ADVERTISEMENT

CAUTION BBN

i_bleed_blue_01

Sophomore
Jun 24, 2007
The game hasn't been played yet and we are already having discussions like we have won the game and whether to storm the field or not.

I really get all the enthusiasm and excitement but the game hasn't been played yet.

As a long time UK football fan (30 years), it is best to always keep your guard when a BIG chance and oppurnity presents itself.

You can tell me I might be wrong in that aspect but the facts speak differently.

GO BIG BLUE

After losing to them 30 something times you can't tell the fans that, it's got to end sometime, now is as good as any. I was there the last time we beat them at home and I never thought it would be like this, we have had several chances and should have won 3 or 4 since, having them and then letting it slip away. You don't have a chance if you don' think you do. GO BIG BLUE!!!!

As long as the team and coaches aren't taking the Gators for granted, the fans hoopla means very little.

it is what it is. After 30 years of losing to this team, why can't the fans look forward to it possibly ending?

I want our team AND fans confident that we CAN WIN!!!!

Been here plenty of times tho, Florida team with no quarterback comes in and dusts Kentucky with 4 rushing td's and 500+ yards total offense.

Next years schedule came out and cats get Florida in the swamp second game of the season. God I hope it ends this year.

Yeah, I think we might have gotten USC overconfident woth our play the first two games,and giving them the first TD and two turnovers in the first quarter was a stroke of genius, but while it should be hard to get overconfident as a three point underdog I am a little worried about it. Hope the players are a little more level headed.

Half the people talking in fun will be the ones dissing Coach and the Players if we lose. That's my main point!!!!

I interpreted the "Rushing the Field Post" as a 'what if' scenario. But, you're correct. We are an underdog for a reason. Vegas is not in the business of losing money. People who complain about Stoops if we don't win need a real dose of reality.

Do I think we have a chance? A very good one! I'm cautiously optimistic, but running game and defense always give a team a good chance. I have confidence in the direction Stoops is taking the program regardless of Sat night's outcome. (BTW - I was bashed for making this same statement after the first game last year ;-)

Reactions: i_bleed_blue_01
The game hasn't been played yet and we are already having discussions like we have won the game and whether to storm the field or not.

I really get all the enthusiasm and excitement but the game hasn't been played yet.

As a long time UK football fan (30 years), it is best to always keep your guard when a BIG chance and oppurnity presents itself.

You can tell me I might be wrong in that aspect but the facts speak differently.

GO BIG BLUE
No reason to be cautious. Enjoy the moment. This discussion on here has ZERO bearing on the game. These are heady times to relish.

GO BIG BLUE
But really, these posts aren't going to affect the outcome of the game.

Tell them what exactly? That the game hasn't been played yet

"The game hasn't been played yet and we are already having discussions like we have won the game and whether to storm the field or not.

I really get all the enthusiasm and excitement but the game hasn't been played yet. "

Did you forget you started a thread? Tell them that.

GO BIG BLUE
Here's another fact. What we say here on this message board doesn't matter to the outcome of the game. If it did, Stoops would've been fired during the week leading up to South Carolina. Remember the rumors swirling around then? VDidn't impact the game at all.

Don't you think maybe, just maybe, it might be Florida who is in danger of being too overconfident? After all, they've won 983 games in a row against UK. Can't UK fans take a little enjoyment and hope out of a good start to the season without being told to know their place?

Reactions: martycat1
I agree that this is "just a message board" and clearly we won't be playing.

But the general atmosphere surrounding a program, driven by fans and classmates and family and media and the Internet and everything else, can certainly affect a team in either direction.

I think we can all remember some football games where we felt like maybe our guys came out flat the week after a big win, probably having been pumped up a little too much by everyone on campus and on Twitter all week.

None of this is to say that expecting to beat Florida is a bad thing. I think we have a great shot, and I'm excited about it. My only point is that it's not totally true that we have no effect on the team.

GO BIG BLUE

Soooo, you've been a fan for 30 years, and we haven't beaten them in 30 years.....I'm thinking we should revoke your fan privileges for the week, because you are apparently bad luck when the Cats play the Gators. You can have your fan privileges back after we beat the Gators.

Reactions: Nuke99m and Blueaz

GO BIG BLUE
Well the last 3 weeks around here people have bitcH$% and moaned, let's take the positive vibe

Reactions: wildcatdonf

GO BIG BLUE
I love our chances. But Florida is favored. I'm sure Stoops will remind the team of that several times.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Glad UF is favored. I hope all the talking heads make that same prediction. I hope Corso says Florida AAALLLLLL the way.

Kats are going to be hungry and focused. Gran will have a game plan together with some stuff we haven't seen yet. D just watched the the film and saw that 45 up on the board. Motivation will NOT be a problem. The only chance they have is to ride Franks arm.....and I don't think he is capable of doing that right now, not against this defense.

History means nothing. 2017 is the year of the KAT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT