ADVERTISEMENT

Cats vs Gators (Sec Tournament)

If the school terminates his contract prior to June 30, 2021, he would receive 50% of his salary for the next three years. If it is terminated between July 1, 2021 and June 30, 2022 he would receive 75% over the next two years. Then if it is terminated between July 1, 2022 and June 30, 2023 he would receive 100% of his annual salary.

I’ve mostly posted on the FB board and The Paddock but have occasionally lurked on this board. I applaud the dedication of you guys that are die-hard UK baseball fans.

I’m just a casual follower myself, but I still wonder what Barnhart was thinking in giving Ming a contract extension he frankly didn’t deserve. A friend of mine told me is was to help with recruiting..... man it just seems like money and time are being flushed down the toilet.

I have every reason to believe that Ming will be back next year. I don’t think MB will extend him again but I have no reason to expect next year to be any better than this one.

I’ve mostly posted on the FB board and The Paddock but have occasionally lurked on this board. I applaud the dedication of you guys that are die-hard UK baseball fans.

I’m just a casual follower myself, but I still wonder what Barnhart was thinking in giving Ming a contract extension he frankly didn’t deserve. A friend of mine told me is was to help with recruiting..... man it just seems like money and time are being flushed down the toilet.

I have every reason to believe that Ming will be back next year. I don’t think MB will extend him again but I have no reason to expect next year to be any better than this one.

The extension was used to sorta help recruiting. I think Mingione was in the last year or next year was his last. Barnhartt gave the extension to smooth over recruiting that has been awful this year. But, and I may be wrong, but the extension is just an extension in name only. There’s language in it that gives Barnhartt an out. Will he take it? I highly doubt it. Baseball at Kentucky, unlike the rest of the SEC, is an afterthought. It’s also a laughing stock.

The extension was used to sorta help recruiting. I think Mingione was in the last year or next year was his last. Barnhartt gave the extension to smooth over recruiting that has been awful this year. But, and I may be wrong, but the extension is just an extension in name only. There’s language in it that gives Barnhartt an out. Will he take it? I highly doubt it. Baseball at Kentucky, unlike the rest of the SEC, is an afterthought. It’s also a laughing stock.
Sleeping giant from fans standpoint...just my opinion.

I agree 100% and that is why I think Mingione is back next year.

If the school terminates his contract prior to June 30, 2021, he would receive 50% of his salary for the next three years. If it is terminated between July 1, 2021 and June 30, 2022 he would receive 75% over the next two years. Then if it is terminated between July 1, 2022 and June 30, 2023 he would receive 100% of his annual salary.
Being reported elsewhere that NM's buyout is $800K+ now, $500K+ after next year.

If all rumors are true, and l have good word they are...how on earth can that be true.
UK baseball has been a bottom feeder and I’m not sold the administration is all in yet, despite the new park. Nobody hopes that statement is wrong more than me but I’m at the point of put up or shut up.

Reactions: Big_Blue_1018
Sleeping giant from fans standpoint...just my opinion.

I disagree with this. A large majority of UK fans could care less about the baseball program. Just check Twitter to see all the complaints about the game being on the radio in KSRs spot. Most Kentucky fans couldn’t tell you who the head coach is for baseball or name 5 players on the team.

UK baseball has been a bottom feeder and I’m not sold the administration is all in yet, despite the new park. Nobody hopes that statement is wrong more than me but I’m at the point of put up or shut up.

I sorta feel like this too.

I disagree with this. A large majority of UK fans could care less about the baseball program. Just check Twitter to see all the complaints about the game being on the radio in KSRs spot. Most Kentucky fans couldn’t tell you who the head coach is for baseball or name 5 players on the team.
Build it and they will come!!! Kentucky loves bb. ⚾️⚾️⚾️👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

Being reported elsewhere that NM's buyout is $800K+ now, $500K+ after next year.
If the school terminates his contract prior to June 30, 2021, he would receive 50% of his salary for the next three years. If it is terminated between July 1, 2021 and June 30, 2022 he would receive 75% over the next two years. Then if it is terminated between July 1, 2022 and June 30, 2023 he would receive 100% of his annual salary...he's making 400k + 175k guaranteed endorsements.

If you look at things right now I agree. If the program becomes a winner that will change. LSU in the 1980’s is a prime example. No support to leading the country in attendance almost every year. Winning fixes everything.

I don’t know if you’re trying to troll or what but I’ll post in whatever thread I want to.
I wasn’t directing this at anyone nor telling anyone what to do. The point is every single thread is loaded with good info about NM and a thread dedicated to that will be better.

I wasn’t directing this at anyone nor telling anyone what to do. The point is every single thread is loaded with good info about NM and a thread dedicated to that will be better.
For some reason the app not letting me post without it being a reply. I now see that I posted that as a reply to your post. Many times to post I am hitting reply on any message.

For some reason the app not letting me post without it being a reply. I now see that I posted that as a reply to your post. Many times to post I am hitting reply on any message that

For some reason the app not letting me post without it being a reply. I now see that I posted that as a reply to your post. Many times to post I am hitting reply on any message that

And I shouldn’t have come out it that way anyways. Just a frustrating day. I want UK yo have a successful program. And it’s quite obvious that Mingione is not getting it done.

Reactions: Jim_Cornette
If you look at things right now I agree. If the program becomes a winner that will change. LSU in the 1980’s is a prime example. No support to leading the country in attendance almost every year. Winning fixes everything.

I think UK is weather challenged early in the season, but by early April, thousands are playing golf and at Keeneland, I guarantee you that 2-4000 fans would attend UK games regularly if they had a decent team.

I think you'll see UK players hit the portal quickly. Not sure how long it takes but it'll be fast as possible.

If the administration is not serious then why do you spend 50 million on maybe the best bb stadium in the sec...not talking biggest?

If the administration is not serious then why do you spend 50 million on maybe the best bb stadium in the sec...not talking biggest?

I think MB very legitimately wants every sport to succeed. If he didn't we wouldn't have the small sports doing as well as they have been. He'd be ignoring them as well. I think he wants it to happen, but he just hasnt put the pieces together right yet for baseball. He's also more patient than some or all of us. Sometimes that's right and sometimes it's wrong.

I know for a fact Brad Bohannon who coached here now at Alabama wanted the job. I don’t know if he would’ve been better or not. What do you think comebackcatz?

I know for a fact Brad Bohannon who coached here now at Alabama wanted the job. I don’t know if he would’ve been better or not. What do you think comebackcatz?

Probably better. Would have been better and more streamlined recruiting process as he was not the far removed from being recruiting coordinator here. So, he could have jumped right back into recruiting KY kids and brought many on board. Not sure how far he could take UK, but I think we'd be in a much better place.

Reactions: sluggercatfan

I didn't say the administration isnt serious about the baseball program. What I said was I dont think they've fully bought into what it will take to build a serious competitor in baseball. Gary Henderson was able to stay a little too long. Lets face it, his 2012 run saved his job and the same thing happened in 2014. The stadium, although it was needed, plays very little into the success of the program. I agree with Comebak, the pieces in place for baseball are not the correct ones. I truly feel like Kentucky can be very good in baseball. But its going to take the right pieces and Kentucky is missing those.

Reactions: SeanCain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT