ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Sports O/U predictions for SEC

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
Has UK at 6.5 with losses to both Auburn and Florida. They also opine that FL should be bet under their 5.5. Seems pretty contradictory to me. I don't feel Auburn is any better than we can/should be, either. They were a mess last year. Still have to see how the new offense works, is the OL improved, secondary better and if we've found a pass rush, but every team has questions. I think the pieces are in place for 7-9 wins this year without catching every break and totally avoiding injuries. Don't see much higher than 9 wins with our schedule, though. Eight wins this year would be a good year, imo.

I'm guessing 7-5. Schedule is a nightmare. Georgia, @Ole Miss, @Tennessee, @Texas are near-guaranteed losses. Murray, Ohio, Southern Miss, Vandy are near-guaranteed wins. 3-1 among South Carolina, Auburn, @Florida, Louisville.

I see 8-4 when I look at the schedule. Assuming we go back to beating USC and that we continue our mini-streak against UF. UL is a win until it’s not.

MSU, Mizzou, and Auburn are big swing games. Hate to say I don’t see beating UT in Knoxville or Ole Miss in Oxford.

What schedule are you looking at? We don't play MSU (unless you mean Murray?) nor do we play Missouri.

I'm guessing 7-5. Schedule is a nightmare. Georgia, @Ole Miss, @Tennessee, @Texas are near-guaranteed losses. Murray, Ohio, Southern Miss, Vandy are near-guaranteed wins. 3-1 among South Carolina, Auburn, @Florida, Louisville.
Nope, it's just a typical 16-schools SEC schedule. If turns into a nightmare, we're just not up the task presented.

Has UK at 6.5 with losses to both Auburn and Florida. They also opine that FL should be bet under their 5.5. Seems pretty contradictory to me. I don't feel Auburn is any better than we can/should be, either. They were a mess last year. Still have to see how the new offense works, is the OL improved, secondary better and if we've found a pass rush, but every team has questions. I think the pieces are in place for 7-9 wins this year without catching every break and totally avoiding injuries. Don't see much higher than 9 wins with our schedule, though. Eight wins this year would be a good year, imo.
I think 9-3 is a real possibility. The game that will shock college football will be Ole Miss. We have had bad breaks the last two losses against them. Many on this team will remember the game from two years ago. This year feels like UK will get the breaks and Vandagriff will be better known after the game.

Go Big Blue!

I think 9-3 is a real possibility. The game that will shock college football will be Ole Miss. We have had bad breaks the last two losses against them. Many on this team will remember the game from two years ago. This year feels like UK will get the breaks and Vandagriff will be better known after the game.

Go Big Blue!

AU will be improved this year, 2nd year of QB in the system, upgraded WR frosh and portal alone with OL. They signed a couple of LBer may be starting, secondary is still a work in progress. I don't think they are expecting to be world beaters but most see 8 wins. UF fans have convinced themselves they willing 9 with shot at playoffs, I think their total is closer to 4. I think Carolina is looking for a coach after the season, I have no idea who any of their offensive players will be. UGA should be pretty good, but have to replace 2 leading rushers and receivers. Return 7 offensive starters and 8 defensive starters 7 when in dime. Texas will be good, they return alot. OM went all in on making playoffs this year, spent heavy on portal with defensive players and Carolinas number 1 WR and RB after theirs left. Vol fans feel they are playoff bound after beating Iowa in their bowl game. Vandy will be hard pressed to win a conference game.

I think Carolina, UF and Arky will have new coaches for spring 25, they may all have interim coaches before November. My prediction is Pittman is fired by mid season, Petrino is named as replacement to finish the year and fulltime after season. Will get 7m, a new Harley and a 25 year old blonde as his assistant, what could go wrong?

Of course the person who wrote this click-bait article is from *checks notes* Knoxville, TN and went to Tennessee.
I've never heard of him either. They're just letting anybody write articles on these sites nowadays. I'm not letting some Voltard tell me how my season is going to go.

The schedule is bad, but I like this team on paper.

After the last couple of years I guess I'm not guessing this year. I'm gonna just watch the games and see what happens.

The whole conference should have about the same attitude!

The top two in the SEC title game could easily be a 10-2 team playing a 9-3 team, with seven or eight at 8-4/7-5 records.

Maybe Georgia runs the slate!?!?

I don’t know enough about Texas, but I just have a gut feeling that both Texas and Oklahoma have some adjusting to do entering the SEC.

Bama has too much to adjust to.

LSU might be the sleeper.

I see 8-4 when I look at the schedule. Assuming we go back to beating USC and that we continue our mini-streak against UF. UL is a win until it’s not.

MSU, Mizzou, and Auburn are big swing games. Hate to say I don’t see beating UT in Knoxville or Ole Miss in Oxford.
We don’t play Mississippi St or Missouri.

Reactions: trueblujr2
The whole conference should have about the same attitude!

The top two in the SEC title game could easily be a 10-2 team playing a 9-3 team, with seven or eight at 8-4/7-5 records.

Maybe Georgia runs the slate!?!?

I don’t know enough about Texas, but I just have a gut feeling that both Texas and Oklahoma have some adjusting to do entering the SEC.

Bama has too much to adjust to.

LSU might be the sleeper.

I don't think UGA can run the slate, SEC office did us no favors with our schedule, our 4 toughest games, Bama, Texas, OM and UK are all on the road, at least 2 are night games so its going to be a challenge. As much as this pains me to say because of that idiot coach they have, I won't be shocked if Missouri isn't in the championship game, They have the easiest schedule by a good bit, Bama, ATM, Vandy, Arky, Carolina, OU, MSST and AU. They missed LSU, UGA, UK, Texas, OM, UT and UF.

We will find out early when they play Mich, but I think Texas is a legit top 5 team. Returning talent, good portal additions, depth on the roster.

When UK plays Ole Miss we will already have faced 2 SEC games, our guys will know who they are and how to react to real top competition. Ole Miss will have played Furman, Middle Tenn, Geo Southern, Wake Forrest.

I'll say 7 and 5. With Stoops, that is a pretty concistent prediction.

If the sec ever goes to 9 games, may slide to 6 and 6 some years.

Wow.

One could argue Mizzou missed 6 of the top 7 in the SEC!!

And got all 4 of the expected worst teams. Their expectations are very high with 6th year QB, one of the if not the top WR in the conference. Have to replace that RB, but they hit portal for a replacement. I don't think they are a top 4 team, but they could have a top 2 record.

Reactions: The-Hack
I think Carolina, UF and Arky will have new coaches for spring 25, they may all have interim coaches before November.

I totally agree, Grump. I can't see Beamer surviving unless they somehow manage 7+ wins. All the rah-rah in the world doesn't cover up losses. And, he's still making some pretty bad in-game coaching decisions. Gamecock fans are delusional and have no patience.

UF fans, were it not for a strong recruiting class on paper, would already be screaming for Napier's head. If they start out the season with 3 or 4 early losses, as you say, they may dump him midseason.

Arkansas was a surprise last year - for how bad they were. Losing their QB can't help. Petrino is a solid OC but not sure how much today's players want to play for that SOB and AR is seriously lacking in weapons to my eyes.

I wouldn't bet too much against UGa winning 11+ games this year. Recruiting is off the charts good these past several years and they just keep reloading with talented kids. Kirby's a very good coach and they almost never beat themselves. SEC is definitely a tougher road with OU and TX coming on board but Georgia scares just about everybody.

You are also a Cock fan, no?

Who is their QB this year?
No, no, no, hell no. I lived in SC for 17 years and, at the time, I think there was a poster with SCcat and I chose gamecockcat. Stupid, I know.

Despise SC, mainly because their fans are consistently awful and, for years, they seemed to always have some thugs on the team. Sort of the UofL of the SEC.

Reactions: JASUN74
I totally agree, Grump. I can't see Beamer surviving unless they somehow manage 7+ wins. All the rah-rah in the world doesn't cover up losses. And, he's still making some pretty bad in-game coaching decisions. Gamecock fans are delusional and have no patience.

UF fans, were it not for a strong recruiting class on paper, would already be screaming for Napier's head. If they start out the season with 3 or 4 early losses, as you say, they may dump him midseason.

Arkansas was a surprise last year - for how bad they were. Losing their QB can't help. Petrino is a solid OC but not sure how much today's players want to play for that SOB and AR is seriously lacking in weapons to my eyes.

I wouldn't bet too much against UGa winning 11+ games this year. Recruiting is off the charts good these past several years and they just keep reloading with talented kids. Kirby's a very good coach and they almost never beat themselves. SEC is definitely a tougher road with OU and TX coming on board but Georgia scares just about everybody.

That tough stretch will be a challenge, and those away night games will have opposing fans wild so it will be a tough stretch. Even 2 of our home games, the Vols and AU, it will make their season to beat us because Kirby has owned them since he got to Athens and here is a little secret, Kirby don't like AU, my least favorite are the vols, but AU is personal to Kirby.

As far Beamer, i never seen a coach throw his kids under the bus as often as Beamer does. According to him, he and staff make perfect calls, they players just don't perform and he said that in his interview after our game last season. Why would anyone want to play for him is beyond me.

Reactions: gamecockcat
If I am not mistaken, we have the 4th toughest schedule in college football this season. I think getting to 7 wins is going to be extra tough for us. Has Stoops won against Beamer?

Just looked at CBS predictions for the ACC. UofL at 8.5 wins (CBS says bet over) with a win over UK on the road. WTF? We've beaten them several times in a row, have outrecruited them several years in a row - why are they always the media darlings? Not getting worked up about some idiotic preseason article (much), but we need to put an ass whooping on those fools this year so the media will quit singing their praises every preseason.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT