some coin so it was an A+ week for me!
I was looking at the over/under for that game. Based on the last game we played them, which ended 63-57 for UK, you might take the under. I think the o/u was set at 167.5 by draft kings. And the final score was 111-102 for a total of 213! I had to laugh at that. Those setting the betting lines are rarely that far off.

I also remember the thread started here about betting on UK to cover that 12.5 or 13.5 pt spread and I said I wouldn't bet on anyone to cover with that large a spread against an SEC team. The smart bet would have been for UK not to cover that.

I hope nobody bet UK to cover and I hope nobody bet the under.

Reactions: cal=8
I was looking at the over/under for that game. Based on the last game we played them, which ended 63-57 for UK, you might take the under. I think the o/u was set at 167.5 by draft kings. And the final score was 111-102 for a total of 213! I had to laugh at that. Those setting the betting lines are rarely that far off.

I also remember the thread started here about betting on UK to cover that 12.5 or 13.5 pt spread and I said I wouldn't bet on anyone to cover with that large a spread against an SEC team. The smart bet would have been for UK not to cover that.

I hope nobody bet UK to cover and I hope nobody bet the under.
Well I rarely bet but MGM had Miss St by 3.5 and I thought, no way we get beat by 4. I knew it would be a tough game but I believed we'd win. This team is really good and we keep evolving.

Dook a A+ for beating up on Louisville and UVA, 2 bad teams is all I had to see to know this list is garbage.

Also knock us down for struggling with ARK. You mean ARK the team that beat Dook.🤡

*Also UVA has lost by double digits in all 9 losses this year. By 16+ in 6 of those 9. Some to teams with losing records. So woo-hoo Dook lol.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was wondering if the guy even watched either of our games. I'm thinking probably not. If all you look at is a final score, you're not getting the whole picture. Arkansas didn't play the way they have been and that wasn't entirely because of poor defense by UK. That was Arkansas' absolute best game. Listen to Musselman talking about it afterward...

“I thought it was by far our best offensive game, not even close. I thought we played as hard as we played all year. The effort, the focus, the belief, all those things were as good as they’ve been." And he also said... "I’m not sure that I’ve been around a team that played this hard, went 27-28 from the foul line, had 10 steals, 13 assists, and come away with a loss, but you’re talking about a Kentucky team that can win a National Championship and playing in their building.”

Should that matter? It should matter. But not to a guy like this one. And it won't matter to anyone looking to criticize UK or the UK coach.
So you're saying,bee are everybody's Super Bowl? 😂

• Haha
typical drivel from troll 44. Arkansas has one of the top 10-15 offensive teams in the country when healthy and most thought would be a top 10 team coming in. Make no mistake they are wayyyyyy more dangerous in a one game scenario then teams like USC , UF ,A&M and so on. but people with low B-ball IQ or Cal hate ( which usually go hand in hand) just see their record and don't take a deeper look.
I’ve watched Arkansas play and they’re a terrible team. They lost to Vandy at home. You can’t spin Arkansas putting 102 up on us in Rupp in a positive way.
I’ll switch my F to Cal’s defensive coaching. We are in March and can’t guard a lamp post but he refuses to make any adjustments. He won’t give zone a chance although he knows this team is very limited defensively.
It’s maddening to watch the opposing team run the same offense every time down the court with zero adjustments from Cal.
Were the easiest team to score on under the basket on in bounds plays.
We make an offensively challenged team look like the Golden State Warriors. I know basketball and if you can’t see how terrible our defense is and that Cal won’t adjust then that’s on you.
When this team gets sent home the first weekend of the NCAAT you still won’t get it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT