ADVERTISEMENT

Cats vs Gators (Sec Tournament)

Really the story of the season.

Same blah performance from the team. No fire at all. Florida never seemed worried probably like the rest of the SEC.
When was the last time you saw Mingione intense? He’s very laid back and the team plays like that at times.

CB3 ...what do you see in Plastiak or Anu? Anu looks line he should be murder, but is never clutch! And I'm totally unimpressed with P.

Anu worked a full count, but grounds out to short and UK's season comes to an end.

4-1 UF

Random thought: Did I miss something, or what happened to Hagenow? Two appearances since April 10? For 1.1 innings?

Who the hell knows. Never heard he was hurt. I think they just decided he was struggling, so they put him on the back end of the bullpen. They did that with a lot of guys.

Not only that, but the first person off the bench to replace Rubalcaba was actually Liebert. Liebert got a start or two before Kessler finally got the nod. We have basically not seen Liebert since... and we rarely see Rubalcaba.

Kessler is an interesting story... he struggled like crazy last year and Mingione stuck with him despite him hitting under .100. We all knew he could hit better, but he just wasn't and Mingione kept running him out there. Yet then we get to this year and rather than treating it like Mingione knows that Kessler can hit and giving him the chances to do so, he basically has him 3rd on the depth chart at catcher. It is very Jekyll and Hyde, but kind of in the opposite way it should have been.
Great points I forgot about most of that i
Could have/should have won this game.
This was as an ideal set-up to upset Florida in a big game that Mingione will ever get the rest of his career. The Orange puke was ripe for upset here.

CB3 ...what do you see in Plastiak or Anu? Anu looks line he should be murder, but is never clutch! And I'm totally unimpressed with P.

Anu hits over .320 with runners in scoring position. Hard to be mad at that, especially when others are struggling. He also at least provides some power with 5 SEC home runs. So, he can change a game quickly.

Plastiak didn't get a full season, but he was hitting .262 in SEC play, which is better than anyone else playing third. He also had 3 home runs in league play in less than half the at bats of other hitters. Also has an OB% touching .350. Needs to improve his defense.

Both could be better, but we have a lot of guys who could be better.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Has there been any serious talk of replacing NM? Any rumors of such? I just think it's at least a year away from happening although it's beyond lunacy to build a shiny new ballpark yet put this product in it.

Reactions: SeanCain
Has there been any serious talk of replacing NM? Any rumors of such? I just think it's at least a year away from happening although it's beyond lunacy to build a shiny new ballpark yet put this product in it.

No. None. If there has been, it’s from fans only. Let’s face it, barring a meeting from some diety, Mingione will be back next year. I don’t like it. But it’s not my call. He’s way over his head who just happened to catch lighting in a bottle in 2017.

Well my fellow baseball fans. It’s been a year. Not much to look forward to other than football. The Reds suck. My Tigers are in last place. Just been a year.

Shelby for one vs Anu and with P , I have no clue. Just hope MB makes the big/right decision for the program.!

I think Shelby and Anu are probably pretty similar, TBH... except Shelby is much better in the OF.

I didn't see the off season, but there were a whole lot of possibilities of things IMO and UK took advantage of very few of them. Also, I think a part of things is that players have to know, accept, and embrace their roles. I don't think any of that happened.

Maybe they stick around if they fire Ming today or tomorrow.
There’s a lot of guys graduating / going pro collectively so I’m sure Nick will lie to the players that are unhappy telling them there opportunity is front of them. Last season I think there was 15 in the transfer portal which traditionally is a black eye on a program but with Nick he just chews them up and spits them out with no regard for the opportunities these players didn’t take, to take Nicks word that here at UK they will be a key contributor

Unfortunately there aren’t any rumors of it. MB dosmt poke around the program he just lets Nick be the gate keeper. I doubt MB even knew about the conflict amongst coaches between themselves this off season.

I think Shelby and Anu are probably pretty similar, TBH... except Shelby is much better in the OF.

I didn't see the off season, but there were a whole lot of possibilities of things IMO and UK took advantage of very few of them. Also, I think a part of things is that players have to know, accept, and embrace their roles. I don't think any of that happened.
Exactly what I said the other day. Nick has massively under utilized every resource he has had here. Name one resource that met expectations with ?

The writing is on the wall for mingione’s tenure at UK. It’ll only be worse next year but hey we save some money! I will honestly be surprised is Ming is let go. Either way next year is going to be ugly with all the transfers and average recruiting class we have coming in.

No. None. If there has been, it’s from fans only. Let’s face it, barring a meeting from some diety, Mingione will be back next year. I don’t like it. But it’s not my call. He’s way over his head who just happened to catch lighting in a bottle in 2017.

I think Mingione and Mitch will get a very rude awakening soon. I am not sure that Mingione is aware of, or willing to admit, that he may very well lose a very very large portion of his team.

Exactly what I said the other day. Nick has massively under utilized every resource he has had here. Name one resource that met expectations with ?
Plus all his doofy bull crap like “ Minges Motivation” which was all a load of crap and the irony of it being so many of his “ motivations” were direct contrast to his own behavior which is also consistent with all of “ Christian” value BS. I’m pretty sure bullying people that you have leverage over ( players ) and putting your own career ambitions miles ahead of those players that haven’t even started yet to get their careers off the ground and Nick destroys those “ trying “ to be a hero ala making Kessler a nobody heading into the most crucial season of his career regarding going to the next level of baseball. You think that is Christian like ?

There’s a lot of guys graduating / going pro collectively so I’m sure Nick will lie to the players that are unhappy telling them there opportunity is front of them. Last season I think there was 15 in the transfer portal which traditionally is a black eye on a program but with Nick he just chews them up and spits them out with no regard for the opportunities these players didn’t take, to take Nicks word that here at UK they will be a key contributor

From what I heard... that doesn't seem to be the case, at least yet. Instead, he's telling guys that they will still be behind veterans that he thinks will be returning that certainly will have other options that they might take.

Unfortunately there aren’t any rumors of it. MB dosmt poke around the program he just lets Nick be the gate keeper. I doubt MB even knew about the conflict amongst coaches between themselves this off season.
CB3 said something about it the other day??

That's what I thought. Way I see it is about the only way the situation could change is will parents intervene with MB? I don't mean "little league types" but parents with legitimate gripes about treatment of players? Are there any baseball alums/donors of note?

That's what I thought. Way I see it is about the only way the situation could change is will parents intervene with MB? I don't mean "little league types" but parents with legitimate gripes about treatment of players? Are there any baseball alums/donors of note?
Wonder if MB confides in Flynn or Madison at all?

I think Mingione gets a pass this year but next year is it. I just hope by that time the program isn’t in a death spiral.

Fire that fraud and hire Rob Childress........today.
Fraud is the perfect word.
Shelby for one vs Anu and with P , I have no clue. Just hope MB makes the big/right decision for the program.!
And with the dissension reportedly going on and the makeup of the roster, next season looks worse.
amd imagine if last season had played out. Knowing what you just said about this season and the next. Last seasons team was way worse than this one. Got absolutely dominated by TCU at the start and Then at the finish Pre cancelation got destroyed AT HOME By UNC-W. NC-W stood over nick in the dugout talking so much smack at him and he just had to wear it. Their fan base came into KPP and insulted everyone both in the infield within ear shot and I’m the stands. It was an embarrassment but then again Nick gave his cornball analogy and a bible metaphor and then tried to act like they were ready to make big noise in the SEC if only Covid had not prevented that from happening.

Reactions: maysvilleky
I think Mingione gets a pass this year but next year is it. I just hope by that time the program isn’t in a death spiral.
Next year’s team will probably be worse than this year’s team so the program probably will be in a death spiral if it isn’t already.

From what I heard... that doesn't seem to be the case, at least yet. Instead, he's telling guys that they will still be behind veterans that he thinks will be returning that certainly will have other options that they
Outside of the new contract...why? It's not like you're buying out Stoops or Cal!
fine give him one more year. They will not improve under Nick Mingione, ever. So if MB put him on the hot seat for next season then he will be gone at the end of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT