ADVERTISEMENT

Cats vs Gators (Sec Tournament)

I think MB very legitimately wants every sport to succeed. If he didn't we wouldn't have the small sports doing as well as they have been. He'd be ignoring them as well. I think he wants it to happen, but he just hasnt put the pieces together right yet for baseball. He's also more patient than some or all of us. Sometimes that's right and sometimes it's wrong.
Patience is for when there is progress. There is no progress here. Mingione is a total fraud.

Patience is for when there is progress. There is no progress here. Mingione is a total fraud.
This was a stacked roster from a position player standpoint. He trampled all over some good veteran players while meanwhile giving all of us his dumb , goofy Schtick about Christianity and talking like he is some kind of Tony Robbins. We don’t need his Motivation on Monday mornings. Who is that goofy ego driven stuff even for ? His players don’t buy into it and just because us following the team buy into the crap he is selling dosmt mean it should continue on. But it will.

This was a stacked roster from a position player standpoint. He trampled all over some good veteran players while meanwhile giving all of us his dumb , goofy Schtick about Christianity and talking like he is some kind of Tony Robbins. We don’t need his Motivation on Monday mornings. Who is that goofy ego driven stuff even for ? His players don’t buy into it and just because us following the team buy into the crap he is selling dosmt mean it should continue on. But it will.
Here’s an exercise. The next time you listen to Mingione speak pretend that you believe that all his hokey , fairy tail nonesense is a total act and that everyone that
Not even Coach Cal carries on the way Nick does. Have you seen evidence at all in any season after 2017 that any of his players buy into any of this ?

There was waY more evidence that Kessler was what we know he is now . than there is evidence that this program is going in the right direction. Yet Mingione had no problem completely Chopping Kesslers legs out a super critical juncture in his own career path. Same goes for B3N and others too. Why is the head coach not held to the same standard that he held Kessler , B3N and many others Too ? Such as the senior Captain he cut before the start of the seaosn last year. I think we should do what Mingione would do. Let’s make Mingione sit out next year and let the assistant coach take the team while he sits there and watches.

There was waY more evidence that Kessler was what we know he is now . than there is evidence that this program is going in the right direction. Yet Mingione had no problem completely Chopping Kesslers legs out a super critical juncture in his own career path. Same goes for B3N and others too. Why is the head coach not held to the same standard that he held Kessler , B3N and many others Too ? Such as the senior Captain he cut before the start of the seaosn last year. I think we should do what Mingione would do. Let’s make Mingione sit out next year and let the assistant coach take the team while he sits there and watches.
And I will point out something else. Did you notice the goofy Monday Motivations ended abruptly ? It ended abruptly after that terrible incident. And Nick has gotten philosophical and went over the top with forcing his interpretation of the “ Lords word “ into way way less significant moments than that one was. Yet if you see his delayed reply it was wothout all the usual Nick fluff. Total written or edited by an attorney or someone in the school. I wonder why ?

Anu hits over .320 with runners in scoring position. Hard to be mad at that, especially when others are struggling. He also at least provides some power with 5 SEC home runs. So, he can change a game quickly.

Plastiak didn't get a full season, but he was hitting .262 in SEC play, which is better than anyone else playing third. He also had 3 home runs in league play in less than half the at bats of other hitters. Also has an OB% touching .350. Needs to improve his defense.

Both could be better, but we have a lot of guys who could be better.
28’s numbers may have been good but he was rarely clutch. Every time he was up in a clutch situation I just knew he wasn’t going to come through. He definitely underperformed like the rest of the bunch.

I know for a fact Brad Bohannon who coached here now at Alabama wanted the job. I don’t know if he would’ve been better or not. What do you think comebackcatz?
I never heard that but did hear from multiple people that Barnhart was turned down a few times and then Coen recommended Mingione.

Probably better. Would have been better and more streamlined recruiting process as he was not the far removed from being recruiting coordinator here. So, he could have jumped right back into recruiting KY kids and brought many on board. Not sure how far he could take UK, but I think we'd be in a much better place.
Mingione really hasn’t performed well at all. Recruiting has been very lackluster and this year’s haul is not up to SEC level.

I never heard that but did hear from multiple people that Barnhart was turned down a few times and then Coen recommended Mingione.

I wish I was still a subscriber to D1 baseball and I would link the story of Mingione being hired. Basically Minge was the 6th or 7th choice. There was three home run swings. Pat Casey, Brian O’Conner and Dan Heefner. Then there was Greg Goff, Travis Jewitt and another that I forgot. Then Minge was in the third group. Basically we traded Mississippi State Mingione for Gary Henderson.

Reactions: SeanCain
I wish I was still a subscriber to D1 baseball and I would link the story of Mingione being hired. Basically Minge was the 6th or 7th choice. There was three home run swings. Pat Casey, Brian O’Conner and Dan Heefner. Then there was Greg Goff, Travis Jewitt and another that I forgot. Then Minge was in the third group. Basically we traded Mississippi State Mingione for Gary Henderson.
State got the better deal. Henderson was successful in his one year.

Going to need that D1 subscription to keep up with all the transfer portal applications UK will be processing. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Big_Blue_1018
So, here’s something interesting. At least I thought so. Gary Henderson was named the pitching coach at Mississippi State in 2016 before Mingione was named the head coach at Kentucky. Henderson stepped down on June 1st, was named the pitching coach on June 10th and Mingione was named the coach at Kentucky on June 13th.

So, here’s something interesting. At least I thought so. Gary Henderson was named the pitching coach at Mississippi State in 2016 before Mingione was named the head coach at Kentucky. Henderson stepped down on June 1st, was named the pitching coach on June 10th and Mingione was named the coach at Kentucky on June 13th.

Allegedly Henderson kind of saw the writing on the wall and knew he didn't really want to keep the UK job, so he stepped down. Wouldn't surprise me to find out that he'd secured a job elsewhere before he did that.

Allegedly Henderson kind of saw the writing on the wall and knew he didn't really want to keep the UK job, so he stepped down. Wouldn't surprise me to find out that he'd secured a job elsewhere before he did that.

I remember reading at the time he said he was just burnt out at being a head coach. Plus, him and Cohen were, and still are from what I’ve heard, pretty good friends.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
I remember reading at the time he said he was just burnt out at being a head coach. Plus, him and Cohen were, and still are from what I’ve heard, pretty good friends.

Had a connection to a player way back then that said Henderson couldn't handle the HC pressure. Would regularly freeze up and catchers would often call whole games because he couldn't do it. Don't know if that's entirely true, but that's the info I was passed a long time ago.

I didn't say the administration isnt serious about the baseball program. What I said was I dont think they've fully bought into what it will take to build a serious competitor in baseball. Gary Henderson was able to stay a little too long. Lets face it, his 2012 run saved his job and the same thing happened in 2014. The stadium, although it was needed, plays very little into the success of the program. I agree with Comebak, the pieces in place for baseball are not the correct ones. I truly feel like Kentucky can be very good in baseball. But its going to take the right pieces and Kentucky is missing those.
We're listening🤔🤔👍🏾🇱🇷🇱🇷⚾️⚾️😎

Led MSU to CWS the next year, correct?

He did but I think Cohen had his hand more on that team then people realize. He was only named the coach because Andy Cannizaro was caught playing two hand touch with a football staff member. And that was a weird year for MSU anyway. Went 15-15 in SEC. Lost the opening round of the SEC tournament. Got beat in the first game of the regional 20-10.

Had a connection to a player way back then that said Henderson couldn't handle the HC pressure. Would regularly freeze up and catchers would often call whole games because he couldn't do it. Don't know if that's entirely true, but that's the info I was passed a long time ago.

I had heard something similar. Also heard that Bohannon and Brian Green did most of the coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT